Online blackjack (also known as 21) is a casino table card game that is popular with players all over the United States. The game is easy to learn how to play and requires that players make use of both luck and strategy to win big prizes. There are so many different variations of the game available to play, and now players in the USA have access to them at top-rated online casinos.
If you are keen on playing blackjack online for money or for fun, make sure that you keep reading down below. We have created the ultimate guide to real blackjack online, and it includes a load of thing US players need to know if they are going to play online, such as a how to play guide, a list of the most popular variations of the game and some general playing tips. So, read on and find out all you need to know about blackjack games online for money at US cyber casinos.
Best Online Blackjack Casinos 2019
Are you looking to play online blackjack for money in the United States? Well, then have a look at the casinos list below. Each has got a good number of variations available to US players.
What You’ll Find In Our Online Blackjack Guide
- How to Play Online Blackjack
- Types of Blackjack
- Online Blackjack Tips
- Live Blackjack Online
- Play Blackjack Online Free in the United States
- History of Blackjack
- Blackjack Online Game FAQs
Online blackjack is probably the easiest of all the casino games to learn how to play. Just follow the steps below, and you’ll be in your first game in no time!
- Every blackjack game starts with each player making a bet.
- After each player has made their bet, the dealer will deal two cards to players and him or herself. Whether players will be able to see one of the dealer’s cards is based on which variation of the game is being played.
- Players check their cards and add up the value. It is important to remember that it is your aim to get to a score as close to 21 as possible without going over. Players decide their next move based on the value of their hand. They can decide to hit (receive another card), surrender (give up), double down (increase their bet and receive another card) or split (split their current hand into two.)
- After all players have decided how they would like to respond, the dealer checks his hand. They must hit on 16 or less and stand on 17 or more.
- The player with the hand closest to 21 wins. Essentially, the aim is to get a hand that beats the dealer’s.
There are a number of different blackjack online gambling options available to US players at the best casino sites. Some of the most popular variations include the following:
- Classic – this form of blackjack is played with one deck of cards and a single hand. While this from of the casino game may be available online, US players shouldn’t expect to find it at land-based casinos, especially those based in Las Vegas.
- European Blackjack – there are multiple variations of European blackjack. As a general, we don’t recommend that US gamblers play games within this subcategory of blackjack too often. These games often have the highest house edge of all blackjack variations.
- American Blackjack – unlike in roulette, American blackjack games provide players with better odds of winning. There are two major differences between American and European blackjack variations. Firstly, in the American variation, the major difference is that players are dealt with two cards immediately; one face up and one face down. Secondly, American blackjack uses six to eight decks instead of two. As with European blackjack, there are multiple forms of this card game.
- Multi-Hand – this form of blackjack is pretty much the same as the standard classic variation except multiple games are played in a single go. One of the best aspects of this variation is that it is possible to play multiple strategies at once too.
Whether you are playing blackjack online for fun or real money, you want to win the game. While there are no strategies that will ever ensure that this always happens, there are a few tips you can implement during gameplay that will increase the likelihood of you walking away with some winnings. Some such tips include the following:
- Stick to basic strategy – although this may seem like a cliché, we only recommend using basic strategy because it works. Players should keep in mind that using this strategy reduces house advantage to less than 1%.
- Split a Pair of Aces or 8s – by splitting your double aces; you give yourself a chance of potentially hitting 21 twice. With regards to splitting 8s, players give themselves a chance of hitting a high hand of 18.
- Never take insurance – insurance bets have a higher house edge than any other bet in a regular game of blackjack. Thus, it is not a very good idea to take such bets as you stand a pretty good chance of losing and for no good reason.
- Don’t split 10s or 6s – a pair of 10s is already a very good hand, whereas splitting a pair of sixes gives you one of the worst possible hands in blackjack 21 online.
- Keep within your bankroll – this advice is not limited just to online casino blackjack. Basically, you need to make sure that whenever you gamble online, you stay within your budget. You should never be playing with money you cannot afford to lose.
If the idea of playing blackjack online against a random number generator does not interest you at all, do take not that you are able to play live dealer blackjack online. As the name suggests, these games allow US gamblers to play the game with a real-life dealer and other real players.
With these games, player get to experience the excitement of playing this popular card game with other people as in land-based casinos. If they don’t trust random number generators, they also get the assurance that a real person is dealing cards.
If you love the variables real players introduce in the game, why not try one of the best live blackjack online USA casino featured here on Gambling360.com?
There are so many US players out there who would like to play blackjack games but aren’t really interested in losing any real money. Well, the good news is that it is possible to play free blackjack game online at the best casino sites.
We actually recommend that American gamblers start with free games first. This way they are able to get a feel for the game in an online environment as well as get the chance to practice strategies in a risk-free environment. So, what are you waiting for? Find a blackjack online game no money at one of our casinos now!
Like many popular casino games, the earliest form of blackjack was played in France during the 16th century but was called 21 (which is still a popular name for the game today.) Historians believe that the game played today is a variation of two popular games of that era: French Ferme and Chemin de Fer.
During the 18th century, French migrants spread the game through Europe and North America. By the 19th century, the game had grown to become extremely popular in the United States, especially with the opening of Mademe Dumont’s establishment in Nevada City during the California Gold Rush. As an accomplished card dealer (who was also allegedly very beautiful), Dumont attracted players from across the country, spreading the fame of the game.
When Nevada legalized gambling in 1931, blackjack became extremely popular with players visiting casinos in the state. In fact, it is one of the games that most players associate Las Vegas with. The game has remained extremely popular with players across the country and probably will remain for many years.
Check out our other games pages:
Can I play blackjack online?
Yes, it is completely possible to play blackjack online for money. We recommend using one of the casinos listed above for all your blackjack needs.
Can you make money playing online blackjack?
Again, it is completely possible to do so! However, we do urge US players to keep in mind that blackjack is a gambling game, so there is a chance that they will not win any cash prizes while playing. It wouldn’t be called gambling if players face the possibility of loss too.
What is the best online blackjack site?
We recommend using one of the casinos listed above. They are all the best online blackjack sites available to US players at the moment.
Is online blackjack rigged?
No, online blackjack is not rigged. As long as you ensure that you are playing at a casino that is registered with appropriate regulating authorities, then you are assured of a safe and fair gambling experience. However, if you choose to play at an unregulated casino, there is a chance of playing rigged games.
Can you count cards in online blackjack?
Unfortunately, it is impossible for players to count cards in real money blackjack online games. The reason for this is that these games make use of random number generators as opposed to real-life dealers. The RNG software makes it impossible for players to count cards.