It is very easy to play blackjack online for money. It is one of the most popular games at online casinos, especially as there are loads of variations available. One of the major reasons for this is that online blackjack odds are much lower than in brick-and-mortar odds.
If you are keen to learn more about playing online blackjack, keep reading. We have created the ultimate guide to playing the game on the internet. We cover areas such as how to play the game, strategies, variations, and so much more!
Online Blackjack Links
- Best Blackjack Online Casinos 2021
- Top 10 Online Blackjack Casinos for US Players
- Online Blackjack Rules – Explained
- How to Play Online Blackjack
- Types of Online Blackjack Games
- Real Blackjack Online: Tips and Tricks
- Blackjack Strategy Charts
- Online Blackjack Odds
- Free Online Blackjack Games
- Play Online Blackjack – FAQs
Here is a list of the 10 best online blackjack casinos in the USA:
- Slots of Vegas
- Lucky Tiger
- Café Casino
- Old Havana Casino
- High Country Casino
- Irish Luck Casino
- Prism Casino
- Lucky Hippo Casino
- Golden Lion Casino
Online blackjack is a fairly simple game to play. Don’t take our word for it, though; read through the rules of the game and see for yourself:
- The goal of blackjack is to beat the dealer’s hand.
- Exceeding a score of 21 will result in a loss.
- Face cards are worth 10 points, and Aces are worth 1 or 11 points. Every other card is worth the number printed on them.
- At the beginning of a game, you are dealt two cards.
- Then, you must decide to hit or stand.
- You need to say “hit” to ask for an additional card.
- If you don’t want any more cards, you need to say “stand.”
- If you are dealt an Ace and a card worth 10 points, you’ve got a natural blackjack.
- Generally, a natural blackjack will payout 3:2 if you win. Everything other winning hand will payout 1:1.
Now that you know the rules of the game, here is a walkthrough of an average online blackjack round:
- Every online blackjack game starts with a bet.
- After you have made your bet, the dealer will give you two blackjack cards and deal two to him or herself. Depending on the variation, you may be able to see one of the dealer’s cards.
- After calculating the value of your hand, you need to decide on your next move. You can decide to:
- Hit (receive another card),
- Surrender (give up),
- Double down (increase your bet and get another card),
- Split (split your current hand in two).
- After all the players have decided how they would like to respond, the dealer checks his hand. In most variants, the dealer must hit on 16 or less and stand on 17 or more.
- The player with the hand closest to 21 wins the game. Winning hands will then be paid out.
- You are now ready to play again.
Several online blackjack variants are available, including:
Classic blackjack is the most traditional form of the gambling game. It features eight decks of cards and a single hand. Most casinos offer this variation as it is the form of online blackjack most players are familiar with it. The standard payout for a natural is 3:2.
Many variations of European blackjack exist. Generally, we don’t recommend you play these games often. Usually, these variations offer higher house edges because, surprisingly, fewer decks are used.
American blackjack games provide you with better odds of winning. There are many reasons for this, but one of the most important is that you are dealt two cards immediately. Another is that sub-variants based on American blackjack use six to eight decks instead of two.
Multi-hand blackjack is similar to a classic game, except multiple games are played at the same time. One of the best aspects of multi-hand blackjack is that you can use multiple strategies at once.
Switch is similar to the classic online blackjack except you play two hands at a time, and you can switch cards between hands.
Check out our other blackjack guides:
Whether you are playing blackjack online for fun or real money, you want to win the game. Here are a few tips you to increase your likelihood of winning:
- Stick to basic strategy – although this may seem like a cliché, we recommend using basic strategy because it works. This blackjack online gambling strategy reduces the house advantage to less than 1%.
- Split a pair of aces or 8s – by splitting your double aces; you give yourself a chance of potentially hitting 21 twice. With regards to splitting 8s, you have a chance of hitting a high hand of 18.
- Don’t count cards – although this strategy is not illegal, most casinos don’t allow people to use it and will ban you from their premises.
- Never take insurance – insurance bets have a higher house edge than any other side bet in blackjack. Thus, don’t make these bets as you will probably lose.
- Don’t split 10s or 6s – a pair of 10s is already an excellent hand, whereas splitting a pair of sixes gives you one of the worst possible hands in 21, which is a soft 17 or soft 16.
Blackjack is a casino game with some of the most promising odds of all. The return-to-player percentage in your average online blackjack game is around 99.5%. This means that you face a house edge of less than 1%.
However, this is only if you know how to play the game. Thus, you should make a point of learning basic strategy and how card counting works to increase your chances of winning. With these strategies, you could reduce the house edge to 0%!
Most of the world’s most successful gamblers started by making a fortune at blackjack tables in Las Vegas. Learn how to play the game properly, and you could add your name to that list!
If you would like to play online blackjack, but aren’t interested in losing any real money, we recommend playing free games.
Similarly, if you are new to the online space, we recommend you start with free games. You can get a feel for the game online. Also, you get to practice strategies in a risk-free environment.
So, what are you waiting for? Play free online blackjack games now!
Check out our other games pages:
Yes, it is possible to make a living playing blackjack! Loads of players like Bryce Carlson, Edward O. Thorp, and Arnold Snyder have made millions from playing this famous casino game.
However, we urge you to keep in mind that it is a gambling game. So, there is a chance you will not win in a game session. Not winning during a game session is also not a sign that the game is rigged. You are at the mercy of luck.
The best online blackjack sites are:
3. Lucky Red
4. Golden Lion
5. Irish Luck
No, online blackjack games are not rigged. As long as you ensure you are playing at an online casino registered with the appropriate regulating authorities, you are assured of a safe and fair gambling experience.
As there are no federal laws against playing blackjack online, the answer to this question is dependent on the state you live in.
If you live in a state where gambling is illegal, then yes, it is illegal to play blackjack online. However, if you live in a state where online gambling is legal or, at the very least, there are no laws against it, then no, it is not illegal.
No strategy guarantees you will always win every game you play, but you can use a few tips to increase your odds of winning. Card counting is one such technique, but we wouldn’t recommend it.
No, card counting is illegal, but it will get you banned from casino floors in Vegas and other gambling hotspots.
Yes, playing blackjack online is worth it. Not only are you allowed to play real money games at any time you like, but you also get the chance to play for free. Free games allow you to practice your strategies without losing any money.
If you have a hand of 16 and the dealer is showing a nine or a ten, you should surrender because you will probably lose anyway. There are many other situations where you should consider surrendering.
We recommend you visit our surrender guide to find out more about each situation you should surrender in.
Your bet size is dependent on your total bankroll. Overall, we recommend you never bet more than 10% of your bankroll at one time. Don’t ever double your bet!
No, do not take the even money bet. Statistically, it has been shown that players get paid out 3/2 on 69% of the occasions they are offered even money.