About 46% of gamblers enjoy playing blackjack regularly, which is why gambling sites offer loads of online blackjack variations. The best thing about playing on the internet is that online blackjack odds are much lower than in brick-and-mortar casinos.
If you are keen to learn more about playing blackjack online instead of land-based casinos, keep reading. We have created the ultimate guide to playing the game. We have also listed all top online blackjack casinos so you can start playing as soon as you like!
Online Blackjack Links
- Play Blackjack Online Here
- Types of Online Blackjack Games
- Blackjack Rules – Explained
- How to Play Blackjack
- Real Blackjack Online: Tips and Tricks
- Blackjack Strategy Charts
- Online Blackjack Odds
- Blackjack Online for Money: Apps
- Free Online Blackjack
- History of Blackjack
- Play Online Blackjack – FAQs
There are several online blackjack for real money variants available. Some of the most popular include:
Classic blackjack is the most traditional form of the game. It features eight decks of cards and a single hand. Most casinos offer this variation as most players are familiar with it. The standard payout for a natural is 3:2.
Many variations of European blackjack exist. Generally, we don’t recommend that you play these games often. Usually, these variations offer higher house edges because, surprisingly, fewer decks are used.
American blackjack games provide you with better odds of winning. There are many reasons for this, but one of the major reasons is that you are dealt two cards immediately. Another is that American blackjack variants use six to eight decks instead of two.
Multi-hand blackjack is similar to a classic game, except multiple games are played at the same time. One of the best aspects of multi-hand blackjack is that you can play multiple strategies at once.
Switch is similar to the classic version except you play two hands at a time, and you can switch cards between hands.
Real money blackjack is a fairly simple game to play. Don’t take our word for it, though; read through the rules of the game yourself and see:
- The goal of blackjack is to beat the dealer’s hand.
- Exceeding a score of 21 will result in a loss.
- Face cards are worth 10 points, and Aces are worth 1 or 10 points. Every other card is worth the number printed on them.
- At the beginning of a game, you are given two cards.
- Then, you must decide to hit or stand.
- You need to say “hit” to ask for an additional card,
- If you don’t want any more cards, you need to say “stand.”
- If you are dealt an Ace and a card worth 10 points, you’ve hit a natural blackjack.
Now that you know the rules of the game, here is a walkthrough of your average blackjack online for real money hand:
- Every blackjack game starts with a bet.
- After you have made your bet, the dealer will give you two blackjack cards and deal two to and him or herself. Depending on the variation, you may be able to see one of the dealer’s cards.
- After calculating the value of your hand, you need to decide on your next move. You can decide to hit (receive another card), surrender (give up), double down (increase your bet and get another card) or split (split your current hand in two).
- After all the players have decided how they would like to respond, the dealer checks his hand. Usually, the dealer must hit on 16 or less and stand on 17 or more.
- The player with the hand closest to 21 wins the game. You are now ready to play again.
Check out our other blackjack guides:
Whether you are playing blackjack online for fun or real money, you want to win the game. Here are a few tips you to increase your likelihood of winning:
- Stick to basic strategy – although this may seem like a cliché, we recommend using basic strategy because it works. This blackjack online gambling strategy reduces the house advantage to less than 1%.
- Split a pair of aces or 8s – by splitting your double aces; you give yourself a chance of potentially hitting 21 twice. With regards to splitting 8s, you have a chance of hitting a high hand of 18.
- Don’t count cards – although this strategy is not illegal, most casinos don’t allow people to use it and will ban you from their premises.
- Never take insurance – insurance bets have a higher house edge than any other side bet in blackjack. Thus, don’t make these bets as you will probably lose.
- Don’t split 10s or 6s – a pair of 10s is already an excellent hand, whereas splitting a pair of sixes gives you one of the worst possible hands in 21, which is a soft 17 or soft 16.
Blackjack is a casino game with some of the most promising odds of all. However, this is only if you truly know how to play the game. Thus, you should make a point of learning basic strategy and perhaps learning the theory behind card counting to increase your chances of winning.
Most of the world’s most successful gamblers started by making a fortune at blackjack tables in Las Vegas. Learn how to play the game properly, and you could add your name to that list.
Looking to play blackjack on your mobile device? Well, there are two ways you can play mobile blackjack games:
- Web Browser – log in to your favorite casino through your mobile web browser. You are then free to play blackjack games as you please as long as you maintain an active internet connection.
- Blackjack App – there are hundreds of blackjack apps available on the App Store and Google Play Store. Not all of these apps offer real money gambling, but some do. Often you can find online casino apps on the casino’s website if you don’t want to look at the store.
If you would like to play blackjack but aren’t interested in losing any real money, we recommend playing free blackjack games.
If you are new to the online space, we recommend that you start with free games. You can get a feel for the game online. Also, you get to practice strategies in a risk-free environment.
So, what are you waiting for? Play free blackjack games online now!
Check out our other games pages:
Yes, it is possible to make a living playing blackjack! However, we do urge that you keep in mind that it is a gambling game, so there is a chance that they will not win in a game session.
The best online blackjack sites are listed as follows:
3. Lucky Red
4. Golden Lion
5. Irish Luck
No, blackjack machines are not rigged. As long as you ensure that you are playing at a casino registered with the appropriate regulating authorities, you are assured of a safe and fair gambling experience.
As there are no federal laws against playing blackjack online, the answer to this question is dependent on the state in which you live. If you live in a state where gambling is illegal, then yes, it is illegal to play blackjack online. However, if you live in a state where online gambling is legal or, at the very least, there are no laws against it, then no, it is not illegal.
No strategy guarantees that you always win every game you play, but you can use a few tips to increase your chances of winning. Card counting is one such technique, but we wouldn’t recommend it.
No, card counting is illegal, but it will get you banned from casino floor in Vegas and other gambling hotspots.
Yes, playing blackjack online is worth it. Not only are you allowed to play real money games at any time you like, but you also get the chance to play free games. These allow you to practice your strategies without losing any money.
If you have a hand of 16 and the dealer is showing a nine or a ten, you should surrender because you will probably lose anyway.
Your bet size is dependent on your total bankroll. Overall, we recommend that you never bet more than 10% of your bankroll at one time. Don’t ever double your bet!
No, do not take the even money bet. Statistically, it has been shown that players get paid out 3/2 on 69% of the occasions that they are offered even money.