About 46% of gamblers have played blackjack before. Although the popular casino game (also known as 21) isn’t as big as slots, it remains closely associated with Las Vegas. It is also extremely popular online, where so many casinos offer a load of the best online blackjack variations. That’s right; you can now play online blackjack for fun or real money from the comfort of your own home or on the move with the top online gambling sites.
If you are keen on playing blackjack online instead of land based casinos, keep reading. We have created the ultimate guide to playing the card game online, where we cover topics such as how to play blackjack, the variations of the game available at casino sites and some general playing tips. So, read on and find out all you need to know about blackjack games at online casinos.
Are you looking to play online blackjack for money? Well, then have a look at the casinos list below. Each offers you a chance to beat the dealer and win!
Online Blackjack Links
- Best Blackjack for Money
- Blackjack Real Money: How to Pick a Casino
- How to Play Blackjack
- Blackjack Rules – Explained
- Real Blackjack Online: Tips and Tricks
- Blackjack Strategy Charts
- Online Blackjack: Variations
- Blackjack Online for Money: Apps
- Live Blackjack Online
- Free Online Blackjack
- History of Blackjack
- Play Online Blackjack – FAQs
You need to do your research before signing up to a blackjack casino to play in the United States. Some of the key areas you need to look at before playing online blackjack:
- Determine whether the casino is safe to use – make sure that the casino you want to sign up to is safe to use. This means ensuring that they use a random number generator and that they use secure socket layering to protect your data.
- Analyze blackjack bonuses – casino sites often offer players big bonuses as an incentive to sign up and make deposits. We recommend that players run through the terms and conditions of these deals before signing up.
- Analyze the game library – check to see whether the casino offers a number of the best blackjack online games available before you make a deposit.
- Choose a best payout casino – try to find a casino that pays out well. Although playing at casinos with great payout percentages doesn’t guarantee you wins, it does help increase your chances of winning.
Blackjack is probably the easiest casino game to learn how to play. Just follow the blackjack strategy below, and you’ll enjoy the games like never before because you’ll be winning in no time!
- Every blackjack game starts with each player making a bet.
- After each player has made their bet, cards are dealt. The dealer will give two blackjack cards to players and him or herself. Whether or not players will be able to see one of the dealer’s cards is based on the variation.
- Players check their cards and add up the value. Your aim to get to a score close to 21 points without going over. Players decide their next move based on the value of their hand. They can decide to hit (receive another card), surrender (give up), double down (increase their bet and receive another card) or split (split their current hand into two).
- After all players have decided how they would like to respond, the dealer checks his hand. They must hit on 16 or less and stand on 17 or more.
- The player with the hand closest to 21 wins the game. You are now ready to play again.
If you’re still a bit confused about how to play real money blackjack, we have listed the game’s general rules down below so you can start playing soon:
- The goal of blackjack is to beat the dealer’s hand.
- Exceeding 21 will result in a loss.
- Face cards are worth 10 points and Aces are worth 1 or 10 points. Every other card is worth the number printed on them.
- At the beginning of a game, you are given two cards.
- You then make a decision to hit or stand.
- To ask for an additional card, you need to say “hit”.
- If you do not want any more cards, you need to say “stand”.
- If you are dealt an Ace and a card worth 10 points, you’ve hit a natural blackjack.
Check out our other blackjack guides:
Whether you are playing blackjack online for fun or real money, you want to win the game. Here are a few tips you can implement during online blackjack games to increase your likelihood of winning:
- Stick to basic strategy – although this may seem like a cliché, we recommend using basic strategy because it works. This blackjack online gambling strategy reduces house advantage to less than 1%.
- Split a pair of aces or 8s – by splitting your double aces; you give yourself a chance of potentially hitting 21 twice. With regards to splitting 8s, you have a chance of hitting a high hand of 18.
- Don’t count cards – although this strategy is not illegal, most casinos don’t allow people to use it and will ban you from playing at their site or premises.
- Never take insurance – insurance bets have a higher house edge than any other bet in blackjack. Thus, don’t take these bets as you stand a pretty good chance of losing.
- Don’t split 10s or 6s – a pair of 10s is already a very good hand, whereas splitting a pair of sixes gives you one of the worst possible hands in 21, which is a soft 17 or soft 16.
- Stick to your bankroll – whenever you gamble online, you need to stay within your budget. You should never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose while trying to win real money.
There are a number of blackjack variants available at the best casino sites. Some of the most popular include the following:
- Classic – this form of the casino game is feature one deck of cards and a single hand. While this variation may be available online, it is not very popularly available due to the favorable odds it provides players.
- European – there are many variations of European blackjack but generally we don’t recommend that you play these games too often. They often have the highest house edge of all variations because it uses a greater number of decks.
- American – American blackjack games provide you with better odds of winning. There are two major differences between American and European. Firstly, in the American variation, players are dealt two cards immediately; one face up and one face down. Secondly, the American variation uses six to eight decks instead of two.
- Multi-Hand – this version of the game is the same as the standard classic game except multiple games are going on at the same time. One of the best aspects of multi-hand blackjack is that it is possible to play multiple strategies at once.
- Blackjack Switch – this variation of the game is similar to the classic version except you play two hands at a time and you can switch cards between hands.
- Online Blackjack with Friends – this variation simply allows you to play with other real people. Perhaps, even people you know! This is possible with live dealer games.
Looking to play blackjack on your mobile device? There are two ways in which you can play mobile blackjack games:
- Web Browser – you log in to your favorite casino site through your mobile web browser. You are then free to play blackjack games as you please as long as you maintain an active internet connection.
- Blackjack App – there are hundreds of blackjack apps available on the App and Google Play Stores. While not all are offer real money gambling, there are several options that do.
If the idea of playing blackjack online against a random number generator does not interest you at all, have a look at playing live dealer blackjack games. As the name suggests, these games allow you to play the game with a real-life dealer and players.
With these games, you get to experience the excitement of playing with other people as in brick-and-mortar casinos. If you don’t trust random number generators, you get the assurance that a real person is dealing the cards.
If you love the variables real players introduce in the game, why not try one of the live casinos featured here on Gambling360.com?
If you would like to play blackjack but aren’t really interested in losing any real money, we recommend you play blackjack for free.
You should really start with these games. You can get a feel for the game online. In addition, you also get to practice strategies in a risk-free environment.
So, what are you waiting for? Play free blackjack games online now!
Check out our other games pages:
Yes, it is possible to make a living playing blackjack! However, we do urge that you keep in mind that it is a gambling game, so there is a chance that they will not win in a game session.
The best online blackjack sites are listed as follows:
3. Lucky Red
4. Golden Lion
5. Irish Luck
No, blackjack machines are not rigged. As long as you ensure that you are playing at a casino that is registered with the appropriate regulating authorities, you are assured of a safe and fair gambling experience.
As there are no federal laws against playing blackjack online, the answer to this question is dependent on the state in which you live. If you live in a state in which gambling is illegal, then yes, it is illegal to play blackjack online. However, if you live in a state where online gambling is legal or at the very least there are no laws against it, then no, it is not illegal.
There is no strategy that guarantees that you always win every game you play But there are a few tips you can use to increase your chances of winning. Card counting is one such technique but we wouldn’t recommend it.
No, card counting is not illegal but it will get you banned from casino floor in Vegas and other gambling hotspots.
Yes, playing blackjack online is worth it. Not only are you given the opportunity to play real money games at anytime you like but you also get the chance to play free games. These allow you to practice your strategies without losing any money.
If you have got a hand of 16 and the dealer is showing a nine or a ten, you should surrender because you are probably going to lose anyway.
Your bet size is dependent on your total bankroll. Overall, we recommend that you never bet more than 10% of your bankroll at one time. Don’t ever double your bet!
No, do not take the even money bet. Statistically, it has been shown that players get paid out 3/2 on 69% of the occasions that they are offered even money.