Online blackjack (also known as 21) is a casino table card game that is popular with players all over the United States. The game is easy to learn how to play and requires that players make use of both luck and strategy to win big prizes. There are so many variations of blackjack online available to play, and now players in the USA have access to them at top-rated online gambling sites.
If you are keen on playing blackjack online for money or for fun, make sure that you keep reading down below. We have created the ultimate guide to real blackjack online, and it includes a load of thing US players need to know if they are going to play online, such as a how to play guide, a list of the most popular variations of the game and some general playing tips. So, read on and find out all you need to know about blackjack games online for money at US cyber casinos.
Are you looking to play online blackjack for money in the United States? Well, then have a look at the casinos list below. Each has got a good number of variations available to US players.
Online Blackjack United States Guide Links
- Best Online Blackjack Casinos 2020
- How to Pick the Best Online Blackjack Casino
- How to Play Online Blackjack
- Top Online Blackjack Tips for US Players
- Types of Real Money Blackjack USA
- Top Online Blackjack Apps
- Live Blackjack Online in America
- Play Blackjack Online Free in the United States
- History of Blackjack
- Best Online Blackjack USA FAQs
US players need to do their research before signing up to a casino to play online blackjack. Some of the key areas we recommend players look at before making their first deposit at a casino site to play real blackjack online include the following:
- Real Money Online Blackjack USA Bonuses – one of the best parts about playing casino games online is the fact that casino sites often offer players big bonuses as an incentive to sign up. We recommend that players run through the terms and conditions of these deals before just signing up.
- Check Out Safety – make sure that the casino you sign up to is actually safe to use. This means ensuring that they use a random number generator and that they use secure socket layering to protect your data.
- Analyze the Game Library – make sure that the casino has a number of the best online blackjack for money games available to play before you make a deposit. In addition, you should probably check that they have other games your interested in too for when you get bored of playing blackjack.
- Choose a Best Payout Casino – try to find the online blackjack casino USA that pays out the best. Although playing at casinos with great payout percentages doesn’t guarantee you wins, it does help increase your chances of walking away with a potential profit.
Online blackjack is probably the easiest of all the online casino games to learn how to play. Just follow the steps below, and you’ll be in your first game in no time!
- Every online blackjack game starts with each player making a bet.
- After each player has made their bet, the dealer will deal two cards to players and him or herself. Whether players will be able to see one of the dealer’s cards is based on which variation of blackjack online is being played.
- Players check their cards and add up the value. It is important to remember that it is your aim to get to a score as close to 21 as possible without going over. Players decide their next move based on the value of their hand. They can decide to hit (receive another card), surrender (give up), double down (increase their bet and receive another card) or split (split their current hand into two.)
- After all players have decided how they would like to respond, the dealer checks his hand. They must hit on 16 or less and stand on 17 or more.
- The player with the hand closest to 21 wins the online blackjack game. Essentially, the aim is to get a hand that beats the dealer’s.
Blackjack Rules Explained
If you’re still a little bit confused about the whole idea of playing blackjack, we have listed the game’s general rules simply down below:
- The goal of a game of blackjack is to beat the dealer’ hand.
- The score of your hand cannot go over 21 or you lose.
- Face cards are worth 10 points and Aces are worth 1 or 10 points. Every other card is worth the number printed on them.
- Upon the start of game, players are given two cards.
- To ask for another card, they need to say “hit”.
- If they do not want any more cards, they need to say “stand”.
- If you are dealt an Ace and a card worth 10 points, you’ve hit a natural blackjack.
Whether you are playing blackjack online for fun or real money, you want to win the game. While there are no strategies that will ever ensure that this always happens, there are a few tips you can implement during gameplay that will increase the likelihood of you walking away with some winnings. Some such tips include the following:
- Stick to basic strategy – although this may seem like a cliché, we only recommend using basic strategy because it works. Players should keep in mind that using this online blackjack strategy reduces house advantage to less than 1%.
- Split a Pair of Aces or 8s – by splitting your double aces; you give yourself a chance of potentially hitting 21 twice. With regards to splitting 8s, players give themselves a chance of hitting a high hand of 18.
- Never take insurance – insurance bets have a higher house edge than any other bet in a regular game of online blackjack. Thus, it is not a very good idea to take such bets as you stand a pretty good chance of losing and for no good reason.
- Don’t split 10s or 6s – a pair of 10s is already a very good hand, whereas splitting a pair of sixes gives you one of the worst possible hands in blackjack 21 online.
- Keep within your bankroll – this advice is not limited just to online casino blackjack. Basically, you need to make sure that whenever you gamble online, you stay within your budget. You should never be playing with money you cannot afford to lose.
There are a number of different blackjack online gambling options available to US players at the best casino sites. Some of the most popular variations include the following:
- Classic – this form of the US casino games is played with one deck of cards and a single hand. While this from of the casino game may be available online, US players shouldn’t expect to find it at land-based casinos, especially those based in Las Vegas.
- European Blackjack – there are multiple variations of European blackjack. As a general, we don’t recommend that US gamblers play games within this subcategory of blackjack too often. These games often have the highest house edge of all blackjack variations.
- American Blackjack – unlike in roulette, American blackjack games provide players with better odds of winning. There are two major differences between American and European blackjack variations. Firstly, in the American variation, the major difference is that players are dealt with two cards immediately; one face up and one face down. Secondly, American blackjack uses six to eight decks instead of two. As with European blackjack, there are multiple forms of this card game.
- Multi-Hand – this form of blackjack is pretty much the same as the standard classic variation except multiple games are played in a single go. One of the best aspects of this variation is that it is possible to play multiple strategies at once too.
Looking to play blackjack on your mobile device? Well, then we have got good news for you as it is possible to play blackjack online on your smartphone or tablet. There are two ways in which players are able to play mobile blackjack games. We describe each manner below:
- Web Browser – players are able to log in to their favorite casino site through their mobile web browser. They are then free to play blackjack games as they please as long as they maintain an active internet connection.
- Blackjack App – there are hundreds of blackjack apps available on the App and Google Play Stores. While not all are offer real money gambling, there are several options that do. We recommend having a look at the options available to you at the digital storefront available for your mobile device. You are sure to find many games.
If the idea of playing blackjack online against a random number generator does not interest you at all, do take not that you are able to play live dealer blackjack online. As the name suggests, these games allow US gamblers to play the game with a real-life dealer and other real players.
With these games, player get to experience the excitement of playing this popular card game with other people as in land-based casinos. If they don’t trust random number generators, they also get the assurance that a real person is dealing cards.
If you love the variables real players introduce in the game, why not try one of the best live blackjack online USA casino featured here on Gambling360.com?
There are so many US players out there who would like to play blackjack games but aren’t really interested in losing any real money. Well, the good news is that it is possible to play free online blackjack at the best casino sites.
We actually recommend that American gamblers start with free games first. This way they are able to get a feel for the game in an online environment as well as get the chance to practice strategies in a risk-free environment. So, what are you waiting for? Find a free blackjack online game no money at one of our casinos now!
Like many popular casino games, the earliest form of blackjack was played in France during the 16th century but was called 21 (which is still a popular name for the game today.) Historians believe that the game played today is a variation of two popular games of that era: French Ferme and Chemin de Fer.
During the 18th century, French migrants spread the game through Europe and North America. By the 19th century, the game had grown to become extremely popular in the United States, especially with the opening of Mademe Dumont’s establishment in Nevada City during the California Gold Rush. As an accomplished card dealer (who was also allegedly very beautiful), Dumont attracted players from across the country, spreading the fame of the game.
When Nevada legalized gambling in 1931, blackjack became extremely popular with players visiting casinos in the state. In fact, it is one of the games that most players associate Las Vegas with. The game has remained extremely popular with players across the country and probably will remain for many years.
Check out our other games pages:
Can I play blackjack online?
Yes, it is completely possible to play blackjack online for money. We recommend using one of the casinos listed above for all your blackjack online casino needs.
Can you make money playing online blackjack?
Again, it is completely possible to do so! However, we do urge US players to keep in mind that blackjack is a gambling game, so there is a chance that they will not win any cash prizes while playing. It wouldn’t be called gambling if players face the possibility of loss too.
What is the best online blackjack site?
We recommend using one of the casinos listed above. They are all the best online blackjack sites available to US players at the moment.
Is online blackjack rigged?
No, online blackjack is not rigged. As long as you ensure that you are playing at a casino that is registered with appropriate regulating authorities, then you are assured of a safe and fair gambling experience. However, if you choose to play at an unregulated casino, there is a chance you may be playing rigged blackjack poker online games.
Can you count cards in online blackjack?
Unfortunately, it is impossible for players to count cards in real money blackjack online games. The reason for this is that these games make use of random number generators as opposed to real-life dealers. The RNG software makes it impossible for players to count cards. Anyone who claims to have a fool proof card counting online blackjack guide is trying to make some extra cash selling false dreams.
Where can I learn how to win online blackjack?
While no guide is ever going to give you a strategy that guarantees that you always win at US online blackjack, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of winning. We have got a couple of guides that help you just do that on Gambling360.com. Make sure to check them out!
Can I play free online blackjack games?
Yes, all the top online blackjack casino sites allow players to play games in free mode if they would like to learn how to play it. We recommend playing in free mode first when you first join online blackjack for money United States.
When should you hit in online blackjack?
It is recommended that if your hand is worth a score of 17 or higher, you should stand. If the dealer’s face card is less than six and your hand is worth more than 13, you should stand. In general, a score between 12-16 tends to be a little harder to decide on – you can stand or hit. Anything below 12 and you should hit.
How does insurance work in online blackjack?
Insurance is a type of bet available in blackjack. Players bet against the dealer getting a natural blackjack. If they win this bet, players are paid out 2-1. This bet can only be made if the dealer’s exposed card is an Ace.
What is doubling down in online blackjack?
Double down is a move used in blackjack which allows players to double their bet in exchange for another card. Although the move pays out well, it is a very risky bet which is not recommended by our strategists.