Fantasy football betting is probably the most popular form of fantasy sports gambling in the United States. This really isn’t a surprise as the National Football League (NFL) is the most watched sports league in the country. The fantasy version of the game is so popular that there was once even a television comedy series based off of it. Thus, there are loads of leagues across the country, each consisting of their own unique prizes and offering some very unique prizes.
With so many avid US bettors clamoring to get in on the fantasy football sports betting action, we have created the ultimate guide for the game. Below we go through all you need to know to get started in your first fantasy football game. We provide you with a list of the best fantasy football betting websites, the types of games you can play and strategies to use when forming a fantasy team. So, read on and find out all you need to know about this wonderful betting game.
Best Fantasy Football Betting Sites 2020
These are all the top-rated fantasy football betting websites in the United States. They are sure to offer bettors the chance to play their favorite fantasy game for great cash prizes and more.
What You’ll Find on this Page
- Online Fantasy Football Leagues
- NFL Fantasy Football Gambling Strategies
- Is Fantasy Football Betting Legal?
There are many different ways in which to bet money on fantasy football. Different leagues focus on different statistics, such as salary cap and snake drafts, among others. Some of the most online fantasy football betting leagues include:
- Head-to-Head – these are games that involve two people competing to see which is able to score the most points given the rules of the league.
- Tournaments – these tournaments consist of between three to several thousand players. Players draft a team for the season and are paid based on their performance. The number of players paid is dependent on the rules of the league.
- Guaranteed Prize Pools – these are tournaments that offer guaranteed prizes regardless of how many players join the league. It is important to note that even when not enough players join the league, the prize is still paid.
- 50/50 Leagues – in these tournaments, the players that finish on the top half of the table are paid and the players that finish on the bottom half of the table aren’t.
At our recommended fantasy football betting websites, a number of these tournaments are offered. Be sure to have a look at them all for the option that best suits you.
There are loads of different strategies you can use when you one of the best fantasy football gambling sites. While we won’t promise you that these tips will get you wins, we will say that they will help you make better decisions.
- Study the League Rules – make sure that you are aware of the rules of the league. Different leagues tend to score players differently. This could change the way you approach the game and which players you choose to focus on. For example, if quarterbacks score more points for completed throws, you’ll want to make sure that you pick a player who posts a consistently good completion rate.
- Study Other Members of the League – have a look at how other members of a league you join create their squads. You may be able to pick up some tips or trends from them. You may also be able to plan your squad accordingly.
- Don’t Drink and Gamble – this is a general online gambling rule. You don’t want to be intoxicated and making wagers because this just leads to bad decision making. At times, the bettor could even lose more money they he or she can afford.
- Pick Appropriate Games – remember that there are loads of different fantasy football leagues. Daily fantasy games tend to be the most popular as they require players to consider only immediate variables. Season long leagues can be just as fun. However, if you can’t maintain interest in the sport long enough, you shouldn’t join such a league.
- Download Fantasy Football Betting Apps – by doing this, updating your team, checking results and reading up on rules is at the tip of your fingers. As long as you have got your mobile device with you, you’re good.
Check out our other fantasy sports guides:
The answer to this question really is dependent on the state you live in. While most states do allow US gamblers to bet on fantasy football leagues, there are some that don’t. So, be sure to verify whether you live in one such state.
That said, the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 declared that fantasy sports are to be considered a game of skill as opposed to a gambling game. So, if you are unable to find clear laws in your state regarding fantasy sports games, there is an argument to say that it does constitute as gambling at all.