Online roulette is one of the most popular table games at casino sites in the United States. Players just love the thrill of the casino game. The spin of the wheel, waiting for the ball to stop; it all just adds to the overall gaming experience. Although there are three official variations of the game, it is a casino classic that is very easy to understand and play. Nowadays, it has become even easier to play online roulette for real money or free with US casino sites. All you really need is a mobile device and a solid internet connection and you will be good to begin gambling online anytime and anywhere.
If you would like to learn more about all the possibilities playing roulette online in the USA brings you, make sure to keep on reading down below. There we have a look at all things roulette, including how to play, the variations available and some general tips to keep in mind when playing online. We also provide a list of online casinos sites in USA with the best roulette options. So, read on and begin playing your favorite variation with no hassles today!
Top Online Roulette Casinos 2019
Looking for a good game roulette? Well, have a look at the casinos listed below! Each has a load of roulette variations available to players, including live games. So, what are you waiting for?
What You’ll Find In Our Online Roulette Guide
- How to Win at Online Roulette for Real Money
- Types of Roulette Games
- US Online Roulette Tips
- History of Roulette
- Live Roulette Online
- Free Online Roulette USA
- Real Money Roulette Online FAQs
We have found that US players are often intimidated by the idea of roulette and often judge it to be an unnaturally complex game, but roulette online real money games are actually really easy to play. If you don’t believe us, just read our brief step-by-step how to play guide here:
- All roulette casino games consist of spinning wheel on a betting table in which a ball is dropped by a dealer known specifically as a croupier. The online version removes the live croupier and automates the process with random number generator software.
- Before a round of roulette begins, players must place a bet. They do so by putting their chips on the relevant betting option on the online roulette table. Players generally accomplish this with a couple of clicks.
- Once players have placed your bet, the wheel will be spun. In land-based casinos, a croupier will spin it, but when playing online, you may have to click the spin prompt to begin the game. The ball will then be put in the wheel spinning in the opposite direction.
- Players will then need to wait for the ball to come to halt and land on one of the wheel’s numbered compartments. Once it has, players will be able to determine whether they have won or not.
- USA players are now ready to play another round if they like.
It is important to note that there are a few different variations of roulette with rules that vary slightly. Gamblers can find out more about that down below:
We also recommend that once players have signed up for a casino’s services, they keep on the lookout for some interesting online roulette bonus offers. All of the casinos we recommend flood players with great table game bonuses on a regular basis.
There are a couple of different online roulette gambling variations available to US players online. These variations include the following:
- European Roulette – it is recommended that players stick to playing European Roulette as opposed to American Roulette. The main reason being that it doesn’t feature an additional “00” compartment, which, in effect, doubles the house edge players have to contend with.
- American Roulette – this is essentially the most popular variation of roulette in the United States. Go to any casino in Vegas and you can be sure that you will find American Roulette wheels. As mentioned above, the online roulette wheel in this variation features an extra double “00” compartment which makes it harder to win games.
- French Roulette – the most traditional form of the game. This variation uses the same wheel as the European roulette, but there are two additional rules that makes the game differ slightly. The “La Partage” rule states that players will only lose half their bet if the ball lands on the wheel’s 0 compartment after an outside bet has been placed. Then, there is the “En Prison” rule, which gives players a second chance to win their bet back should the ball land on 0 after an inside bet has been placed.
- Mini-Roulette – this variation of the game is simply a smaller version of European Roulette. Instead of the wheel featuring numbers between 0 and 36, it features numbers between 0 and 12.
- Multi-Ball Roulette – as the name suggests, this variation of roulette is played with multiple balls. This gives players extra opportunities to win their bet, but it is also important to note that the number of balls select it directly affects your odds and thus potential payouts.
There are so many US players out there looking for an online roulette strategy that is going to ensure that they win every time they play the game. While there is no foolproof strategy, we’ll admit that there are a few tips players have got to keep in mind if they are going to be in any way successful at online casino roulette. These tips include the following:
- Stick to Playing European Roulette – as mentioned above, American Roulette wheels add an extra double zero compartment to the wheel. This small addition increases the house edge from 2.70% to 5.36%. So, it only makes sense to play the variation of the game with a lower house edge if you want a higher chance of winning.
- Play Free Roulette to Test New Strategies – before testing out a new strategy in a real money roulette online game, try it out in the game’s free mode to see how it works and fares. Alternatively, you could also download a free or paid online roulette simulator and test a load of different strategies over hundreds of spins and in a short space of time.
- Focus on Outside Bets – for the best odds of winning a roulette game, we recommend focusing heavily on making outside bets. These are bets made on a single color, odds, evens or the first half or second half of the number selection. Ultimately, you give yourself a 50/50 chance of winning a bet by doing this.
- Stick to Your Bankroll – before you start a gaming session, you need to set an amount of money you would like to spend. Once you have reached that limit, you need to walk away from the game. This will prevent you from spending money you can’t afford to lose.
Roulette is a game that has been around for a very long time; hundreds of years in fact, so it is pretty difficult to trace the true origins of the game. That said, the game as we know it today was created by French physicist Blaise Pascal in 1655.
Pascal had been attempting to create a perpetual motion machine, but failed in doing so. Instead though he did create a roulette wheel. The game blended odds, stats and physics to create a fun experience, and this remains the core aspects of the game to this day.
The original roulette wheel never contained a zero compartment. This changed in 1842 when Francois and Louis Blanc adapted the wheel to introduce a higher house edge, and adding more excitement to the game. The wheel would change again in 1886 after the game made its way to the United States and gambling establishments introduced the double zero compartment.
Since the mid-1800s, roulette has been a staple within casinos around the world, including the United States. It makes sense that the game remains popular at US casino sites as well.
Some US players believe that playing roulette is only worthwhile if you are playing with other real players, and thus snub the casino game online roulette RNG available at most casino sites. However, these players will be happy to know that it is possible to play online live roulette casino games at any of our recommended US casinos.
These games allow players to play a roulette game online with a real-life dealer as well as other real players. The game offers all the excitement of playing with other people, from the comfort of your own home.
The one drawback we urge players to keep in mind though is that they will need a stable internet connection with a speed of at least 5mbps to play this roulette online casino game.
Some American players aren’t looking to spend any money but would still like to experience the joy associated with playing roulette. Well, if you are one such player, we’ve got some good news for you. It is completely possible to play roulette online free of any charge at any of our recommended US casinos sites.
Playing free online roulette games allows gamblers not only to play the casino game without any cash, but also allows them practice strategies in a risk-free environment. When you are finished testing your online roulette system theories, you will know whether or not it is a viable strategy to use online. Thus, there really is no reason to not have a good go at the free modes of the best online roulette games.
In addition, with mobile technology, it is possible to access free games at any time and any place. So, the next time you find yourself with a free minute, remember you could be playing your favorite free casino games online.
Check out our other games pages:
What is the best online roulette site?
The answer to this question is constantly changing, so we won’t list any casino options here. However, we will recommend that players have a look at the casinos we have list above when looking to play roulette as they are the best casino sites available to US players at the moment.
Why play roulette online for money?
Many US players wonder why they should play casino games online. Well, the answer to that is pretty simple; firstly, games can be accessed instantly from any place you’ve got internet access. Secondly, you have access to a load of different casino games (this is particularly true with roulette as most US land-based casinos only offer the American version of the game.) Finally, casino sites offer bonuses that could potentially increase your game time.
Is online roulette legal?
As with all casinos and online gambling as a whole, this depends on the state you live in. There are no federal laws that ban online roulette games, so it is on the onus of the player to ensure that the state they live in does not have such a law either.
Is online roulette rigged?
As long as you make sure to play at a casino that is authorized and regulated by appropriate authorities, such as eCOGRA and Technical Services Testing, you are sure to be playing fair games. However, if you decide to take a chance on a casino that isn’t affiliated with and test by these organizations, there is a chance you could be playing rigged games.
What is the best bet in roulette?
We always recommend sticking with outside bets as these provide players with a 50/50 chance of winning their wager.