Online roulette casinos allow you to experience the thrill of playing the famous game of chance. In seconds, you could be spinning the wheel, waiting for the ball to stop, and then, when it is all over, finding out if you have won.
If you want to learn more about playing roulette online, keep reading. We have created the ultimate roulette guide, featuring information on how to play, the variations available, and some general gameplay tips. We also provide a list of online roulette gambling sites to get you started!
- Play Roulette Online for Real Money
- How Roulette Wheels Work
- Roulette Rules
- How to Play
- Types of Bets
- Game Variations
- Tips and Tricks
- Betting Systems
- Live Games
- Free Roulette
Top 5 Online Roulette Casinos
Struggling to pick a casino from our list? Well, here are our five favorite casinos for roulette:
1. Cherry Gold Casino
Cherry Gold Casino has got a couple of roulette games available to play, including American and European. It also has a $7,500 bonus on offer to new players. If all of that wasn’t enough, the casino has a 97.06% return to player percentage.
2. DomGame Casino
DomGame has got a big 300% match bonus and provides players with access to the Rival’s roulette titles, covering American and European roulette variations. We prefer Realtime Gaming’s titles, but the casino has a solid return to player percentage of 98.10%
3. Eclipse Casino
Spinning the reels at Eclipse Casino is so much fun. The site has a great layout that makes finding games so easy. There is also a 98.22% return to player percentage, so you are guaranteed a good chance of winning something.
4. Two-Up Casino
Two-Up casino may look like a casino only aimed at Australians, but anyone can join. The site is well-optimized for mobile and offers some pretty enticing bonuses and promotions, so there are many reasons to look at joining this casino!
5. Golden Lion Casino
Golden Lion Casino is one of our all-time favorite sites. You get a big $3,500 bonus upon joining and access to some roulette games that will have you entertained for hours on end!
Many players don’t know how online roulette games work. As with most casino games online, these games make use of random number generators (RNG). An RNG is an algorithm used to produce random results.
Although no computer can produce truly random results, an RNG tries to create an algorithm that does not behave predictably. Thus, an RNG is so close to being random that it may as well be considered such.
If you do not believe us, online roulette simulators allow you to test the software you use in virtual gaming experiences.
The rules of roulette are pretty straightforward. Here is all you need to get started:
- All roulette games consist of a spinning wheel on a table.
- The wheel usually consists of 37 or 38 numbers, depending on the variation. The numbers are 0-37 or 00-37.
- You must place your bet on the table before the round begins.
- It is important to pay attention to the table layout as placing your bet in a specific area indicates a certain bet.
- When the round begins, a ball is dropped on the spinning wheel by a dealer. In roulette, the dealer is called a croupier.
- The online roulette removes the live croupier and automates the process with an RNG.
- When the wheel comes to a stop and the ball lands in a compartment, all bets are compared to the result, and winning numbers are paid out.
Many players are intimidated by the idea of roulette, thinking it is a complex game. But roulette is very easy to play. Just read our step-by-step how to play guide, and you will be good to play your first game:
- Before a round of roulette begins, you must place a bet. You can do so by putting your chips on the relevant betting option on the roulette table.
- Once you have placed your bet, the wheel is spun. Shortly afterward, the ball will be released on the wheel, spinning in the opposite direction.
- When the wheel comes to a halt and the ball lands in one of the wheel’s numbered compartments, you will know the game’s result.
- Bets will be compared to the result. If you placed a winning bet, you would be paid out.
Here is a list of all the bets available in the game:
- Straight – a bet on one single number.
- Split – a bet on two adjacent numbers
- Street – a wager on three sequential numbers on the board.
- Trio – a bet on three numbers, including 0.
- Corner – a wager on four numbers in a specific area of the wheel.
- First Four – a bet on the first four numbers on the wheel (0, 1, 2, 3).
- Double Street – a bet on six numbers.
- Hi-Lo – a bet covering half the numbers on the wheel. Either 1 to 18 or 19 to 36.
- Red/Black – a bet on either a red or black final number.
- Odds/Evens – a bet on the ball landing in a compartment with an odd or even number.
- Dozen – a bet on 12 numbers.
- Column – a bet on 12 sequential numbers.
There are a few types of roulette, with the most popular being the following:
As the name suggests, European roulette is the variation of roulette most popular in European casinos.
We recommend you stick to playing European Roulette. The main reason is that this form of the game doesn’t feature an additional “00” compartment. In effect, this single addition doubles the game’s standard house edge.
Unsurprisingly, American roulette is the most popular variation of roulette in the United States. Go to any casino in Vegas, and you will usually only find American Roulette wheels.
As mentioned above, the wheel in this variation features an extra double “00” compartment, making it harder to win games, even when only placing even money bets.
French roulette is the most traditional form of the game. This variation uses a standard European roulette wheel. However, two additional rules make the variation unique:
- The “La Partage” rule states that you will only lose half your bet if the ball lands on the wheel’s 0 compartment after an outside bet has been placed.
- The “En Prison” rule gives you a second chance to win your bet back if the ball lands on 0 on an inside bet.
Mini-roulette is simply a smaller version of European Roulette. Instead of the wheel featuring numbers 0 to 36, it features numbers 0 to 12.
Multi-ball roulette is played with multiple balls. This gives you extra opportunities to win your bet but lowers the payout, too, unfortunately.
Check out our other roulette guides:
Many players are looking for an online roulette strategy that ensures they win every single game they play. However, there is no such thing. But, there are a few tips that may increase your odds in online casino roulette, including:
Stick to European Roulette
As mentioned above, American Roulette wheels have an extra compartment. This small addition increases the game’s house edge from 2.70% to 5.36%. So, it makes sense to play European roulette to increase your odds of winning because it features a lower house edge.
Focus on Outside Bets
For the best chances of winning at roulette, we recommend focusing on outside bets. These are bets made on a single color, odds, evens, or the first half or second half of the number selection. There is as close to a 50/50 chance of winning these bets as you will see in casino games.
Over the years, roulette has come to be associated with many betting systems. While betting systems will not ensure that you win every game, they bring a more structured gameplay approach, meaning you aren’t betting without a plan.
The overall goal of a betting system is to ensure you leave a gaming session with the cash you started with. According to our players, the following are the best systems:
- Martingale (Best for Negative Progressive Betting)
- Labouchere (Great for High Rollers)
- Fibonacci (Amazing for Traditionalists)
- D’Alembert (Outstanding for Low-Risk Gamblers)
- Reverse Martingale (Excellent for Taking Advantage of Winning Streaks)
Some players believe that playing online roulette for money is only worthwhile if you play with other players. If you believe as much, you will be happy to know that it is possible to play live roulette games online.
These games allow you to play with a real-life dealer and players from the comfort of your own home. One drawback we suggest you keep in mind is that you will need a stable internet connection with a speed of at least 5mbps to play these games.
Some players like playing free online roulette games, so they don’t risk losing money. Playing free games allows you to practice strategies without risking money. So, when you are finished testing your system, you will know whether it is viable.
Also, with mobile technology, it is possible to access free games at any time and place. So, the next time you find yourself with a free minute, remember you could be playing roulette for free online.
Check out our other games pages:
Yes, you can make money playing online roulette.
1. Irish Luck Casino
2. BoVegas Casino
3. Golden Lion Casino
4. Supernova Casino
5. Exclusive Casino
Yes and no. If you play at a casino that is authorized and regulated by industry watchdogs, such as eCOGRA and Technical Services Testing, you will most likely play fair games. However, if you decide to take a chance on a casino that isn’t tested regularly, there is a chance you will play rigged games.
Yes, roulette is all luck. Unless the game is rigged, roulette games are based on fortune. As soon as you start believing that you have some effect on the game’s outcome is exactly when you should stop playing it.
There is no way to ensure that you win a roulette game every time. Don’t believe guides that say they offer tips that will get you wins every time.
We recommend sticking with outside bets. A bet pays 1 to 1 and provides you with a 50/50 chance of winning.
There is no foolproof strategy for getting rich playing any casino game. You need to be lucky to get rich while playing roulette.
The same way you win roulette if you have a big bankroll, with luck. Many online guides recommend that you should use a betting strategy, which we won’t argue against; however, this will in no way increase your chances of winning the game.
Statistically, there have been far more reports of red coming up more often than black. This doesn’t mean that we think you should only bet on red.
No, they do not despite the rumors. The repercussions a casino faces if they get caught cheating are severe.