Online roulette casinos allow you to experience the thrill of playing the famous game of chance. In seconds, you could be going through the motions; spinning the wheel, waiting for the ball to stop and then, when it is all over, finding out whether you have won. Although there are three popular roulette variations, it is a classic casino game that is very easy to understand and play.
If you would like to learn more about all the possibilities playing roulette online offers you, keep on reading. On this page, we have a look at all things roulette, including how to play, the variations available and some general tips to keep in mind when playing online for free or real money. We also provide a list of the best online roulette gambling sites. So, read on and begin playing your favorite variation with no hassles today!
- Play Roulette Online for Real Money
- How a Roulette Wheel Works
- How We Pick the Best Online Casinos
- Game Variations
- How to Play
- Types of Bets
- Tips and Tricks
- Live Games
- Betting Systems
- Free Online Roulette
Many players don’t know how online roulette games work. As with most casino games online, these games make use of random number generators (RNG). An RNG is an algorithm used to produce seemingly random results.
Although no computer can produce truly random result, an RNG tries to create an algorithm that does not behave predictably. Thus, an RNG is so close to being random that it may as well be considered such.
If you do not believe us, there are online roulette simulators you can download that allows you to test the software you will be dealing with in a virtual gaming experience.
When reviewing roulette casinos, we focus on a few areas to ensure that we pick the best sites. These areas include the following:
- Safety – the first area we check when visiting a new roulette casino is whether it is safe to use. This means checking whether it is registered and regulated by appropriate online gaming governing bodies.
- Bonuses – the next thing we check is whether the casino offers players great bonuses. Often, casinos restrict players from using bonuses on table games. So, we try to find casinos that offer table game bonuses too.
- Free and Real Money Games – some players are only interested in playing for real money. Others are not comfortable with the risk of losing and opt to play for free. We try to find casinos that offer players the chance of playing for free or real money.
- Mobile – in this day and age, mobile roulette is more popular than the desktop version. So, we recommend casinos that offer apps or mobile compatible websites.
- Software – we only recommend casinos that offer great gaming experiences. This means ensuring that the casino is powered by a trusted software provider, such as Realtime Gaming or Betsoft.
- Payout Percentage – everybody plays gambling games with hopes of winning a cash prize. It is for this reason we try to provide players with a list of the casinos with the best roulette payout percentages.
There are a few types of roulette, with the most popular being the following:
- European Roulette – we recommend you stick to playing European Roulette. The main reason is that it doesn’t feature an additional “00” compartment, which, in effect, doubles the house edge players have to contend with.
- American Roulette – this is the most popular variation of roulette in the United States. Go to any casino in Vegas and you will find American Roulette wheels. As mentioned above, the wheel in this variation features an extra double “00” compartment, making it harder to win games.
- French Roulette – the most traditional form of the game. This variation uses the same wheel as the European roulette, but there are two additional rules that makes the variation unique.
- The “La Partage” rule states that you will only lose half your bet if the ball lands on the wheel’s 0 compartment after an outside bet has been placed.
- The “En Prison” rule gives you a second chance to win your bet back should the ball land on 0 after an inside bet has been placed.
- Mini-Roulette – this variation is simply a smaller version of European Roulette. Instead of the wheel featuring numbers 0 to 36, it features numbers 0 to 12.
- Multi-Ball Roulette – this variation of roulette is played with multiple balls. This gives you extra opportunities to win your bet, but the number of balls selected directly affects your odds and payouts.
Many players are intimidated by the idea of roulette, judging it to be a complex game. But roulette is very easy to learn how to play. If you don’t believe us, just read our step-by-step how to play guide:
- All roulette games consist of spinning wheel on a betting table in which a ball is dropped by a dealer known as a croupier. The online version removes the live croupier and automates the process with a random number generator.
- Before a round of roulette begins, you must place a bet. You can do so by putting your chips on the relevant betting option on roulette tables.
- Once you have placed your bet, the wheel is spun. In brick-and-mortar casinos, a croupier spins it. However, when playing online, you have to click the spin prompt to begin the game. The ball will then be put in the wheel spinning in the opposite direction.
- You will then need to wait for the ball to come to halt and land in one of the wheel’s numbered compartments. Once it has, you learn if you have won.
Here is a list of all the best available in the game:
- Straight – selecting one number.
- Split – a bet on two adjacent numbers
- Street – a wager on three sequential numbers on the board.
- Trio – a bet on three numbers, including 0.
- Corner – a wager on four numbers in a specific area pf the wheel.
- First Four – a bet on the first four numbers on the wheel (0, 1, 2, 3).
- Double Street – a bet on six numbers.
- Hi-Lo – a bet covering half the numbers on the wheel. Either 1 to 18 or 19 to 36.
- Red/Black – a bet on the ball landing in a red or black compartment.
- Odds/Evens – a bet on the ball landing in a compartment with an odd or even number.
- Dozen – a bet on 12 numbers.
- Column – a bet on 12 sequential numbers.
Check out our other roulette guides:
Many players are looking for an online roulette strategy that ensures they win every single game they play. However, there is no such thing as a foolproof strategy.
We will admit that there are a few tips that may increase your odd in online casino roulette. These include the following:
- Stick to European Roulette – as mentioned above, American Roulette wheels have an extra double zero compartment. This small addition increases the game’s house edge from 2.70% to 5.36%. So, it makes sense to play the variation of the game featuring a lower house edge to increase your odds of winning.
- Play Free Roulette – before testing out a new strategy in a real money game, try it out in a free game to find out how it works. Alternatively, you could also download a simulator and test a load of strategies over hundreds of spins in a short space of time.
- Focus on Outside Bets – for the best odds of winning a roulette game, we recommend focusing on making outside bets. These are bets made on a single color, odds, evens or the first half or second half of the number selection. You give yourself a 50/50 chance of winning with these bets.
Some players believe that playing online roulette wheel for money is only worthwhile if you are playing with other players. If you are one such player, you will be happy to know that it is possible to play live roulette games at casino sites.
These games allow you to play with a real-life dealer as well as other real players from the comfort of your own home. One drawback we suggest you keep in mind is that you will need a stable internet connection with a speed of at least 5mbps to play these games.
Over the years, roulette has come to be associated with many betting systems. While betting systems will not ensure that you win every game, they bring a more structured approach to gameplay, meaning that you aren’t betting without a plan.
The overall goal with betting systems is to ensure that you always land up in a situation where you leave a gaming session with at least the cash you started with. According to our players, the following are the best systems:
- Martingale (Best for Negative Progressive Betting)
- Labouchere (Great for High Rollers)
- Fibonacci (Amazing for Traditionalists)
- D’Alembert (Outstanding for Low-Risk Gamblers)
- Reverse Martingale (Excellent for Taking Advantage of Winning Streaks)
Some players like playing free online roulette games so they don’t risk losing money. Playing free games allows you to practice strategies in a risk-free environment. So, when you are finished testing your system you are interested in using, you will know whether it is viable.
In addition, with mobile technology, it is possible to access free games at any time and place. So, the next time you find yourself with a free minute, remember you could be playing roulette for free online.
Check out our other games pages:
Can you make money playing roulette online?
Yes, you can make money playing online roulette.
What is the best online roulette site?
Here is a list of the best online roulette sites:
- Irish Luck Casino
- BoVegas Casino
- Golden Lion Casino
- Supernova Casino
- Exclusive Casino
Are online roulette games rigged?
Yes and no. If you play at a casino that is authorized and regulated by industry watchdogs, such as eCOGRA and Technical Services Testing, you will most likely play fair games. However, if you decide to take a chance on a casino that isn’t tested regularly, there is a chance you will play rigged games.
Is roulette all luck?
Yes, roulette is all luck. Unless the game is rigged, roulette games are based on fortune. As soon as you start believing that you have some effect on the outcome of the game is exactly when you should stop playing it.
How do you win online roulette every time?
There is no way to ensure that you win a roulette game each and every time. Don’t believe guides that say they offer tips that will get you wins every time.
What is the best bet in roulette?
We recommend sticking with outside bets. A bet pays 1 to 1 and provides you with a 50/50 chance of winning.
How do you get rich in roulette?
There is no fullproof strategy for getting rich playing any casino game. You need to be lucky to get rich while playing roulette.
How do you win at roulette with little money?
The same way you win roulette if you have a big bankroll, with luck. There are many online guides that recommend that you should use a betting strategy, which we won’t argue against; however, this will in no way increase your chances of winning the game.
What color comes up more in roulette?
Statistically, there have been far more reports of red coming up more often than black. This doesn’t mean that we think you should only bet on red.
Do roulette dealers cheat?
No, they do not despite the rumours. The repercussions a casino faces if they get caught cheating are severe.