Fantasy golf betting has been around for almost as long as fantasy football. The first fantasy golf event focused on a singular event. However, today there are several different leagues available for avid fans to take part in with several sets of rules. Due to the competitive nature of the game, many fans search to find the best fantasy golf picks for a tournament or a season. It is only through creating the best squad of players that a US fantasy bettor is able to outclass their opponent.
If you are looking to learn more about how to play fantasy golf for money, you sure have come to the right place! In our fantasy golf betting guide, we go through all the need to know aspects of these wonderful fantasy leagues that add so much extra excitement to the world’s most popular golfing tournaments. Some of the areas we look at include how to play, the types of leagues and then also tips on how to choose the best fantasy golfers for your squad. We also provide a list of the best US online gambling sites with fantasy options.
Best Fantasy Golf Sites 2020
Looking for a good fantasy golf PGA Tour league? Maybe, you’d like a good go at fantasy golf Masters games. Well, whatever you’re looking to do, the sportsbooks listed below can help you out. Try out your fantasy golf predictions by joining one of the leagues available at the sportsbooks listed below, and find out whether you know the game as well as you think you do!
What You’ll Find In Our Fantasy Golf Guide
- What is Fantasy Golf?
- Fantasy Golf Leagues
- Types of Fantasy Golf Contests
- Top Fantasy Golf Advice for New Players
Fantasy golf works very similarly to other fantasy sports. Players are made to pick a couple of professional golfers from a line-up that will feature in an upcoming tournament. Each pro is given a specific price and players must create a team without surpassing the salary cap. (Fantasy golf rankings are based on players’ real-life performances.) The number of golfers that can be included depends on the sports betting the player is using. Most fantasy golf websites require that players choose between five and seven golfers.
As with all fantasy sports, players earn points based on how the real-life player performs in the tournament. Typically, players will be awarded points when players score birdies, eagles, etc. during the event. However, points will be deducted for bogeys and such. A lot of sports fans love the fantasy golf betting format as it is so easy to follow.
Check out our other popular fantasy sports guides:
With regards to golf fantasy sports betting, there are multiple different leagues available simply based on international PGA and LPGA tours. We go into further detail on these matters down below:
- PGA Fantasy Golf League – these leagues focus on men’s professional golfing tournaments, including the US Open and British Open, among others. There are loads of golf fantasy league contests the have different rules that make the game even more exciting. This includes rules that focus on career grand slams as well as single tournament games, just to mention.
- LPGA Fantasy Golf League – the viewership numbers of LPGA Tour events are steadily increasing each year. Thus, it makes sense that many fantasy sports betting sites would offer keen fans the chance to compete in fantasy golf leagues based on these events. Avid fantasy golf players are now able to join even more leagues based on this wonderful sport.
We constantly post fantasy golf weekly picks on our site. If you are thinking of participating in any such league involving either the PGA or LPGA events, make sure to check them out.
There are a couple of different fantasy golf contests available to avid US fantasy league bettors. Those familiar with playing general fantasy sports will be familiar with the options. However, for those who aren’t, we have listed the most popular betting options down below:
- Head-to-Heads – these are games in which one player challenges another to a game. The player with the most points at the end of the bout is declared the winner.
- Guaranteed Prize Pools (GPPs) – these are big leagues with big fixed cash prizes. Generally, what happens is that players pay a fixed fee to join the league and then play against a load of others for a chance to win a big guaranteed prize.
- 50/50 – in these games, the players that finish in the first half of the table win cash prizes, whereas the second half wins nothing.
- Cash Games – these are some of the most popular contests. Players create their own contests with custom prizes. Please do take in consideration that prizes aren’t often fixed.
It is important to note that these leagues can be offered in both the daily or seasonal format. Players will need to adjust their approach to building a team when joining a specific league to its format. In specific, their fantasy golf statistical analysis must be altered to focus on the correct areas.
We have a few general strategies players can employ while participating in a fantasy golf league. Before we get into it, we must state that it is important to remember that each league has its own set of rules, so these are just some general tips to keep in mind. If you unsure about joining a new league for real money, we advise trying a free fantasy golf app or league first.
- We’ve mentioned it before on other fantasy sport pages, but players must think about whether they will be able to sustain interest in the hobby before picking leagues they’d like to join. If you know that you don’t really watch all golfing events, it doesn’t make sense to join a season long league. In such cases, rather try to join a game that focuses on a singular tournament. We recommend looking at daily fantasy golf sites for leagues around the US Open, Masters or Open Championship.
- If you know that you are in it for the long haul, you may want to have a look at a particular site’s Grand Slam leagues. If you’re an avid golf fan, you’ll know that winning a Grand Slam is pretty much the aim of every professional golfer. Players are able to win cash prizes after each Grand Slam tournament and may win an even bigger prize at the end of the season if one of their selected players are successful in winning the Grand Slam.
- Players who enjoy joining season leagues should keep up with the performances of players in each tournament. This is because many of the most popular leagues allow players the opportunity to select new players at the beginning of each new major professional tournament, meaning a good chance to capitalize on a specific player’s good form.