Every person who loves casino games dreams of becoming a high roller who is treated as a VIP player and welcomed with open arms and a red carpet at tables in Las Vegas land-based casinos. Unfortunately, attaining high roller status is within the grasp of very few at these casinos.
The good news is that online casino high roller requirements are much lower than that of a physical casino. However, you are still required to place big bets regularly to reap the rewards. Some sites have huge bonuses that come with being awarded VIP status on a loyalty program, including vacations to exotic destinations and expensive sports cars manufactured in Italy.
If you would like to learn more about high roller casinos and how exactly you can get your name on the VIP list, then stick around. In our dedicated guide below, we look at how you can become a high roller and the advantages associated with being one.
We also list the best high roller online gambling sites available so that you can get started with your high stake journey as soon as you like.
High Roller Links
- Top Online Casino High Roller Sites
- What is a High Roller?
- How to Become a High Roller
- Advantages of Being a High Roller
- Top High Roller Real Money Casino Games
- High Roller Casinos Online – FAQs
A high roller (also known as a casino whale) is a player that spends large sums of money at their selected online casino site. Generally, most people have misconceptions about how casinos classify high roller players. Large amounts of money are relative.
In land based casinos, a bet may only be considered a high stakes wager if it passes hundreds of thousands. (After all, most people have heard a load of Las Vegas high roller stories). However, at casino sites, a high stakes bet may be a few hundred dollars.
The reason is associated with the speed at which online games are played. You may not have noticed, but you can play four online blackjack hands in the time it takes to play a single hand at a brick-and-mortar casino. This means that instead of betting $100 on a single hand, you can make four $25 bets and still have spent the same amount of cash.
Also, casinos look at your average bet size, the average length of your game sessions, and the games you play. Basically, if you meet the necessary criteria, you will be admitted as a high roller at a casino site. At brick-and-mortar casinos, you will probably have to wait for the approval of a pit boss.
While every casino has its own high roller criterion, the requirements for these loyalty programs are usually similar. If you make enough deposits and bets of a substantial amount within a specific time frame, you will be invited to the casino’s high roller program.
Exactly just how much a player needs to spend to reach this status is entirely dependent on the casino in question. Some casinos may require players to pay as little as $1,000 to become part of the program, whereas others really need you to bet big. Some casinos make use of a point system, where money spent is converted into points, which then determines your status. But this not true of all sites.
There are many advantages associated with becoming a high roller. Some of the most attractive benefits include the following:
- High Roller Casino Bonus Codes – when a casino designates you as a high roller, you get access to bigger casino bonuses. Extra cash means even more opportunities to win real money prizes.
- Larger Cashback Rates – it doesn’t matter what sort of player you are; everybody likes the idea of getting some of their money back after going bust. This perk gives players who spend more money at the casino earn more of their money back.
- Higher Limits for Deposits and Withdrawals – if you gamble regularly, you won’t want to stick to the minimum deposit and withdrawal limits set by casinos. Often, these are too low for high rollers, which is why a perk of being in the high roller program is increased banking limits.
- Designated High Roller Casino Host – many casino sites give high rollers access to their own private casino accounts manager. They also get their own designated support line which allows them to skip the queue and get their query dealt with immediately.
- Higher Bet Limits – if you’re a high roller, you may want to bet more than the max set for a game. One of the perks at the best high roller online casinos is increased bet size.
High roller casino games only differ in one way to those available to average players, and that is in betting limits. You can still expect to play slots and classic table games, such as blackjack online, baccarat, and roulette, among others.
With regards to the betting limit difference, high rollers can expect massive increases. For example, high roller slots may increase their max bet from $1-$100 per spin to anything between $20-$5,000 per spin.
With regards to table games, high casino roller players can expect to be able to bet anything between $1,000 and $20,0000 on a single hand of blackjack, baccarat, or poker.
An increased betting limit means the potential for bigger wins but also bigger losses. Bear this in mind when making big bets at casino sites. If you can’t afford to spend $5,000 on a single spin while playing Bubble Bubble 2, don’t bet max.
What is a high roller in casino?
A high roller is a person that makes significant deposits and bets at a casino.
What is considered a high roller in Vegas?
In Vegas, a high roller is a person who spends upwards of $25,000 on a single hand of blackjack. At online casinos, the high roller limit is much lower.
Do high limit slots pay better?
Yes, high limit slots do pay better. These games tend to have a slightly higher RTP percentage.
Who is the richest gambler?
Bill Benter is the world’s richest gambler. He made his fortune through blackjack and horse racing.
What are the best high roller casino sites?
The best high roller casino sites are:
- BoVegas Casino
- Golden Lion Casino
- Irish Luck Casino
- Eclipse Casino
- Cherry Gold Casino
Should I become a high roller?
Yes and no. Yes, you should become a high roller if you can afford to do it and you like gambling. However, you should not do it if you can’t afford to bet big. While the perks are nice, they aren’t worth wasting your life savings for.
How can I become eligible to become a high roller?
This is dependent on the casino. Some casinos’ minimum requirement is that players make a deposit of at least $1,000 per month. Others may require players to spend more than $10,000 in the same period.
Check out our other casino guides: