Soccer betting in USA might not be as popular as in the rest of the world, but it definitely has a large following. It wasn’t long ago that the FIFA World Cup was hosted on home soil, and as a sign of the growing popularity of the sport in the country, it’s coming back. The US, along with Mexico and Canada will host the 2026 FIFA World Cup tournament.
This is good news for soccer betting fanatics, as they will get to see the sport’s biggest stars fight it out while they bet to win real money at the best gambling sites. Until then, there are loads of other leagues to bet on including Major League Soccer (MLS), the English Premier League (EPL) and La Liga, among others.
If you’re keen to learn more about soccer betting online in the United States, be sure to keep reading. Below we have a look at all you need to know about how to bet on soccer in the United States. This includes sports betting USA lines, odds and so much more.
Best Online Soccer Betting Sites 2020
Looking for viable online soccer betting in USA? Well, look no further, the sites listed below have got you covered. Each has a load of wonderful lines to choose from and will provide you with the best odds you have ever seen.
What You’ll Find In Our Soccer Betting Guide
- How to Bet on Soccer Online in America
- US Soccer Betting Lines
- Online Soccer Betting Tips
- Best Soccer Betting USA Overview
Soccer betting is not foreign to other sports betting disciplines. It uses the same betting lines and sometimes even offers more betting options than other sporting codes. Before you bet on your favorite MLS team, you first need to know how to bet on soccer. Follow our step-by-step guide for beginners as well as experienced gamblers to refresh your knowledge.
- Step 1 – Bettors will have to sign up at a legit online sports betting site for US bettors. Any of our most trusted sites on the list will do. Pick a bookmaker that offers bettors rewards with a generous bonus when they register on the website.
- Step 2 – You need to deposit the funds into your casino account. Most of the casinos that accept US players accept USD$.
- Step 3 – US bettors need to choose the competition that they want to wager on. The list is quite extensive, featuring domestic and international competitions. This includes league and cup competitions that a team may be competing for.
- Step 4 – Once you’ve chosen the country and the competition you want to bet on, the next step is to identify the team with the best odds of winning. Soccer betting odds will always be displayed using American odds format at US sportsbooks, in which the favorites will be denoted with a positive (+) symbol while the underdogs will have a negative (-) sign.
- Step 5 – All soccer betting predictions need to be sensitive to the competition being wagered on. Knockout competitions for instance have extra time and if there is no winner after 90 minutes, it means that the result is a draw.
Check out our other soccer betting pages:
Once you understand how to bet on soccer, players need to make sure that they know how to read soccer odds. There are many popular types of soccer bets We have listed some down below:
- 1×2 Bet – players bet on a team to win or for a match to end in a draw. These bets are pretty much moneyline bets, but a soccer match has three different possible outcomes as opposed to two, and this option reflects that.
- Handicap – online bookies set odds on the number of goals that will be scored in a match. The favorites will have a negative handicap to overcome, while the advantage is handed to the team thought to be underdogs.
- Totals – this bet sees bettors attempt to predict whether the number of goals in a match will be over or under a certain threshold.
- Futures – these are bets in which gamblers attempt to predict which team will win a certain tournament long before the final match is even placed. For example, placing a bet on Liverpool to win the UEFA Champion’s League in August.
- Props – these bets attempt to predict whether or not a certain event will take place in a match. For example, gamblers can bet on Lionel Messi scoring for Barcelona in their next matchup.
Check out our other sports betting guides:
With online betting being such a fickle gambling pastime in which anything can happen, we’ve looked at the tips that can lessen the number of times bettors lose. We won’t claim to be professional soccer betting tipsters, and please note we do not guarantee that bettors will win with every wager. However, we do have a few tips that have helped gamblers be more successful when betting on soccer games.
Follow these steps below and see the difference in your decisions when you bet:
- Do not bet on soccer games online based on the team you support.
- The favorites will not have a high payout. Therefore, try wagering on handicap and totals.
- Do not bet on too many teams on a single ticket. Rather separate the tickets betting using the minimum bet.
- Set a predetermined budget that you will stick to and don’t get carried away.
- Always leave room for disappointments. Even though a team might be favorites, there is a 50/50 chance that things can go either way.
Be sure to have a look at our daily blog. Our experts often provide some weekly soccer betting predictions there for the biggest upcoming matches.
As previously mentioned, soccer is growing in the United States that has affected the popularity of betting on the sport. More than ever, gamblers bet on soccer online in the USA and win massive cash prizes. The sport has been steadily growing throughout the years and shows no signs of stopping. Head over to any of our best soccer betting apps and websites and sign up to win.