Sic bo is a dice game that is very similar to both craps and roulette, and appeals to fans of both those games too. The game, which originated in China, is not really as popular as other table games in the West but it is still capable of delivering you with a great online gambling experience Not to mention, it has got some bets with some very favorable odds, making it easier to walk away with a win.
If you are looking to find out more about playing sic bo online for real money, make sure to keep reading our guide below. We have a good look at how to play the game, the table layout and provide some tips to keep in mind while playing. So, read on and begin playing this famous online gambling game online today!
Sic Bo Links
- Play Sic Bo Online Here
- Online Casino Sic Bo: How to Play
- Sic Bo Layout
- Casino Sic Bo Strategy
- Live Sic Bo Online
- Free Online Sic Bo Game
- Sic Bo History
- Play Sic Bo Online Real Money – FAQs
If you don’t know how sic bo works, you might be happy to know that it is a very easy game to learn how to play. Just follow our short how to play guide and you’ll be in a game in no time.
- Place a bet – every game starts with a bet. We recommend that you remain very aware of how much you are betting at once because it is possible to make multiple bets at the start of a game. If you’re a new player, we recommend sticking to easy bets, such as big and small options.
- Roll the dice – once you have made your bet, you’ll roll the dice. In the online environment, this means clicking a button to generate a random result.
- Check the result – after you have rolled the dice, you will find out whether you have won. You are now ready to play again. (Yes, sic bo games are that short!)
When playing sic bo, you will be confronted with a table layout very similar to the image below. In an online game, you place your bets on the corresponding spaces and then select the “play” option.
Results in sic bo online casino games are random. That said, there are a few tips and tricks that you can use to reduce house edge, even if ever so slightly. Some of our best favorite tips include:
- Focus on big/small bets – the easiest way to win is to stick to bets with a low house edge. In sic bo, this means sticking to a casino big small strategy, which gives players a 50/50 chance of winning and pays out 1:1.
- Avoid big 6 and 8 bets – these are the hardest bets to win in sic bo and provide the house with a 9% advantage. While these wagers offer high payouts, you have a low chance of winning them.
- Avoid prop bets – sometimes, dealers will try to persuade you to make proposition bets for a bigger payout. We suggest you avoid these bets due to their unnaturally high house edge.
- Study the sic bo payout table – before you play a casino game, you should know how much each available bet pays out. This in itself will help you avoid making dumb bets.
Live sic bo games give you the chance to play the casino dice game with a real-life dealer. Although this option isn’t as common as other live games, some casinos do offer the variant.
The game works with a dealer in a real casino, standing at a sic bo table being livestreamed to players. Players interact with the dealer through live chat prompts on their screen. It all makes for a seamless gaming experience as long as you have a stable internet connection that is at least 5mps.
One of the benefits of playing the live variant is that you get to experience the social aspects of playing sic bo from the comfort of your own home. In addition to this, you may even get the opportunity to become friends with players you regularly play online with.
Online sic bo free games are pretty popular. There are multiple reasons for this. Firstly, there are lots of players who have never tried the game in a brick-and-mortar casino before. Many of these players would appreciate trying the game in free mode before risking real money.
Secondly, the free version allows you to test new strategies in-game without needing to risk any cash to find out. In addition to this, you also get to learn how rules change based on gameplay.
Finally, if you bust your bankroll, you can continue playing the game. That said, remember that you will not win real money in free mode.
Sic bo (which directly translates to the term “dice pair”) originated in Ancient China. Players originally played the game with a couple of bricks instead of dice. Over time, the game evolved and the bricks were replaced with three dice.
The game spread around the world with Chinese manual laborers who took the game with them when going to work on new jobs around the world. It made its way to the United States sometime during the 19th century, but only really became popular in the country in the 1940s.
The game eventually made its way to US casinos, where it was frequently referred to as “Birdcage”. Today, sic bo (or Birdcage) remains a popular casino game in casinos around the world.
Check out our other games pages:
Sic bo is a popular dice gambling game that shows some similarities to both craps and roulette. The game is played with three dice instead of two and players bet on the score of the dice.
The term “sic bo” directly translates to “dice pair”.
Here is the natural progression of a sic bo game:
1. Place a bet on the score of the dice
2. Roll the dice
3. Wait for the result
Lucky Red Casino
Golden Lion Casino
No, it’s not – well, at least if you play at a licensed and regulated casino it isn’t. If you sign up at a casino that isn’t registered with the appropriate authorities, you stand a chance of playing a rigged game.
There is no sure way to win a game of sic bo. However, you have better odds when you place big or small bets. Payouts are lower too though.
We believe that the best strategy is to stick to bets with a low house edge. In sic bo, this means sticking to making big and small bets as they give players a 50/50 chance of winning a bet.
Yes, you can. Most casino sites allow you play games for free too.