Poker is a game that meshes strategy with chance to create an experience that is both exciting and rewarding. It is estimated that around 12% of gamblers in the United States play poker on a regular basis. In the past, recreational players could only access the game in card rooms, casinos, and at kitchen room tables. But now you can play online poker real money at casino sites in a number of variations.
If you would like to find out more about playing poker online, you have come to the right place. We have created the game guide here, which covers all you need to know about playing this classic casino game. Some topics we cover include how to play the game, the most popular variations, and poker strategies, among other helpful areas. We also list the best online gambling sites so that you can start playing as soon as you are ready.
Interested in playing online poker? Well, here is a list of highly-rated online poker sites with astonishing payout rates.
- Play Poker for Real Money Here
- Why Play Online?
- How We Choose the Best Casinos
- How to Play
- Tips and Tricks
- Mobile App
- Play Live
- Free Games
- Is Playing Online Legal in the US?
Although poker is mostly based on luck, there is an element of strategy attached to the game. Through keeping a cool head and working on your bluffing skills, you can pull off the impossible take advantage of the opportunity to win real money in online poker tournaments that are hosted on a regular basis.
Casino sites provide also provide players with a number of variations that aren’t always readily available at your nearest brick-and-mortar casino. You can play games such as Texas Hold em Omaha, Five Card Draw, Caribbean Stud, Three Card and so much more, all from the comfort of their own home. With so many advantages, why wouldn’t you be interested in playing online?
Nobody wants to get duped when signing up at casinos that offer real money gambling, which is why we put every casino we come across through a strict review process. In this way, we ensure that the site is safe to join. Here are some of the key areas we focus on in our reviews:
- Safety – we determine whether a site with poker software is safe to use. This means checking that it is regulated by governing authorities. This is to ensure that the casino does not rig games.
- Bonuses – every casino offers you a bonus for signing up nowadays. However, only some are really worth taking. We review bonuses to see whether they are worthwhile.
- Payout Speed – nobody wants to wait forever to get their winnings. While no casino will ever pay you out instantly, if you have to wait several months for your money, it’s not worth signing up at the site.
- Games – not everybody is keen on playing on the old Five Card Draw or the tournament favorite Texas Hold’em. Casinos need to offer a variety of poker tables with high stakes and lower betting options.
- Mobile Poker – sites need to be compatible with mobile or offer an app as more than 38% of all casino gaming is done on mobile.
Playing a real poker online game is very easy. If the only thing stopping you from enjoying this game is that you don’t know how the game works, then read on. We have created a short how to play guide which focuses on the basics.
- Choose Your Variation – pick the game you would like to play. There are two types of games: ring games and tournaments with prize pools. You can join ring games whenever they like, but online poker tournaments are available only for a limited time.
- Place a Bet – each variation of poker starts with you placing an ante (a bet) before the game starts.
- Get Your Cards – depending on the variation being played, you will be dealt between two to five cards. Your next move is based on the score of your hand. You can either bet or raise, call, or fold.
- Showdown – how the showdown works depends on the variation of the game. The gist of is that cards begin to be revealed and you get another opportunity to bet or fold.
- Reveal Your Hand – everyone reveals their hands and totals are calculated to determine who wins the pot.
There are loads of poker variations available. Here are some of the most popular:
- Texas Holdem – this community card game is popular in tournaments. It is easy to learn and but can be quite volatile, so it is not for everyone.
- Three Card Poker – also known as 3 Card Poker, is played with only three cards meaning that hand combinations are adapted to fit gameplay. Although it is loved for its fast-paced nature, games do not offer a great payout table.
- Seven-Card Stud – although this variation is not as popular as it once was, there are still loads of players who enjoy it. There game features no community cards and all betting limits are fixed, meaning less volatility.
- Omaha Holdem – this form of poker is more popular with European players due to its fast nature and high betting limits. Players get four cards and while the rest are community cards.
- Five Card Draw – this is considered to be the most traditional variation of the game. Players get five cards and try to make the best hand. The game is heavily reliant on bluffing.
There are also multiple sub-variations, such as pot limit games, where winnings have a fixed limit, and limitless games where winnings aren’t capped.
Many players are interested in how they can become pros. While we can’t say that our tips will help you win every single game you play, they have proven to improve your odds. Here are some of our best poker tips:
- Fold if you are unsure – if you are unsure about the quality of a hand, rather fold than take a risk on it. You don’t want to go into a showdown with a massive stake with a pair of twos.Especially if there is a chance that one of your opponents could have a straight flush or better.
- Take the game seriously – gambling is serious business. If you want to make money with the game, you need to understand what poker hands are, how they work and refine your strategy to be as effective as possible.
- Be realistic – you will not win every game of poker you play with real money or prizes. Be prepared to face some losses as it is a part of gambling.
One of the best ways to play online poker is on your mobile phone. Most sites are compatible with mobile devices. All you need to play on mobile is a stable internet connection.
If you have that, you are good to play from wherever you are and at any time of day. So, it doesn’t matter if players are waiting in line, sitting in a train or standing in a park, players can bet anytime, so long as they’ve got network connection.
Free online poker games with fake money is a standard at casino sites. There are loads of reasons to have a go at free online poker instead of cash games other than recreational purposes only, including the following:
- Free games allow you to practice new variations at no risk.
- You get the chance to practice strategies and see whether they work at no risk.
- You get to keep playing even when your bankroll is bust.
There are many players who would like to try poker online, but are held back by the whole question of whether or not it is legal. Well, the answer to the legal question is really dependent on the gambling regulations employed in the state you live in.
It is legal to play online in some states, whereas in others, it is not. So, you need to check with your state legislator before playing online. The states that have legalized online poker real money USA are:
- New Jersey
Check out our other games pages:
Can you play real money poker online?
Yes, you can. It is one of the games most commonly available at casino sites.
Are online poker games rigged?
If you play at any of our recommended online casinos, we can assure you that the poker is not rigged. That stated, if you choose to play at a blacklisted or even seedy looking casino, we cannot guarantee that you stand a fair chance of winning.
What is the best online poker?
The best online poker sites are:
- Lucky Red
- Irish Luck
- Golden Lion
Which poker game is most profitable?
It is suggested that No Limit Texas Hold’em is the best variation to play in terms of profitability.
Is live poker easier than online?
Yes, in some senses. Online players tend to be a little more frugal, so they don’t place big bets as often. They are also likely to play more hands due to opportunities to use tracking software.
What percentage of poker is luck?
There is no definitive answer on this. Some responsible gaming experts believe that it is 100% luck and others believe that is about 38% skill and 62% luck.
How do you win at poker every time?
There is no way to win every poker round you play. There are some strategies to ensure to lessen the odds but that’s about it.
What percentage of poker players are profitable?
It is estimated that less than 10% of players are profitable. So, you shouldn’t go into games thinking that you are going to win every round.
Is online poker worth playing?
Yes and no. If you like playing poker, then yes, it is worth playing. However, if you are looking to make money, then you’ve got to come to terms with the fact that you are going to lose a lot of money.