Although baccarat is most popularly associated with high rollers, at casino sites, the game is accessible to anyone. You don’t have to wear a fancy dress or bet thousands of dollars on a single hand to play at a baccarat online casino. That’s one of the great things about online gambling sites; even players with a small bankroll get the opportunity to try out games that are gated off at brick-and-mortar casinos.
If you would like to find out more about how you can play baccarat online free or for real money, read on down below. We have created a guide which offers you all you need to know about playing the game. This includes steps on how to play baccarat, tips and tricks as well as a list of the variations available at best online casino sites. So, read on and begin play for real money now!
Looking to play baccarat online? Well, the casinos listed below can help you out with that!
Online Baccarat Links
- Baccarat Online USA: Best Casinos
- Baccarat Casino Online: Our Review Process
- HHow to Play Baccarat Online
- Baccarat Online Games: Variations
- Online Baccarat Strategy
- Baccarat Online Live Casino
- Online Baccarat Casinos: Mobile
- Play Baccarat Online Free Games
- History of Baccarat
- Baccarat Online – FAQs
We put each of the baccarat casinos we suggest through a stringent review process to determine whether it is a good site to play at. Here are some of the areas we focus on in our reviews:
- Security – nobody wants to have their personal information stolen by a casino or hackers. It is for this reason that we check to see whether the casinos we recommend are registered and accredited with industry watchdogs. The site also needs to be using SSL encryption to safeguard information to get a recommendation.
- Payouts/Banking – there is nothing worse than winning a big prize and then needing to email the casino every day to get it. This is why we look at the banking options and payout speeds of the casinos we review.
- Games – not everybody is keen on playing Punto Banco, which is why we try to find casinos with a good variety of games.
- Bonuses – promotional offers can extend your playtime, which is why we look for sites with good bonus terms. More money means more opportunities to win.
- Mobile – we know that most players like to play baccarat on their mobile devices. If a casino does not have a mobile option, we do not recommend it.
If you are new to baccarat, here is a step-by-step guide teaching you how to play:
- Place your bet – you bet on whether or not your hand will win a game. This means you can bet on your hand, the banker’s hand or on a draw. Bear in mind; the player is always dealt first.
- Hands are dealt – you are dealt two cards and the banker is dealt two cards. You can draw another card if your total is below five. If it is higher than five, you have to stand. Keep in mind that:
- Face cards have a value of 0,
- an Ace has a value of one,
- and numbered cards keep their value.
- Second draw – whether or not there is a second draw is dependent on the value of the your hand.
- Check if you’ve won – check your hand. The player with the closest hand value to 9 wins the game. If you bet on the banker, you will be liable to pay 5% commission to the casino.
Statistics suggest that less than 1% of casino visitors have played baccarat at brick-and-mortar casinos. So, chances are you may be a little unfamiliar with the game’s variations.
Here are the three most popular versions at casinos sites:
- Punto Banco – the most popular form of online baccarat gambling in the United States. The game follows a set of rules that allows for no optional plays. You can bet on yourself, the bank, or a tie.
- Chemin de Fer – this variation is most widely played in France. You compete against other players instead of the banker. Each player gets a chance to be the croupier. Bets are made until the banker’s stake is matched. The banker is allowed to refuse any extra bets that go over their stake.
- Baccarat Banque – in this version, the role of banker is auctioned off at the start of each round. During play, players are dealt two hands and the banker one hand. Players then choose to bet on a specific side of the table or both player hands. You cannot bet on the dealer’s hands. If players bet on the bank and win, they take the role of banker.
- Mini-Baccarat – a version of Punto Banco but with lower stakes and a smaller table. In this version, players do not get to pick up the cards.
Looking to improve your odds in your next baccarat game? Well, here are some playing tips that may increase your odds:
- Bet on the banker more often – this is especially true if you are playing a live baccarat game online for money. Casinos implement a house edge in every game and thus the banker is more likely to win games. Statistics have shown that the banker wins on average more than 50% of games played.
- Keep going with banker until a loss – if a bet on the banker wins, we recommend that you keep on betting on the banker until you lose. Often times, bankers go on random winning streaks. However, do not place ridiculous bets on the next hand on the basis of this idea as it could end very badly.
- Be wary of mini-baccarat games – mini-baccarat can deplete your bankroll quickly if you are not careful. Games are quicker, meaning more betting opportunities in a short space of time.
Some US players aren’t a fan of the RNG aspect of online baccarat games. They feel the experience is somewhat lesser than that featuring real-life players, or sometimes they don’t trust the software to be fair.
Well, it is entirely possible to play online baccarat live dealer games at US casino sites. These games see players interact with a real-life dealer and other real players as they have a go at live baccarat casino games. The best online live dealer baccarat games feature all the interactive qualities seen in brick-and-mortar casinos and even allows players to make friends with other frequent players.
If you really consider yourself a gambling enthusiast, you really need to try out an live baccarat real money game to see what you are missing out on.
Mobile baccarat games are far more popular than desktop games. This is because mobile games allow you to play on the move.
There are two ways to play baccarat on mobile:
- Apps – this is the method most commonly used on iOS devices such as iPads and iPhones. You get access to baccarat games by downloading an app on your device.
- Web-Browser – this is the most popular method for accessing baccarat on Android. You can access a casino through the casino’s site on your mobile web browser.
You can play baccarat online for fun if you aren’t interest in spending any money.
Generally, we recommend that you start your online journey by playing free online baccarat games for two reasons:
- You get to learn how online baccarat games work in a fun and safe environment where you are not at risk of losing your money due to user inexperience.
- You can test out new strategies and find out what works, what doesn’t and how long it will take for a strategy to yield results.
It is unknown where the true origins of baccarat lie. Historians have suggested two possible theories explaining where the game may have originated. The first theory suggests that the game was formed during the late 15th century in Italy and was played using tarot cards. It further goes on to state that the term “baccarat” was derived from an Italian slang word for the number zero and that it was introduced to the French sometime during the 16th century.
The second theory is that baccarat as we know it today originated in France. It is alleged that the French took the popular Italian game and adapted it into the game we now know as baccarat. In addition, they also gave it a new name – Chemin de Fer. The game grew to become extremely popular with the French aristocracy, which is probably part of the reason it is so highly associated with high rollers today.
During sometime in the 18th century, the game was brought over to the United States through Cuba. The game was referred to as Punto Banco in the nation, and featured a few deviations to the French version of the game. This is still the most popular form of baccarat found in brick-and-mortar casinos throughout the country and now it is possible to play the game online.
Check out our other games pages:
How do you play baccarat online?
Playing baccarat online is easy. Just sign up to one of our recommended baccarat casinos listed above, make a deposit and the you will be good to begin playing.
Can you win money playing baccarat?
Yes, you can win money playing baccarat. You will need to make a deposit at the casino before you are able to do so though.
Can you count cards in baccarat?
While it is possible to count cards in a game of baccarat, we wouldn’t recommend trying to do so online. Virtual baccarat games make use of a random number generator, so it is pretty impossible to count cards effectively.
Is baccarat rigged?
No, online baccarat is not rigged. Some players think that because they do not win every single round of baccarat they play, the game must be rigged. Well, as long as you play at safe casinos, you have a fair chance of winning. Always remember that you are never guaranteed a win.
Does casino cheat in Baccarat?
As far as brick-and-mortar casino scandals go, if a casino is going to cheat a player, it will probably in either baccarat or blackjack. That said though, cheating in casinos isn’t common.
Is baccarat all luck?
Yes, baccarat is mainly based on luck. Unlike games like poker, there isn’t a strategy you can use to ensure that you increase your number of wins.
Should I always bet on the banker in baccarat?
No, you shouldn’t but always bet on the banker. However, do keep in mind the fact that the banker is statistically more likely to win due to house edge.
Is playing baccarat online safe?
Yes, it is. As long as you ensure that you only ever make use of sites that are registered and regulated by the appropriate online gambling authorities, such as eCOGRA.
What are the best baccarat casino sites?
If you want to play baccarat online, we recommend that you get started at the following sites:
- Irish Luck
- Golden Lion
- Lucky Red
Can I play live dealer baccarat online casino games?
Yes, you can! There are many great baccarat online live casino sites available. We have listed a few at the top of this page for your convenience. Playing with a live dealer lets you live the brick-and-mortar casino experience from the comfort of their own home.
What is a natural in online baccarat?
In baccarat, a natural is a two-card hand that totals to a score of either 8 or 9. Players can even bet on whether a particular hand will be a natural (although we don’t recommend doing that).
How do you win every time in baccarat?
There is no way to ensure that you win every single baccarat game you play. However, there are a few strategies players can use to increase their odds. One of our favorites is the one-sided strategy, where players pick the banker or player and continuously bet on their hand.