Although online baccarat is a card game popularly associated with high rollers, it is accessible to anyone at online casinos. You don’t have to wear a fancy dress from a James Bond film or bet thousands of dollars on a single hand to play at a baccarat online casino.
Want to find out more about playing baccarat online?
We have created a guide featuring steps on how to play, tips, and a short description of the most common variations. So, read on and play this table game for real money now!
Online Baccarat Links
- Play Baccarat Online Here
- Why Play Baccarat Online for Real Money?
- How to Play Baccarat
- Online Baccarat – Hand Values Explained
- Types of Baccarat Online Games
- Online Baccarat Strategy
- Live Dealer Baccarat Games
- Baccarat Online – FAQs
There are several reasons you should play baccarat online, including:
- You can play the game any time you like – you don’t have to visit a casino.
- Baccarat online is more accessible to players with small bankrolls. At brick-and-mortar casinos, it is a game usually reserved for high rollers.
- The experience is no different from that in regular casinos.
- Online casino games give you a fair chance of winning. They use random number generators to ensure every outcome is random.
- As long as you play at a baccarat online casino that uses SSL encryption, all the information you share is guaranteed to be secure.
Top 10 Baccarat Casinos
Here is a list of the top 10 baccarat online casinos:
- High Country Casino
- Slots of Vegas
- Café Casino
- Irish Luck Casino
- Prism Casino
- Lucky Tiger Casino
- Old Havana Casino
- Lucky Hippo Casino
- Lucky Red Casino
If you are new to playing baccarat online, here is a step-by-step guide detailing how the game works:
- Place your bet – when playing baccarat online, you bet on whether you think your hand will win a game. This means you can bet on your hand, the banker’s hand, or a draw.
- Cards are dealt – the player and the banker are dealt two cards. Keep in mind that:
- Face cards have a value of 0,
- an Ace has a value of one,
- and numbered cards keep their value.
- Second draw – a second draw for a third card is dependent on the value of your hand. You draw another card if your total is below five. If it is higher than five, you have to stand. Some unique baccarat online games may change these rules, so watch out for that.
- Check if you’ve won – check your hand. The player with the closest hand value to 9 wins the game. If you bet on the banker, you are liable to pay a 5% commission to the casino.
Baccarat hands work differently for the banker (dealer) versus the player. Here is a quick rundown of the differences you will need to know when playing baccarat online:
- If your hand value is between 6 and 8, you must stand.
- You draw a third card if your hand value is 5 or less.
- You win the game if your hand value is 8 or 9.
- If you have the same hand value as the banker, the game ends in a tie.
- If the banker has a hand value above 7, he must stand.
- If the banker has a hand value of 3 or below, he must stand unless you have a hand value of 8.
- The banker may also need to hit if he has a hand value between 4 and 6 in the following situations:
- The banker has a hand value of 4, and you have a value between 2 and 7.
- The banker has a hand value of 5, and you have a value between 4 and 7.
- The banker has a hand value of 6, and you have a value between 6 and 7.
Statistics suggest that less than 1% of casino visitors have played baccarat at land-based casinos. So, chances are you are unfamiliar with the game and its variations.
Here are the three most popular baccarat online variants:
Punto Banco is the most popular form of baccarat online in the United States. It follows a set of rules that allows for no optional plays. You can bet on yourself, the bank, or a tie.
Chemin de Fer
Chemin de Fer is the variation most widely played in France. You compete against other players instead of the banker, and each player gets a chance to be the croupier.
Bets are made until the banker’s stake is matched. The banker is allowed to refuse any extra bets that go over their stake. You may have trouble finding an online casino that offers this variation when playing baccarat online.
In Baccarat Banque, the role of the banker is auctioned off at the start of each round. During play, players are dealt two hands and the banker one hand. You must then bet. You can choose to wager on a specific side of the table or both player hands.
However, you cannot bet on the dealer’s hands. If you bet on the banker and win, you take the role of the banker. This is another variation that is difficult to find when you play baccarat online.
Mini-Baccarat is a version of Punto Banco but with lower stakes and a smaller table. In this game, players do not get to pick up the cards.
Looking to improve your odds in your next baccarat online game? Well, here are some tips that may help you lower the house edge:
Focus on banker bets
Focus on banker bets. This is especially true if you are playing a live dealer game. Casinos implement a house edge in every game, and thus the banker is more likely to win games. Statistics have shown that the banker wins more than 50% of games played.
Keep going with the banker until a loss
If a bet on the banker wins, we recommend you keep betting on the banker until you lose. Often, bankers go on random winning streaks. However, do not place ridiculous bets proceeding hands based on this idea. It could end very badly!
Avoid side bets
Although you may win a lot of cash from side bets due to the odds involved, placing too many of these bets is a good way to go bust quickly. Remember, you are unlikely to win any high-risk bet, high reward.
Baccarat online games are also played a lot quicker than live games. So, don’t underestimate us when we say you can lose it all fast!
Some players aren’t fans of the RNG aspect of online casino games. They feel the experience is somewhat lesser than those featuring real-life players or don’t trust the software.
If you are one such player, know that it is possible to play at baccarat tables with a live dealer at gambling sites. The best online live dealer baccarat games feature all the interactive qualities seen in brick-and-mortar casinos.
Check out our other games pages:
It is easy to play baccarat online. Just sign up to one of our recommended casinos listed above, deposit, and you will be good to start playing.
Yes, you can win money playing baccarat online. You will need to join an online casino before you can win, though.
While it is possible to count cards in baccarat, we wouldn’t recommend trying online. Virtual baccarat games use random number generators. So, it is impossible to count cards effectively.
No, online baccarat games are not rigged. Some players think that because they do not win every single game, the game must be rigged.
Well, as long as you play at safe gambling sites, you have a fair chance of winning. Always remember: you are never guaranteed a win!
If a casino is going to cheat a player, it will probably be in either baccarat or blackjack. That said, cheating in casinos isn’t common. Brick-and-mortar casinos suffer from losing their gaming license if they are found cheating players.
Yes, baccarat is mainly based on luck. Unlike in games like poker, there isn’t a strategy you can use to verifiably improve your odds.
There are a few strategies that focus on placing bets with the lowest house edge possible. However, there aren’t strategies like card counting that manipulate the odds.
No, you shouldn’t always bet on the banker. However, keep in mind that the banker is statistically more likely to win due to the house’s edge.
Yes, it is as long as you ensure you only use sites registered and regulated by the appropriate online gambling authorities.
If you want to play baccarat online, we recommend you get started here:
1. High Country Casino
2. Slots of Vegas
4. Café Casino
5. Irish Luck Casino
Yes, you can! There are many great online live casinos available. We have listed a few at the top of this page for your convenience. Playing with a live dealer lets you live the brick-and-mortar casino experience at home.
In baccarat, a natural is a two-card hand that totals to a score of either 8 or 9. Players can even bet on whether a hand will be a natural.
There is no way to ensure you win every single baccarat game you play. However, there are a few strategies you can use to increase your odds. One of our favorites is the one-sided strategy, where players pick the banker or player and continuously bet on their hand.