Although baccarat is most popularly associated with high rollers, at gambling sites, the game is accessible to anyone. You don’t have to wear a fancy dress from a James Bond film or bet thousands of dollars on a single hand to play at a baccarat online casino. That’s one of the great things about online gambling sites; even players with a small bankroll get the opportunity to try out table games that are gated off at brick-and-mortar casinos.
If you would like to find out more about how you can play baccarat online free or for real money, read on down below. We have created a guide which offers you all you need to know about playing card game. This includes steps on how to play baccarat, tips and tricks as well as a list of the variations available at best online casinos. So, read on and begin play for real money now!
Looking to play baccarat online? Well, the casinos listed below can help you out with that!
Online Baccarat Links
- Best Online Casinos
- Casino Review Process
- How to Play
- Live Dealer
- Mobile Games
- Free Games
We put each of the baccarat casinos we suggest through a stringent review process to determine whether it is a good site to play at. Here are some of the areas we focus on in our reviews:
- Security – nobody wants to have their personal information stolen by a casino or hackers. It is for this reason that we check to see whether the casinos we recommend are registered and accredited with industry watchdogs. The site also needs to be using SSL encryption to safeguard information to get a recommendation.
- Payouts/Banking – there is nothing worse than winning a big prize and then needing to email the casino every day to get it. This is why we look at the banking options and payout speeds of the casinos we review.
- Games – not everybody is keen on playing Punto Banco, which is why we try to find casinos with a good variety of baccarat table.
- Bonuses – promotional offers can extend your playtime, which is why we look for sites with good bonus terms. More money means more opportunities to win.
- Mobile – we know that most players like to play casino games on their mobile devices. If a casino does not have a mobile option, we do not recommend it.
If you are new to baccarat, here is a step-by-step guide teaching you how to play:
- Place your bet – you bet on whether or not your hand will win a game. This means you can bet on your hand, the banker’s hand or on a draw. Bear in mind; the player’s cards are dealt first.
- Hands are dealt – the player and the banker are dealt two cards. You can draw another card if your total is below five. If it is higher than five, you have to stand. Keep in mind that:
- Face cards have a value of 0,
- an Ace has a value of one,
- and numbered cards keep their value.
- Second draw – whether or not there is a second draw where you draw a third card is dependent on the value of the your hand.
- Check if you’ve won – check your hand. The player with the closest hand value to 9 wins the game. If you bet on the banker, you will be liable to pay 5% commission to the casino.
Statistics suggest that less than 1% of casino visitors have played baccarat at land based casinos. So, chances are you may be a little unfamiliar with the game’s variations.
Here are the three most popular card games at casinos sites:
The most popular form of online baccarat gambling in the United States. The game follows a set of rules that allows for no optional plays. You can bet on yourself, the bank, or a tie.
Chemin de Fer
This variation is most widely played in France. You compete against other players instead of the banker. Each player gets a chance to be the croupier.
Bets are made until the banker’s stake is matched. The banker is allowed to refuse any extra bets that go over their stake.
In this version, the role of banker is auctioned off at the start of each round. During play, players are dealt two hands and the banker one hand. Players then choose to bet on a specific side of the table or both player hands.
You cannot bet on the dealer’s hands. If players bet on the bank and win, they take the role of banker.
A version of Punto Banco but with lower stakes and a smaller table. In this game, players do not get to pick up the cards.
Looking to improve your odds in your next baccarat game? Well, here are some playing tips that may get you past house edge:
- Focus on banker bets – this is especially true if you are playing a live baccarat game online for money. Casinos implement a house edge in every game and thus the banker is more likely to win games. Statistics have shown that the banker wins on average more than 50% of games played.
- Keep going with banker until a loss – if a bet on the banker wins, we recommend that you keep on betting on the banker until you lose. Often times, bankers go on random winning streaks. However, do not place ridiculous bets on the next hand on the basis of this idea as it could end very badly.
- Avoid side bets – although you may win a lot of cash from them due to the odds involved, placing top many side bets is a good way to go bust quickly.
- Be wary of mini-baccarat games – this variation can deplete your bankroll quickly if you are not careful. Games are quicker, meaning more betting opportunities in a short space of time.
Some players aren’t fans of the RNG aspect of online baccarat games. They feel the experience is somewhat lesser than those featuring real-life players, or they don’t trust the software.
If you are one such player, know that it is possible to play table games with a live dealer at casino sites. In these games, you interact with a real-life dealer and other real players. The best online live dealer baccarat games feature all the interactive qualities seen in brick-and-mortar casinos.
Mobile baccarat games are far more popular than desktop games. This is because mobile games allow you to play on the move.
There are two ways to play baccarat on mobile:
- Apps – this is the method most commonly used on iOS devices such as iPads and iPhones. You download a casino app on your device.
- Web-Browser – this is the most popular method on Android. You can access a casino through the its site on your mobile web browser.
You can play baccarat for free if you aren’t interest in spending any money.
Generally, we recommend that you start your online journey by playing free baccarat games for two reasons:
- You get to learn how online games work in a fun and safe environment where you are not at risk of losing your money due to user inexperience.
- You can test out new strategies and find out what works, what doesn’t and how long it will take for a strategy to yield results.
Check out our other games pages:
It is easy to play baccarat online. Just sign up to one of our recommended baccarat casinos listed above, make a deposit and the you will be good to begin playing.
Yes, you can win money playing baccarat. You will need to make a deposit at the casino before you are able to do so though.
While it is possible to count cards in a game of baccarat, we wouldn’t recommend trying to do so online. Virtual baccarat games make use of a random number generator, so it is pretty impossible to count cards effectively, similarly to in a video poker game.
No, online baccarat games are not rigged. Some players think that because they do not win every single game they play that it must be rigged. Well, as long as you play at safe casinos, you have a fair chance of winning. Always remember that you are never guaranteed a win.
As far as brick-and-mortar casino scandals go, if a casino is going to cheat a player, it will probably in either baccarat or blackjack. That said though, cheating in casinos isn’t common.
Yes, baccarat is mainly based on luck. Unlike games like poker, there isn’t a strategy you can use to ensure that you increase your number of wins.
No, you shouldn’t always bet on the banker. However, do keep in mind the fact that the banker is statistically more likely to win due to house edge.
Yes, it is. As long as you ensure that you only ever make use of sites that are registered and regulated by the appropriate online gambling authorities, such as eCOGRA.
If you want to play baccarat online, we recommend that you get started at the following sites:
1. Irish Luck
2. Golden Lion
3. Lucky Red
In baccarat, a natural is a two-card hand that totals to a score of either 8 or 9. Players can even bet on whether a particular hand will be a natural (although we don’t recommend doing that).
There is no way to ensure that you win every single baccarat game you play. However, there are a few strategies players can use to increase their odds. One of our favorites is the one-sided strategy, where players pick the banker or player and continuously bet on their hand.