Although online baccarat is one of the card games popularly associated with high rollers, it is accessible to anyone at gambling sites. You don’t have to wear a fancy dress from a James Bond film or bet thousands of dollars on a single hand to play at a baccarat online casino.
Want to find out more about playing baccarat online?
We have created a guide that features steps on how to play, tips and tricks, and a list of the variations available. So, read on and play table games for real money now!
Online Baccarat Links
- Play Online Here
- Why Play Online for Real Money?
- How to Play
- Hand Values Explained
- Live Dealer
- Mobile Games
- Free Games
There are several reasons you should have a look at playing baccarat online, including:
- You can play the game anywhere you have got a good network connection. So, you don’t have to visit a casino. You can get instant gratification at any time you like.
- Baccarat is more accessible online to players with small bankrolls. At brick-and-mortar casinos, it is a game that is usually reserved for high rollers.
- The experience is no different from that seen in regular casinos.
- Online casino games give you a fair chance of winning. They make use of random number generators, ensuring that every outcome is random.
- As long as you play at a site with SSL encryption, all the information you share with the casino is guaranteed to be secured.
If you are new to free baccarat games, here is a step-by-step guide detailing how to play:
- Place your bet – you bet on whether your hand will win a game. This means you can bet on your hand, the banker’s hand, or on a draw.
- Cards are dealt – the player and the banker are dealt with two cards. Keep in mind that:
- Face cards have a value of 0,
- an Ace has a value of one,
- and numbered cards keep their value.
- Second draw – a second draw for a third card is dependent on the value of your hand. You draw another card if your total is below five. If it is higher than five, you have to stand.
- Check if you’ve won – check your hand. The player with the closest hand value to 9 wins the game. If you bet on the banker, you will be liable to pay a 5% commission to the casino.
Online baccarat hands work differently for the banker (dealer) and the player. Here is a quick rundown of the differences:
- If your hand value is between 6 and 8, you must stand.
- You draw a third card if your hand value is 5 or less.
- You win the game if your hand value is 8 or 9.
- If you have the same hand value as the banker, the game ends in a tie.
- If the banker has a hand value above 7, he must stand.
- If the banker has a hand value of 3 or below, he must stand unless you have a hand value of 8.
- The banker may also need to hit if he has a hand value between 4 and 6 in the following situations:
- The banker has a hand value of 4, and you have a value between 2 and 7.
- The banker has a hand value of 5, and you have a value between 4 and 7.
- The banker has a hand value of 6, and you have a value between 6 and 7.
Statistics suggest that less than 1% of casino visitors have played baccarat at land-based casinos. So, chances are you may be unfamiliar with the game’s variations. Here are the three most popular baccarat versions available online:
Punto Banco is the most popular form of the game in the United States. It follows a set of rules that allows for no optional plays. You can bet on yourself, the bank, or a tie.
Chemin de Fer
Chemin de Fer is the variation most widely played in France. You compete against other players instead of the banker, and each player gets a chance to be the croupier.
Bets are made until the banker’s stake is matched. The banker is allowed to refuse any extra bets that go over their stake.
In Baccarat Banque, the role of the banker is auctioned off at the start of each round. During play, players are dealt two hands and the banker one hand. You then choose to bet on a specific side of the table or both player hands.
You cannot bet on the dealer’s hands. If players bet on the bank and win, they take the role of the banker.
Mini-Baccarat is a version of Punto Banco but with lower stakes and a smaller table. In this game, players do not get to pick up the cards.
Looking to improve your odds in your next baccarat game? Well, here are some tips that may help you lower the house edge:
Focus on banker bets
Focus on banker bets. This is especially true if you are playing a live game online for money. Casinos implement a house edge in every game, and thus the banker is more likely to win games. Statistics have shown that the banker wins, on average more than 50% of games played.
Keep going with banker until a loss
If a bet on the banker wins, we recommend that you keep betting on the banker until you lose. Often, bankers go on random winning streaks. However, do not place ridiculous bets on the next hand based on this idea as it could end very badly.
Avoid side bets
Although you may win a lot of cash from side bets due to the odds involved, placing top many of these bets is a good way to go bust quickly.
Be wary of mini-baccarat games
Mini-baccarat can deplete your bankroll quickly if you are not careful. Games are quicker, meaning more betting opportunities in a shorter space of time.
Some players aren’t fans of the RNG aspect of online casino games. They feel the experience is somewhat lesser than those featuring real-life players or don’t trust the software.
If you are one such player, know that it is possible to play at baccarat tables with a live dealer at gambling sites. The best online live dealer baccarat games feature all the interactive qualities seen in brick-and-mortar casinos.
Mobile baccarat games are far more popular than desktop games. This is because mobile games allow you to play on the move.
There are two ways to play baccarat on mobile:
- Apps – apps are most commonly used on iOS devices, such as iPads and iPhones. You download a casino app on your device.
- Web-Browser – this is the most popular method on Android. You can access a casino through its site on your mobile web browser.
Check out our other games pages:
It is easy to play baccarat online. Just sign up to one of our recommended casinos listed above, make a deposit, and then you will be good to begin playing.
Yes, you can win money playing baccarat. You will need to deposit at the casino before you can do so, though.
While it is possible to count cards in a baccarat game, we wouldn’t recommend trying to do so online. Virtual baccarat games make use of a random number generator, so it is pretty impossible to count cards effectively, similarly to in a video poker game.
No, online baccarat games are not rigged. Some players think that because they do not win every single game, they play that it must be rigged. Well, as long as you play at safe casinos, you have a fair chance of winning. Always remember that you are never guaranteed a win.
As far as brick-and-mortar casino scandals go, if a casino is going to cheat a player, it will probably in either baccarat or blackjack. That said, though, cheating in casinos isn’t common.
Yes, baccarat is mainly based on luck. Unlike games like poker, there isn’t a strategy you can use to ensure that you increase your number of wins.
No, you shouldn’t always bet on the banker. However, keep in mind that the banker is statistically more likely to win due to the house’s edge.
Yes, it is as long as you ensure that you only ever make use of sites that are registered and regulated by the appropriate online gambling authorities, such as eCOGRA.
If you want to play baccarat online, we recommend that you get started at the following sites:
1. Irish Luck
2. Golden Lion
3. Lucky Red
In baccarat, a natural is a two-card hand that totals to a score of either 8 or 9. Players can even bet on whether a particular hand will be a natural (although we don’t recommend doing that).
There is no way to ensure that you win every single baccarat game you play. However, there are a few strategies players can use to increase their odds. One of our favorites is the one-sided strategy, where players pick the banker or player and continuously bet on their hand.