In discussions about most popular gambling games in the world, quite surprisingly, scratch cards often get overlooked. Perhaps, it’s because many don’t see the game as a traditional form of casino gaming but the number of scratch cards sold per year far exceeds the money spent on slot machines. After all, most state lotteries vendors sell scratch offs and it is a very easy game to play. Maybe, the most appealing fact of all is that the game combines chance with simplicity to create a quick, exciting and memorable experience.
Nowadays, you don’t have to go to a lottery vendor to play scratch cards; you can do so online. Gambling sites have a load of online scratch cards available, each offering its own prize. If you would like to learn more about playing these games online, keep reading.
On this page, we have created the ultimate scratch cards game guide, where we look at how to play the game and tips and tricks to keep in mind, among many other things. We also provide you with some gambling sites with that let you scratch and win online.
- Play Scratch Cards Online
- Scratch Card Games Online: How Do They Work?
- Instant Scratch Cards Online: Tips and Tricks
- Play Scratch Cards Online Free
- Best Online Scratch Card Apps
- Scratch Cards History
- Scratchies – FAQs
Online scratchcards work in pretty much the same way as the real deal. However, instead of manually scratching off a ticket, you use your mouse cursor to do so. If you’re still confused, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Pick the scratch off game you would like to play. There are loads of instant win games available online. Have a look at what’s available at your selected casino and pick one you are interested in.
- When you have selected your game, the first thing you will need to do is set your bet. Each game has a set minimum and maximum bet so bear that in mind when making your pick.
- After you have set your bet, select the play option. Players then get the opportunity to reveal the symbols on the card. This can usually be done in either one of two ways. Either you click the card multiple times or you select the scratch all option to reveal all the symbols in one click.
- Check if you have won or lost, and decide if you want to play another scratch off online for cash.
Scratch cards is a completely random gambling game. Unlike casino games like poker or blackjack, you can’t really influence results in a measurable way. However, there are a few tips and tricks that could make your gaming experience at online casinos more pleasurable:
- Play Them Like You Would Slots– as with slot games, scratch card results are random. It isn’t a game that is easy to win and there is almost no way to exert a wide amount of control over the game. This means that if you lose your entire bankroll while playing the game, don’t try to chase it by depositing more money thinking that the next round you will win because you have lost so many times.
- Pick A Game and Stick with It– this is more advice for physical scratch card games. If you keep playing the game, you consistently eliminate losing cards with each unsuccessful attempt.
You can play real scratch offs online for free without spending any money if you like. Gamblers play the game without any risk – or reward. Why would any player want to play free games?
Well, they give you a chance to get used to the online environment and find out what online scratch cards paypal is like in a risk-free environment. You also get to play the game even if you don’t want to make a deposit.
Free Online Scratch Cards Win Real Money USA
If you are lucky, you may find a casino that offers you the chance to play free online scratch off games for real money. A few of the casinos we have listed on this page provide players with such opportunities.
Scratch card games are available on devices. These games work in the same way as desktop games. You scratch off areas on a card and hopefully reveal matching symbols. The benefit of playing on mobile is that you have access to these games anywhere provide you have a stable internet connection.
Scratch cards are a relatively new gambling game. The game had its origins in the 1960s in the United States. It was a popular promotion method for new goods and sales mostly at local supermarkets. The scratch cards worked by randomly assigning each card as either a winning or losing card.
As time went on and technological advancements were made, a new way of producing scratch offs was invented by Daniel Bower and John Koza. In 1987, they invented a manner in which to generate scratch cards through the use of computers. It was after this discovery these instant win games became really popular.
The scratch cards offer you a chance to learn if you have won a prize instantly. There are loads of scratch card games available, many with amazing prizes. You can access scratch cards as part of the national lottery, at local draws or online. Nowadays, scratching that itch to play is so easy!
Check out our other games pages
Yes, you can buy scratch cards online. While we wouldn’t recommend buying lottery scratch cards on the web (unless through approved vendors), you can play online scratch offs real money through casino sites.
1. Scratcherz (Betsoft)
2. Treasure Tree (Realtime Gaming)
3. Penguin Payday (Rival)
Yes, many people have won playing both physical and online scratch card games. While it is a very difficult to win, it certainly is possible. When playing on the web, just make sure that you are playing through a licensed and regulated casino that is held to standard by a gambling commission.
There is no sure way of winning anything from scratch cards. The only real strategy is to buy multiple cards in the hopes of one card winning.
Yes and no. More expensive cards are more likely to award secondary prizes, meaning more opportunities to win. The obvious drawback is that they are expensive, meaning that you it is difficult to buy a load of cards at once.
This differs from game to game and how many tickets were sold but, in general, your odds could be as high as 1 in 8,145,060.
Yes and no. Scratch cards are fun to play and they promise big prizes. Your chances of actually winning these prizes are minimal though, which does kind of make them seem not worth it.
They both provide players with a relatively low chance of winning but big prizes. With tickets usually being pretty cheap, we’d say buy tickets for both. But if we were to pick just one, we’d go for scratch cards due to the adrenaline involved.
Manufacturers have stated that there are a few winners in every roll of physical scratch cards. We won’t say this increases your odds of winning though.
Physical scratch cards take between six and eight weeks for prizes to be paid out. However, the length of time it takes for online scratch cards games to payout depends on the casino banking method you selected.