Recently updated on November 14th, 2023
Online keno is a game you are probably very familiar with, even if you aren’t sure about the name. Essentially, keno is a lottery game where you pick a set of numbers and then wait for a set to be drawn randomly. If the numbers you selected match those drawn by the casino, you win a prize. Often, the cash prizes available in online keno games can go up to millions.
Many online gambling sites allow you to play this game at any time. If you want to learn more about playing keno online for real money, keep reading.
Online Keno Links
- How to Play Online Keno
- Online Keno Odds
- Online Keno Payouts
- Popular Types of Keno Games
- Online Keno Betting Tips and Tricks
- Finding the Best Online Keno Site
- Real Money Keno Apps
- Keno Online Free Games
- History of Keno
- Keno Online Game – FAQs
Keno is a gambling game that is very easy to learn. If you have ever bought a lottery ticket before, you already know how it works.
However, if you are still keen on reading about the ins and outs of how to play keno online for real money, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Find a casino that offers online keno for real money.
- Study the variations available. Review the game’s paytable and regulations. In most cases, keno games necessitate players to choose a set of 10 to 15 numbers from a pool of approximately 80 choices, with your winnings determined by the number of matches on your keno ticket.
- Decide on how much you would like to wager. Remember that you need to place your wager before you begin.
- Pick your numbers. The game is entirely based on luck, so there is no strategy involved. Some players recommend choosing keno numbers in a sequential pattern.
- Wait for the draw and find out if you have won anything.
|Spots Selected||Hits Needed||Odds of Winning|
|1||1||1 in 4.00|
|2||2||1 in 16.63|
|3||3||1 in 73.11|
|4||4||1 in 327.80|
|5||5||1 in 1,551.67|
|6||6||1 in 7,752.51|
|7||7||1 in 40,979.29|
|8||8||1 in 230,115.32|
|9||9||1 in 1,380,687.61|
|10||10||1 in 8,911,711.29|
Online keno payouts can vary depending on the casino and specific rules of the game. The below generalized table shows the typical payouts for a standard 80-number keno game when betting $1 on each spot, and the numbers matched:
|Numbers Matched||Payout for $1 Bet|
The most frequently played real money online keno games include traditional online keno, Power keno, and live keno. These variations closely resemble the keno experience in physical casinos. However, certain versions may feature variations in prizes and the number of balls or spots chosen by the player and drawn in the game. Some of the commonly encountered keno game types are as follows:
Keno is a game based on luck, so you can’t do much to influence the odds. However, that said, there is a simple keno strategy you can use to make your experience more rewarding. It includes the following tips:
- Make profitable bets – your winnings are based on the amount of numbers you guess correctly. Generally, we recommend limiting your bet to an amount that can be matched by getting three balls right.
- Pick wisely for the best chances to win – in saying this, we reference the number of numbers a player picks. The greater the number you pick, the larger your potential winnings. However, also understand you’ll need to guess more correctly to cover your losses.
- Have fun – we don’t recommend playing keno if you don’t find it fun. Yes, the game promises you big winnings if you are lucky. However, it is so difficult to win, so you can never count on a victory.
- Use bonuses – if the casino offers keno bonuses, use it to play keno games. It is a good way to ensure you meet the wagering requirements while getting to play more games.
- Play quick pick numbers – as keno numbers are selected by a random number generator, a lot of people believe that you have a better chance of winning when you choose to play numbers selected by another RNG system.
Although it’s relatively easy to locate online platforms offering keno games, identifying a website that suits your preferences can be difficult. Not every gambling site provides top-notch keno experiences to its players.
Naturally, if keno is your game of choice, it’s best to ensure that your selected casino offers online keno. Make sure the online gambling platforms you choose also offer generous welcome bonuses that can also be used to play keno for real money. Our recommended online keno sites have a proven history of providing reliable and fair gaming experience. These keno online casinos also offer exceptional customer support and a diverse array of other games provided by industry-leading software developers.
Many keno apps are available on online stores, such as the Google Play Store and App Store that let you play the game for free or for real money on your mobile device. This means you don’t have to wait until you are sitting at your desktop to play. Here are the current top 5 online keno real money casinos with downloadable mobile apps:
Interested in playing free online keno games? The majority of online keno casinos recommended on Gambling360.com allows you to play keno online for free.
While some players may not see the point in playing free keno games, there are several benefits, including:
- Playing free online keno games allows you to learn how online games work in a risk-free environment. You don’t want to bet your entire bankroll on a single keno card accidentally or make any other similar errors.
- You can still play the best online keno gameseven if you’ve busted your bankroll. This means the fun doesn’t have to stop even when you’re broke!
Although the term “keno” has Latin roots, the game actually originated in China. It is unclear when the game actually came into existence, but some theories suggest the Chinese government may have used it to help fund the Great Wall of China during its earliest stages.
The original game was played with letters of the alphabet and not numerals. This actually made it harder to win as a total of 120 characters were used. (Today’s games use 80 numbers or characters.)
Over the years, the game made its way across the world and continued to be used as a fundraising tool for governments. During the 20th century, keno made its way to the United States.
Although keno was illegal in Nevada (the state where gambling has been legal the longest), it is still available under the name racehorse keno. A lot of the odd terminology used in the game comes from this period.
Today, the game remains a favorite throughout the world, and it is even possible to play keno online for real money. It seems that the game will remain very popular for years to come.
Check out our other casino game guides:
Yes, you can play keno online. Many casinos and national lotteries allow players the chance to play online.
You can play keno online. Here are the top five best casinos for keno:
2. Irish Luck
3. Cherry Gold
5. Lucky Red
Yes, you can play on your phone. Most casinos are accessible through your mobile web browser.
Overall, five numbers seem to keep coming up in keno games worldwide: 1, 4, 23, 34, and 72. While they come up often, they aren’t sure to get you wins.
These are numbers that come up less frequently. To be considered a cold number, a number needs to be absent from 15 consecutive games.
There is no way to win keno every time. The game is completely random, so it is impossible to devise an effective strategy that will get you wins regularly.
There isn’t any real way to increase your odds in keno other than buying more than one ticket. Otherwise, the game is completely random, as stated above. The only other way to increase your odds would be by cheating.
This depends on the version of the game you are playing and the operator. Players may be required to choose anything between 10 and 15 balls from numbers between one and 80.
This all depends on how many numbers you must select and how many numbers are available to select from. Essentially, if you are playing in an 80-ball game that requires you to select 10 numbers, your chances of getting them all right are 1 in 8911712.
This depends on the game you are playing. Different operators have different pay tables attached to their games. So, be sure to study up on the paytable before playing the game.