Online pai gow poker has a small but very dedicated following. The game combines the fun styles and strategies of two classic gambling games to create a wonderful experience. Many online casinos offer players a chance to play this poker/pai gow hybrid.
If you would like to learn more about playing pai gow poker online, keep reading our game guide. Not only do we direct you to the best casinos offering the game, but we also teach you how to play, among other things.
Pai Gow Poker Links
- Play Online Pai Gow Poker Here
- Why Play Pai Gow Poker Online
- How to Play Pai Gow Poker Online
- Online Pai Gow Poker Strategy
- Free Online Pai Gow Poker Games
- Play Live Pai Gow Poker
- History of Pai Gow Poker
- Online Pai Gow Poker – FAQs
There are several reasons you should look at playing pai gow poker online, including:
- The house edge in online pai gow poker games is lower than that seen in brick-and-mortar casinos. This means you are more likely to have a profitable gaming session.
- If you are unsure of how the game works or would like to test new strategies, you can do so with free online pai gow poker games.
- Not all brick-and-mortar casinos offer pai gow poker, so playing this famous game variation online may be your only option.
Pai Gow Poker Rules
Although online pai gow poker house rules differ from casino to casino, here are some general rules:
- The game uses a standard 53-card deck, including the Joker. The Joker acts as a wild that can be used either as an Ace or completes a straight or a flush.
- You are dealt seven cards you need to build two hands with. One hand is made up of five cards, and the other is made up of two cards. You aim to build two strong hands. Your two-card hand is not allowed to outrank your five-card hand.
- General poker rules apply to the five-card poker hand, whereas the best hand players can build with their small hand is a pair of Aces.
- If the draw results in a tie, the banker wins the round. While some players may see this as an unfavorable stipulation, online pai gow poker is one of the easiest games to win.
Online pai gow poker is another variation of poker. So, if you know how to play poker, you’ll know how to play pai gow poker. If you’re still frazzled, follow the steps below:
- You start each round by placing a bet before any cards are drawn. This is called the ante bet.
- Once you have placed your bet, you will be dealt seven cards. You need to build two hands (one consisting of five cards and the other two cards.) You need to make your 5-card hand (also known as the “big hand” or “high hand”) the stronger hand.
- Regular poker hand rankings apply to the big hand, whereas the highest combination with the small hand (the 2-card hand or “low hand”) is a pair.
- After crafting both your hands, it’s time for the showdown. Everyone shows their hands, and a winner is declared.
While we don’t have the perfect online pai gow poker betting strategy, we do have some tips to help you think about the game strategically, including:
- Aim for two strong hands – remember you aim to make two hands that will beat the dealer’s two hands. If you have a pair and a high card, distribute them between your two hands to improve your chance of taking out the dealer.
- Your small hand should not outrank your big hand – make sure your big hand remains strong at all times. This means if your best hand is a high card, it needs to go in the big hand. Usually, online poker games won’t let you make this mistake.
- Practice by playing free online pai gow poker games – before playing online for real money; we recommend playing free games. You will get a feel for online pai gow poker games before risking your bankroll.
If you wish to play pai gow poker for free online, you need to sign up to a casino that offers free games. Luckily, all of the casinos listed on Gambling360.com do just that!
There are loads of reasons you should consider playing free pai gow poker games, including:
- Free games act as an online pai gow poker simulator. You can test out new strategies and determine whether the strategy will work without risking your bankroll.
- You can play games for fun after you have busted your bankroll.
Some casino sites offer you the chance to play online pai gow poker with a real-life dealer. If you are keen on getting the full game experience – social interaction and all – you need to sign up at a gambling site with a live casino.
Some of our recommended casinos feature live dealer options. We recommend trying live online pai gow poker games. However, make sure you understand how the game works before playing. There is no room for error in live games.
Pai gow poker is a relatively new casino game. It was invented in 1985 by California card room owner Sam Torosian. Torosian was inspired to create the card game after a Filipino customer told him about Pusoy – a Chinese card game based on poker hands that requires you to create three hands from 13 cards.
Torosian thought that waiting for players to build three hands slowed down the game, thus shortened it to two. Furthermore, instead of players being dealt 13 cards, they would only be dealt seven, and this is how pai gow poker came into being.
Soon after its creation, the game became exceedingly popular and spread to the Las Vegas Strip, provingto be a hit.
Today, the game is played worldwide and is even available as online pai gow poker. We recommend you give it a go if you are a fan of poker. Once you’ve tried it, you’ll love it too!
Check out our other casino game guides:
The term “pai gow” loosely translates to “make nine.”
Pai gow, the game played with dominoes, originated in China. However, pai gow poker, the card game, originated in California, USA.
Pai gow poker is played with two hands: one featuring five cards and another featuring two cards. Players are dealt seven cards which they need to use to make two hands. Players need to beat both of the dealer’s hands to win.
Online pai gow poker is a fun game with a relatively low house edge. As you only play against the dealer, your strategy involves beating only one person.
The house edge in pai gow poker is somewhere around 2.84%.
Here are the payout odds for each of the hands available in online pai gow poker:
• 7-Card Straight Flush – 5000000 to 1
• Royal Flush and a Pair – 2000000 to 1
• Five Aces – 140000 to 1
• Royal Flush – 6000 to 1
• Straight Flush – 750 to 1
• Four of a Kind – 500 to 1
• Full House – 36 to 1
It is possible to win in pai gow poker. All you need to do is arrange your two hands in a way that can beat both the dealer’s hands.
Face up pai gow poker sees the dealer play with a fully exposed hand.
A royal match is the best hand in pai gow poker. The hand features a royal flush and an additional King and Ace of the same suit. It is only possible to get this hand if the game uses more than one deck.
A pai gow hand is a winning combination of cards featured in the famous poker game.