Pai gow poker has got a small following but very dedicated following around the world. Many casino sites offer players the chance to play this poker/pai gow hybrid, with the game rising incrementally in popularity in recent years. This is really no surprise as it combines the fun styles and strategies of two classic gambling games to create a wonderful experience filled with heart-pumping moments.
If you would like to find out more about playing pai gow poker online, keep on reading as on this page we have created a game guide. Not only do we direct you to the best casinos that offer the game, but we also teach you how to play, list pai gow poker payouts and share some playing tips, among other things. So, read on and start playing online today at the best real money online gambling sites!
You can play pai gow from the comfort of your own home at any of the casinos listed below. Each has got a range of wonderful poker games available so you aren’t limited!
Pai Gow Poker Links
- Play Pai Gow Poker Online
- Learn to Play Pai Gow Poker Online
- Pai Gow Poker Strategy: Tips and Tricks
- Free Online Pai Gow Poker Games
- Play Live Pai Gow Poker
- History of Pai Gow Poker
- Pai Gow Poker FAQs
Pai gow poker is just another variation of online casino poker. So, if you know how to play poker, you’ll know how to play pai gow in card form. If you’re still a little frazzled, just follow the steps below and you should be good to play a game:
- You start each round by placing a bet before any cards are drawn. This is called the ante bet.
- Once you have placed your bet, you will be dealt seven cards with which you will be required to build two hands (one consisting of five cards and the other of two cards.) We recommend that you try to make your five-card hand (also known as the “big hand”) the stronger hand.
- The rules governing the big hand are that of regular poker whereas the highest combination with the small hand (the two-card hand) is a pair.
- After crafting both their hands, it’s time for the showdown. Everyone shows their hands and a winner is declared.
Pai Gow Poker Rules
Although pai gow poker house rules may differ from casino to casino, the general rules consist of the following:
- The game makes use of a standard 52-card deck, including the Joker. The Joker acts a wild that either be an Ace or completes flushes and straights.
- Players are dealt seven cards with which they are required to build two hands – one of five cards and the other of two cards. It is the aim of the player to build two strong hands.
- General poker rules apply to the five-card poker hand, whereas the best hand players can build with their small hand is a pair of Aces.
- If the draw results in a tie, the banker wins the round.
While we don’t have the perfect pai gow poker betting strategy, but we do have some tips and tricks that will get you thinking about the game more strategically. These include the following:
- Try to make two strong hands – remember your aim to try and make two hands that will beat the dealer’s two hands. If you have got a pair and a high card, try to distribute them between your two hands so that you have a better chance of taking out the dealer.
- Your small hand should not outrank your big hand – make sure that your big hand remains strong at all times. This means that if your best hand is a high card, it needs to go in the big hand.
- Play by playing free online pai gow poker games – before playing online for real money, we always recommend that you play gamble free games first. You get a feel for the online environment before risking your bankroll and potentially losing it due to user inexperience.
If you wish to play pai gow poker for free online, all you need to do is sign up at a casino that offers free games. Luckily, all of the casinos listed on Gambling360.com do just that!
There are loads of reasons you should consider playing free pai gow poker games a chance, including the following:
- Free games act as a pai gow poker simulator. You can test out new strategies and determine whether or not the strategy will work in a live environment without any spending your bankroll.
- You can play games for fun after you have busted your bankroll.
Some casinos offer you the chance to play pai gow poker with a real-life dealer. If you are keen on getting the full game experience – social interaction and all – you need to sign up at a gambling site that features a live casino.
Many of our recommend casinos feature live dealer options. We recommend that you try live pai gow poker online. However, you do need to understand how the game works before doing so.
Pai gow poker is a relatively new casino game. It was invented in 1985 by California card room owner, Sam Torosian. Torosian was inspired to create the card game after a Filipino customer told him about Pusoy – a Chinese card game based on poker hands that requires players to create three different hands from 13 dealt cards.
Torosian thought that waiting for players to build three hands slowed down the game, thus shortened it to two. Furthermore, instead of players being dealt 13 cards they would only be dealt seven, and this is how the pai gow poker game into being.
Soon after its creation, pai gow poker became exceedingly popular and soon spread to the Las Vegas Strip, where it also proved to be a hit. Today, the game is played worldwide and is even available online. We heartily recommend that all players give the game a go if they are a fan of poker. Once you’ve tried it, you’ll love it too!
Check out our other casino game guides:
The term “pai gow” loosely translates to “make nine”.
Pai gow, the game played with dominoes, originated in China. However, pai gow poker, the card game, originated in California, USA.
Pai gow poker is played with two hands: one featuring five cards and another featuring two cards. Players are dealt seven cards with which they need to make their hands. Players need to beat both of the dealer’s hands to win.
Pai gow is a fun game with a relatively low house edge. As you only really play against the dealer, your strategy involves beating only one person.
The house edge in pai gow poker sits somewhere around 2.84%.
Here is the payout odds for each of the hands available in pai gow poker:
• 7-Card Straight Flush – 5000000 to 1
• Royal Flush and a Pair – 2000000 to 1
• Five Aces – 140000 to 1
• Royal Flush – 6000 to 1
• Straight Flush – 750 to 1
• Four of a Kind – 500 to 1
• Full House – 36 to 1
It is possible to win in pai gow poker. All you need to do is arrange your two hands in a way that is able to beat both the dealer’s hands.
Face up pai gow poker sees the dealer play with a fully exposed hand.
A royal match is the best hand in pai gow poker. The hand features a royal flush and an additional King and Ace of the same suit. It is only possible to get this hand if the game uses more than one deck.
A pai gow hand is a winning combination of cards featured in the famous poker game.