Golf is one of the most popular sports in the world, which has translated into a massive interest in golf betting. This is particularly true in the United States, where four of the majors played each year are hosted. The last few years has seen the sport grow exponentially, particularly with the talent competing in the sport being as good as it is. Big names like Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, Tiger Woods and Justin Rose make each and every event very exciting. The last few years has seen the sport grow exponentially, particularly with the talent competing in the sport being as good as it is. Big names like Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, Tiger Woods and Justin Rose make each and every event very exciting.
Many new fans of the wonderful sport who may be interested in learning how to bet on golf online. Thus, we’ve created this helpful guide for beginners who would like to know more about this sports betting option.
Along with explaining how we pick the best golf betting sites, we also explain how to bet on golf, the different odds and betting options available as well as provide a list of the best tournaments to bet on.
Top Online Golf Betting Sites 2019
These are the best golf betting sites in the USA. They are guaranteed to offer you all the most popular wagering options. Be sure to give one a go the next time you want to place a golf bet.
How We Pick Golf Betting Sites
When looking for the best golf betting online sites, we focus on the following factors:
- Safety/Trustworthiness – determining whether a site is safe to use needs to be everyone’s number one priority when betting online. We only ever recommend sites that have got a good public record of being trustworthy and these are the only sorts of sites you should ever use.
- Betting Options – most bettors don’t just want to bet on who may win a particular tournament. Many want to have the option of betting on things like the number of hole-in-ones a tournament may see, among other related bets. If you’re interested in unique wagers such as this, you need to sign up at a betting site that allows bettors to make them.
- Website Design – some online betting platforms look like one needs to have a Master’s degree in computing in order to understand how the site works. So, we pick sports betting sites that are easy to use and allow gamblers to make the bets they would like to without a problem.
- Bonuses – we try to recommend sites that offer worthwhile bonus programs and don’t pretend to give you free cash just to entice you to sign up. Bonuses is the aspect of an online betting site that US bettors should only have a look at after they have determined that that the sportsbook already offers everything else they need.
We also make sure to check these factors when evaluating golf betting apps. Many of the sites recommended on Gambling360.com have dedicated apps too.
How Golf Betting Lines Work
The most well-known golf betting option is simply placing a wager on who you believe will win the tournament. Odd are calculated on the form of the player and how long he or she has been playing professionally.
There are a number of other bets available at the best sports betting sites though. This includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Propositional Bet – a bet based on a specific attribute of the player. For example, placing a bet on Tiger Woods to score a hole-in-one.
- Nationality Bet – bets which suggest players of a particular nationality will win the tournament. Odds are calculated on the basis of which country has the most top-ranked players.
- Match Bets – in these bets, the bettor attempts to predict who will shoot the lowest score among a select group of players.
Check out our other sports betting guides:
Top Golf Betting Tips
While we won’t claim to be the best golf betting tipsters online, there are a few things we do recommend you keep in mind when making wagers on this illustrious sport. Some of them include the following:
- Shop Around for Golf Betting Odds – before you place a hasty bet make sure to have a look at the odds on offer at multiple sportsbooks. It is important to note that most will have different odds on different players and that to make the most money possible, you should place your bet at the site with the best odds.
- Pay Attention to Weather – it is important to remember that wind can play a massive role in the outcome of a tournament. Some players are able to play better in windy conditions whereas others aren’t. Also, you don’t really want to waste your time placing a bet on a game that is going to be rained out.
- Research Participants – always remember that some players tend to do better than others at certain tournaments and at certain courses. For example, if you were place a bet on the Ryder Cup, it would be imperative to know that the USA team doesn’t always perform that well in Europe. Knowing this could prevent you from making a bad bet.
For free golf betting tips on the latest upcoming tournaments, be sure to have a look at our blog. Our analysts are constantly giving out great golf betting advice there.
Best Golf Tournaments to Bet On
Loads of golf tournaments take place around the world each year. We have highlighted some of the most popular events US gamblers like to bet down below:
- PGA Championship – as one of the biggest events on the golfing calendar each year, the PGA Championship has draws in millions of viewers each year. Some of these viewers even love placing a good wager on the unscripted action.
- Ryder Cup – a wonderful team-based event which sees US players go up against European players. The tournament takes place every two years.. It is definitely one of the highlights of the golf calendar.
- The Open Championship – the biggest European golfing tournament and the oldest running major. Many fans of the sport love to wager the “British Open”, which has seen its fair share of American winners.
- US Masters – if there is one thing the city of Augusta, Georgia is famous for, it is for hosting the Masters. The best of the best go up against one another to determine who is truly the sport’s greatest player.
It is important to note that these are not the only available golf betting options available in the USA. There are also many other options. Check out our other golf betting guides to learn more.