Although the National Football League is very popular, there are still some US gamblers who very are unsure about how to bet on NFL games. If you are one such bettor in the United States, you will be happy to learn that betting on the NFL is actually extremely easy. If you’re familiar with sports betting at all, you’ll probably be familiar with most of the available lines in the betting option, as well as how to read odds. If not though, we’ve got the ultimate how to bet on NFL games online legally down below.
Some of the areas we cover in our ultimate guide include an explanation of the betting options available to bettors in the USA, a guide on how to create a sportsbook account, and some overall wagering strategies that may help gamblers win more money. We also list the best online gambling sites to bet on the NFL at. So, read on and find out how to bet on NFL football and win down below.
These are the best NFL sports betting sites currently available to avid gamblers around the country. They are sure to offer any and all the betting lines you are interested in, and at some very competitive odds. So, what are you waiting for? Start betting today!
What You’ll Find In Our How to Bet on NFL Guide
- Best NFL Betting Sites for US Bettors
- How to Bet on the NFL Online – Understanding the League
- Popular NFL Bets at US Sportsbooks
- How to Bet on Football – Signing Up at Online Sportsbooks
- How to Bet on the NFL – Betting Strategy
The NFL is the biggest American football league in the world, and is contested in the United States. The league features 32 teams, which have been divided into two conferences (the National Football Conference and the American Football Conference). The two conferences have been divided further into four divisions featuring four teams each.
The league follows a format that sees each team play 16 games over a 17-week regular season. Following this, the 12 best teams (six from each conference) – those which perform the best in the regular season – then progress to the postseason period of the league.
Postseason takes the format of a single elimination tournament, with teams being eliminated in each playoff round. The playoffs culminate in a conference championship which sees a champion for the NFC and AFC declared. The champions of the two conferences then compete in a game known as the Super Bowl to determine the champion of the season.
There are multiple different types of NFL bets available to US bettors. Some of the most popular at our recommended betting sites include the following:
- Moneyline – the most popular betting option at sportsbooks. Bettors wager on the winner of the match.
- Spreads – when it comes to betting on football, all gamblers want to know how to bet on NFL spreads. This popular form of betting sees gamblers make wagers on whether a team favored to win a game will be able to overcome a handicap or not. The handicap is set by the sportsbook based on team form.
- Totals – bettors predict the final score (the two teams’ scores combined) to be over or under a specified number. Since football is a high-scoring sport, these wagers can be very interesting.
- Parlays – these bets see gamblers stack a large number of bets on a single sheet, which in turn heavily increases odds and payouts. Featured bets could include moneylines, spreads and totals. It is very difficult to win such a wager, which is why they payout so well.
- Futures – these are bets made on a team to win a big game or an important accolade long before the event is decided. For example, bettors could wager on the Cleveland Browns to win the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season.
- Season Win Totals – these bets combine futures and total bets. Basically, bettors attempt to predict whether a team will win more or less than a specified number of games.
- Live Betting – these are wagers placed on a live and in play game. It is possible to make all sorts of live bets on NFL games, including those mentioned above. Odd change according to how the game is playing out.
Before US bettors can start placing bets on upcoming NFL games, they need to sign up to an online sports betting site that offers the option to do so. All of the sportsbooks listed on this page allow bettors to wager on the world’s biggest football league. If you have never made an online betting account, we teach you how to do so in a few easy steps below:
- Select a trustworthy online sportsbook We suggest selecting one of the sites we recommend and have reviewed above.
- Create an account at your selected sportsbook. This may require you to provide identifying details, such as your name and your social security number, among other things.
- Deposit funds into your account. Before signing up, you should make sure that the sportsbook in question offers you the option of using your preferred banking option.
- Select the game you would like to bet on, as well as the bet you would like to make. (Make sure to shop around for odds before confirming.)
- If you are happy with all your choices, confirm your bet and wait to find out the results of it. Once you have, you are ready to place more bets (should you have the funds to do so.)
Check Out Our Other NFL Guides:
When betting online for real money, it is essential to employ some form of strategy to win. If you just base all your bets on a gut feeling, you are sure to place more losing bets than winning bets. An informed bettor is a better bettor. Thus, we’ve combined a few betting strategies to make your money go further:
- Managing your bankroll is the first step towards sustaining a good run gambling online. This means setting aside money that you can afford to lose through gambling.
- Since the NFL takes place over a period of six months, bettors need to know that they can sustain interest in the game if they are going to place long-term bets or even weekly wagers. Bettors who are in the know tend to make profitable wagers on a more frequent basis. For example, you don’t want to be betting on the New England Patriots to win in Week 12, if Tom Brady was injured in Week 2 and the team has been on a massive losing streak ever since.
- Before placing a wager, make sure to compare the odds available at different sportsbooks so as to ensure that you are able to make the most money possible. (For example, you don’t want to place a bet at MyBookie and then find out later that you could’ve made more money at Bovada on the same wager.)
- Make sure to research the team you would like to bet on. If you’re a casual bettor who would just like to place a wager on their favorite team, by all means do so. However, if you would actually like to start betting professionally, you need to make sure that you clued up on all the most relevant stats about a team.