NASCAR betting allows US gamblers to wager on one of the most exciting motorsports in the world. The stock car series is currently the largest in the world and has been thrilling spectators and fans for years. While NASCAR doesn’t have the worldwide popularity of something like Formula One, it is pretty much the most popular motor racing sport here in the United States. With so many US bettors following the action, it’s easy to see why there is such a big NASCAR gambling culture.
But like all sports betting, NASCAR betting online can be a bit overwhelming. However, luckily for US bettors, the racing experts at Gambling360.com have come up with the ultimate guide to betting on NASCAR in 2020. Below we explain all you need to know about betting on the sport, including the betting lines available, tips for making bets and so much more. So, stay tuned, place your motorsport bets, and win big!
Best NASCAR Betting Sites USA
Looking to find out where to bet on NASCAR online? Well, the sportsbooks listed down below have got you covered. They are sure to provide you with the best NASCAR sports betting lines available!
Play Now! Lucky Red Casino
Play Now! Club World Casino
Play Now! Golden Lion Casino
Play Now! All-Star Slots
Play Now! Irish Luck Casino
Play Now! Cherry Gold Casino
Play Now! Manhattan Slots Casino
Play Now! Eclipse Casino
Play Now! Supernova Casino
Play Now! Free Spin Casino
Play Now! Exclusive Casino
Play Now! DomGame Casino
Bet Now! BetOnline Sportsbook
Bet Now! Sports Betting.ag Online
Bet Now! MyBookie Sportsbook
Bet Now! Bovada Sportsbook
Bet Now! Intertops Sports
What You’ll Find In Our NASCAR Betting Guide
- How to Bet on NASCAR: Beginner’s Guide
- Popular NASCAR Betting Lines
- NASCAR Betting Odds Explained
- Top NASCAR Betting Tips
- NASCAR Betting Conclusion
Many NASCAR fans know a lot about the sport and are avid fans, but when it comes to betting on the races, they’re unsure of how to go about it. The good news is that knowledge is the most important aspect of making accurate NASCAR picks. This will help you make your decisions and help your better chance for success. However, as any NASCAR fan will know, the racing is close and it is unpredictable. Anything can happen and the favorite doesn’t always win.
We highly recommend you follow all sessions leading up to the main race. These include the practice sessions and qualifying. Qualifying determines the starting order of the grid, as well as pit box selection. Where a driver starts can have a huge impact on the race. Some tracks only have on groove, such as Bristol Motor Speedway.
The groove is defined as the racing line on the track. The cars need to stick to the groove to be fast. When there is only one, passing is far more difficult. Larger tracks, like Talladega Superspeedway, make passing far easier, so a good starting position is less important. Understanding all this makes it easier to determine when a sportsbook is offering good NASCAR race odds.
Seeing how drivers and cars perform during the sessions leading up to the race can also give gamblers vital information on how they’ll perform in different weather conditions. All of this needs to be taken into account in order to pick the best possible betting line on NASCAR race.
When it comes to the bets themselves, there are plenty of different options available in the NASCAR betting pool for gamblers. Below is a list of some of the most popular bets that gamblers make on NASCAR:
- Who Will Win – When placing this bet, you are betting on the driver you think will cross the finish line in first place. If your chosen driver wins, so do you! Be sure to look for the best NASCAR race odds to ensure that you win the most possible cash.
- Who Gets Pole – Leading up to the race, gamblers can bet on which driver starts at the front of the pack. In order to get this bet right, it is important for bettors to know how well certain drivers do in a qualifying lap on that circuit.
- Fastest Lap in the Race – gamblers can also bet on which driver will set the fastest lap of the race. This bet is completely separate from the final race result, all that matters is who sets the fastest single lap.
- Podium Bet – When placing a podium bet, your chosen driver simply needs to finish in first, second, or third place. NASCAR driver odds payout less on these bets though.
- Driver Matchup Bets – With a driver matchup bet, you are looking at two drivers and betting on which one will finish better than the other. The results of this bet are independent of where the drivers finish in the field. All that matters is which driver beats the other.
- Futures – When we talk about futures betting in NASCAR, it is almost always referring to betting on who will win the championship. It can be a good idea to try and place your bets as early as possible for better NASCAR Championship betting odds.
Understanding NASCAR betting odds is pretty simple, but if you’re struggling, we are here to help you out. So, let us first start by saying that there are three types of odds formats: American, decimal and fractional. Most sportsbooks give bettors the chance to display odds using any of these three formats, but we’ll focus on explaining the American format as that is the default setting.
So, when you visit an online sportsbook, you will find lines that look a lot like this:
|Martin Truex Jr||+700|
Now, calculating how much you could win by betting on any of these drivers is pretty simple. First, you’ll need to look at the mathematical symbol located in front of the driver’s odds. If it is a minus symbol, they are favored to win and if it is a plus symbol, they are considered an underdog.
Now, for example, if you to bet on Kyle Busch, you would need to wager $300 to win $100. However, if you were to bet on Kevin Harvick, you would win $700 for every $100 bet. Calculating your winnings is really that simple!
There are a few things US gamblers should keep in mind when making NASCAR betting picks. Some of the most important include the following:
- Scope Out the Underdogs – big names like Kyle Busch and Jimmie Johnson will always appear as favorites at sportsbooks for pretty much all NASCAR races. While bets on these drivers do payout, they don’t pay as much as betting on an underdog whose odds to win NASCAR race are relatively low. We’re not saying that you should place all your bets on underdogs, but pay attention to the line and what’s happening in the series and take advantage of sportsbook miscalculations.
- Pay Mind to the Racetrack – it is important to have a look at drivers’ historical performance on a particular racetrack before placing your wager. Not all drivers perform well on the same tracks. Betting on Kevin Harvick to win on a track he has never won on is just a bad idea.
- Study a Driver’s Recent Form – before randomly placing a bet on just any driver, make sure you have a good look at their recent form. Even though somebody may be a big name in motor racing, they may be having a bad season which hasn’t seen all that many victories.
- Focus on Practice Runs – make sure to have a good look at the practice runs of racers before placing your bet. The final practice run is often a very good indicator of what the final result of the race will look like.
That’s all we have for you with regards to our complete NASCAR betting guide for 2020. The most important thing to remember is any form of sports betting is supposed to be fun. Do not try and use this as a way to make a living, do not take it too seriously, and do not bet more money than you can afford to lose. Have fun, enjoy the racing, and if lady luck is on your side, win some cash!