The Stanley Cup is one of the popular sports events and has odds that are profitable for any punter who places wagers on the event. Many sports betting sites allow US players to place wagers on the Stanley Cup. Our guide has information about how to bet on the cup and the odds that you can bet on to maximise your winnings.
How to Bet on the Stanley Cup
It is relatively easy to bet on the Stanley Cup. It is as easy as following the steps below:
- Choose the option that you want to bet.
There are two that you can choose to make your wager. You can choose to wager on a game by game or the entire hockey season. When you choose the game by game, you will have to choose lines to bet on. There are two options when you choose to bet on the season. One option is to bet on which game will win the season outright or choose the futures bet.
- Find out more about the team you want to bet on.
Do your research on the previous games the team has played and find out how they were played and any other factors that may have affected the game. This will let you know on the current performance of the team and whether they are doing well or not.
- Choose which team you want to bet on.
This is an easy decision when you are betting on the entire season. However, when you are betting game by game, it may be difficult because the performance of a team can easily change. But it may present opportunities to change who you are betting on when the team has changed in performance.
- Do Some Line Shopping
When you get to this point, you should already know which team you want to bet on. Now you have to find the right lines to bet by searching for the best odds. When you find the best odds, when you win you will get good payouts.
- Place your Bet
Once you have found the best odds, you are now ready to place your wager. However, before placing the bet, always double check your information first.
NHL Stanley Cup Odds 2019
Finding the best odds is not a simple task because you have to search through the different sportsbooks. You have to compare their odds against each other to see which one will give you the best odds for your wagers. What can make it easier is to keep a record of your betting to know your past wins and losses and compare to the odds are available.
Bet on Hockey – Types of Bets
Here are some of the bets that are available for US players:
- Puck Lines – works the same as the point spread where the underdog is given the advantage to level the playing field. So, the favourites will have -1.5 odds while the underdog will have +1.5 odds.
- Moneylines – this bet will be on which team will win the game without considering any other factors such as by how many points the team will win.
- Totals – the bookmaker will set s number, and you have to bet on whether the goals scored by both teams will be over or under the set number.
- Futures – this bet is usually made after a season has ended, where you will predict who will win the next game season.