Boxing betting online is hugely popular worldwide, including the United States. The nature of boxing – it being a one-on-one sport – makes the sport quite difficult to predict. It doesn’t matter whether you are betting on the greats, such as Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather and Wladimir Klitschko, amateur fighters, the bout is sure to be both exciting and rewarding at the same time. This is why a lot of gamblers in the US love to bet on it.
If you are keen to start betting on boxing online, we have created the ultimate boxing gambling guide for you. Not only do we list the top boxing betting websites, but we also provide you with the different types of sports bets you can make on the fight along with general tips for online gambling. So, read on to learn more!
Best Boxing Betting Sites USA
The sportsbooks listed below are sure to offer US gamblers great boxing betting lines and at great odds too. So, sign up now to claim your bonus!
Play Now! Lucky Red Casino
Play Now! Club World Casino
Play Now! Golden Lion Casino
Play Now! All-Star Slots
Play Now! Irish Luck Casino
Play Now! Cherry Gold Casino
Play Now! Manhattan Slots Casino
Play Now! Eclipse Casino
Play Now! Supernova Casino
Play Now! Free Spin Casino
Play Now! Exclusive Casino
Play Now! DomGame Casino
Bet Now! BetOnline Sportsbook
Bet Now! Sports Betting.ag Online
Bet Now! MyBookie Sportsbook
Bet Now! Bovada Sportsbook
Bet Now! Intertops Sports
What You’ll Find In Our Boxing Betting Guide
- Boxing Betting Explained: How Does Boxing Betting Work?
- Boxing Betting Odds Explained
- Online Boxing Betting Payouts
- Best Boxing Betting Tips
- Bonus: General Boxing Rules & How to Win
How sports betting on boxing works is quite easy. Players place bets either in advance or very close to the fight. As with many sports, outright win markets offer bettors the best value of money. This is with regards to prices, odds, and offers. In order to get you through the door with the hope that you bet money on boxing, sportsbooks will run these lines at cost or even a loss. More so, bettors can start betting on a boxing match as soon as it is announced. However, odds can adjust with ante-post betting: they can either be more profitable or less profitable.
What Does Round Betting in Boxing Mean?
Round betting is the new ‘it’ thing at the best online boxing betting sites. Sportsbooks in the USA offer bettors money back promotions for placing round bets. An example could be ‘money back if the match goes over four rounds’ and so on. More so, round betting only allows bettors to only bet on which round the fighter will win and sometimes how this will happen. Round betting also forms part of live boxing betting at some sportsbooks.
The Win Method
Bettors can place bets on a knockout (also known as KO), technical knockout (TKO), submission, draw, technical draw, disqualification, and more. You can do this within a round or overall. More so, it is wise that players compare different bookmakers to check which have best value markets. Every betting site for boxing will allow you to bet on the win method.
Other Boxing Bets
Most sportsbooks will also allow you to place the following wagers when you bet on boxing fights online:
- Props – there are loads of other happenings within the match gamblers can bet on. For example, the color of the shoes one particular fighter will be wearing.
So many gamblers avoid placing sports bets because they are unsure about reading odds. However, once we explain betting odds boxing to you, placing bets online will be a breeze.
So, the way in which odds are calculated vary per country. In the US, the betting odds for boxing appear as a minus number (-800) to indicate a favorite or a plus number (+500) for an underdog based off a standard $100 bet. A plus number shows how much you win if you wager $100. So, if you are +445 to win, it means that $100 bet could win you $445. Whereas, the minus number shows how much you have to bet to win $100. So, if you’re -370 to win, it means you have to bet $370 to win $100.
Formula for Calculating Money line Odds
Minus numbers/favorite: Wager/odds x 100 = your potential winnings.
Plus numbers/underdogs: (Wager x odds) / 100 = your potential winnings.
The maximum payouts for boxing sports betting varies a lot, especially when compared to other sports. For instance, football bets can payout tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Meanwhile, on a big boxing fight, the best US bookies can offer a payout of up to a quarter of a million.
Check out our other Online Betting guides:
If you are going to place successful bets on boxing matches, you are going to need to bet smart. This means reading up on boxing betting strategies and tips before you place a wager. While we won’t claim to be top boxing betting tipsters, we do believe the advice below will help you be more successful in the long run:
- Championships Mean Something – if a fighter has won some gold from a top boxing organizing body, such as the IBF, WBA or WBO, they are considered to be a great fighter. Thus, if you see a bout with a champion in it, you are pretty much guaranteed a good chance of winning a wager if you bet on the champion.
- Research Fighters – it is important to remember that different fighters have different fighting styles that are better suited to others. You can get a head start with bets by watching footage of fighters in action and seeing the bouts they perform well in and struggle with.
- Shop for Odds – make sure to shop around for the best betting odds boxing available for US bettors online. This is the only way to ensure that you make the most money possible with your wagers if they are successful.
Boxing dates back to as far as the third millennium BCE but became an established sport when Ancient Greeks introduced it in the 23rd Olympiad. Back then the game was wild but has evolved to become somewhat a friendly and more professional game. You may be familiar with current professional top boxers including the likes of Floyd Mayweather, Terence Crawford, Gennady Golovkin, Vasyl Lomachenko, and Anthony Joshua, to name a few.
Now, the rules of boxing are quite straightforward and easy.
- A boxing match take place over 12 rounds.
- Each boxing round lasts for either two or three minutes.
- Each boxer wears gloves with nothing in them other than the boxer’s hand; no objects are allowed.
- Boxers punch each other and avoid doing the following: biting, kicking, holding the ropes, striking with forearms and elbows, wrestling, poking their opponent’s eyes with thumbs, head butt, and hitting their opponent when they’re down.
- Usually, there are three scorers responsible for the game scores.
- A boxer can win by a KO or TKO.
- The boxer’s team can end the match by throwing in the towel (this is where the universal proverb comes from) if they fear that their competitor is in trouble or if the fighter is knocked out or rendered unconscious.
Now that you are familiar with the rules of the sport, it should easy to bet on the boxing match of your dreams from the comfort of your own home.