Tennis betting is becoming increasingly popular with US sports bettors looking to get into new sports. This is because tennis is a sport that is extremely competitive and hosts many professional tournaments across the globe each year. In fact, tennis is the third biggest gambling sport in the world behind soccer and horse racing in terms of most money made for sportsbooks. Thus, it’s understandable that there are many US bettors looking to get in on that action. Luckily, tennis betting lines are easily available to gamblers online.
If you are looking to learn more about how to bet on tennis online, you have come to the right place. Below we go through all you need to know about placing your first wagers on the sport. This includes the available sports betting markets, as well as strategies and tips to use when considering a wager. So, read on and let us be your tennis betting expert!
Best Tennis Betting Sites 2019
The tennis betting websites listed below are currently some o the best available to US bettors. There are so many lines available and at great odds to. Why not have look to see if you find a bet you would like to make today?
What You’ll Find on this Page
- Understanding the Game of Tennis
- Tennis Betting Lines Explained
- Tennis Betting Strategies
- Search for Good Tennis Betting Odds
- Top Tennis Betting Tips
Tennis is played on a rectangular court divided into two halves by a net in the middle. Each half of the court has two sides. The right side is called the deuce and the left side is called the ad. On every side of the court, there is a service box that runs from the net until over halfway to the edge of the court. When playing, a player looks to hit the ball into their opponent’s service box slantwise across from where they are playing from. The player who is able to score the most points and win the most sets is declared the winner of the match.
When you visit a tennis betting online sportsbook, you will find that they offer a number of different wagering markets. Some of the most popular include the following:
- Moneyline – this is the easiest bet you could possible ever make. It simply involves predicting the winner of a match.
- Tennis Spread Bets – this bet sees one player deemed a favourite and then another deemed an underdog. In order for bet placed on the favourite to be successful, the player will need to win the match by a certain number of sets.
- Total Bets – this bet sees gamblers bet on the number of tennis games or sets a single player will win in a match. It is similar to the over/under bets made in other sports. This wager is also known as a tennis betting over under.
- Props – these bets see gamblers attempt to predict whether a certain event will take place during the match. Sportsbooks generally offer a number of different sports. Some examples include whether or not there will be a tie break or whether a player will win a specific set. Be sure to have a look at the range of props available to you at your preferred sportsbook.
- Futures – these are bets made on players to win specific tournaments. They are generally made long before the final match of the tournament is played.
Looking to craft the ultimate tennis betting strategy? Consider the factors down below:
- Finding affronts on Grand Slams can be hard as only a handful of players are generally good enough to win major tournaments. However, on a single match level, bettors who put time to study players at all levels are able to find big edges on favorites and underdogs.
- One component of tennis handicapping to study the style of every player. Most beginners get caught up on player names and their records instead of breaking down a match by how the players play. For example, John Isner is an active tennis player with his powerful serve. Against rivals with an average or sub-par return game, he is going to be nearly unbeatable. But compared to an excessive returner, Isner is susceptible. Learn the strengths and faintness of several players to know where they are strong and not. The surface is also significant. Players such as David Ferrer and Rafael Nadal are much better on clay than on other surfaces.
Check out our other tennis betting guides:
For chance tennis bettors, many sportsbooks will be the same. They will offer popular betting lines, such as moneylines, totals and props.. But for enthusiastic tennis bettors, finding sportsbooks with great odds and extra prop bets is a big deal. For this reason, it is very important to make sure that you look at numerous online sportsbooks to see which bookmaking options they have on tennis games across the world
Check out our other sports betting guides:
There are many factors to consider when wagering on tennis. While we won’t call ourselves pro tennis betting tipsters, our experts have been around the court a couple of times, so they do know a few general tips that may help gamblers make better wagers. Some such tips include the following:
- It is important to understand that players have different strengths and weaknesses and also that they play better on certain conditions. There are four main surfaces that tennis is played on; grass, clay, hardcourt and the carpet. Due to the speed that both the ball and player can move on these diverse surfaces, a player’s level of performance varies on the type of court he or she is playing on.
- Tennis players have different skill sets and experienced tennis bettors know how players play and what type of a player they fair better against. At an elementary level, tennis players can be right-handed or left-handed and this should be taken into consideration when making wagers. A few examples of different playstyle include the following: baseline, big-servers, defensive and all-rounders.
For some more free tennis betting tips, make sure to have a look at our daily blog. There are experts provide all their latest tennis betting predictions.