Wimbledon tennis tournament pits the best of the best tennis players in the world. As one of the oldest tennis competitions on the planet, the prestige of the tournament never wanes on tennis fans. Betting on Wimbledon championship has taken a life of its own, seeing punters all over set their predictions on who is going to claim the coveted Grand Slam competition. Also known as the Open Championships, the competition is held annually, famous for some of the most shocking upsets in tennis history. Read through our bet on Wimbledon tennis guide to find the best bookies online with the best odds to win.
US Wimbledon Tennis Odds
The odds in the game of tennis work just like any other sports betting game, the players with a history of dominating the sport are pegged as favourites. The sportsbooks online will have different betting odds for different players at every stage of the competition. That means that if you wager on Roger Federer winning the tournament from the start of the tournament, the payout will be much higher than someone that bet on him to win in the semi-finals of the tournament. Players should note that Wimbledon championship odds are different for male and female tennis players.
Wimbledon Women’s Odds
This generation of women’s tennis has been dominated by Serena Williams. While she may have aged well, it is probably the best time to bet against her. She continues to remain the main drawcard in lady’s tennis. With many of the Wimbledon betting predictions pegging her as the overwhelming favorite. Some of the names that are placed prominently at the apex of women’s tennis include Garbine Muguruza, Kasatkina and Ostapenko.
Wimbledon Men’s Odds
Men’s tennis has been dominated by tennis rivalries and 2018’s Wimbledon Men’s final showcased another battle of titans. The tournament’s most decorated player, Roger Federer faced his oldest foe in Rafael Nadal in the final. Needless to say, Nadal walked away with the trophy. It could’ve gone either way, which is the reason why betting on tennis is so much fun. While the player that dominates the sport at the moment can change with each Grand Slam tournament, it is prudent for players to check the ATP world rankings before they bet. These rankings are determined by looking at a player’s form over the different competitions.
Types of Wimbledon Betting Offers
Our Wimbledon betting guide looks at some of the most popular betting offers at US online bookies.
- Wimbledon Outright Betting – This relates to the wager on the overall winner of the tournament before a game has been played.
- Live Betting Wimbledon – Bookies have embraced the thrill of tennis betting by offering live bets on the next point, the player that will win the next set and so forth. Players can bet and win in Wimbledon tennis matches before the game is finished.
- Wimbledon handicap betting – Handicap bets relate to the score of each set and the overall game. It pertains to the over/under betting odds of a game between tennis players pegged as favourites and the underdogs.
Wimbledon 2018 Betting Tips
Find Wimbledon betting tips today that not only help US punters in identifying tennis games to bet on that add value to their enjoyment of the sport but also minimize risk. It serves no purpose to bet on games that you have no interest in watching. Thus, we’ve provided players with tennis tips to help them make educated bets online:
- Research players and head-to-head matchups. This will give you an impression of how they fared last time and in recent results. Some players come to a Wimbledon tournament on the back of an injury and it affects them after a while.
- Focus on one circuit. Punters should zero-in on either the Men’s or the Women’s circuit so that they can fully immerse themselves in the learning everything they need to know about the game.
- Keep track of your favourites as well as opponent. Tennis bettors should maintain a record of players that are seeded high on the ATP world rankings before the tournament starts and during.
- Context of the Match. Some players have a history of performing optimally during indoor games and struggle with outdoor games. Punters should investigate the context of the match before placing a bet.
These tips are in no way a trick to help punters win without having knowledge of the game. Punters need to have a genuine interest in the game in order to maintain it for the length of the competition. While the tips are a guarantee to make you win, they have provided success for many US punters in the past. Surely it wouldn’t hurt to try out a different betting strategy every now and then. Head over to any of our recommended betting websites and see if you can win today.
Check out our other Tennis guides: