Los Angeles Dodgers vs Los Angeles Angels Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/21/20
The Major League Baseball season is finally nearly upon us. After the COVID-19 pandemic halted the season and lengthy deliberations over whether there would actually be a season, many fans will be happy just to watch “spring training” games. Today, sees the Los Angeles Angels take a trip across town to play the Los Angeles Dodgers.
If the last few spring training matches are anything to go by, the Dodgers look very strong and are favored to take the National League and perhaps even the World Series this year. The Angels come into this game off a win, but they have been struggling to really get going, especially with Anthony Rendon out with soreness. So, who will win this exhibition game between the City of Angels two favorite baseball teams?
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Los Angeles Angels Predictions
Well, you know how it goes – stats and the predictions!
- The Los Angeles Dodgers are expected to be starting Josiah Gray as pitcher. Gray is a young player who was named Dodgers Minor League Pitcher of the Year in 2019. However, he doesn’t have too much experience in the majors. Thus far, he has played two games and posted an ERA of 13.50, which isn’t very promising but also can’t be said to be an accurate reflection of his capabilities.
- The Dodgers come into this game after demolishing the Arizona Diamondbacks 12-1 in Dodger Stadium. The game saw great performances from Chris Taylor and Joc Pederson who seem to be on form for the coming season. However, it was the standout performance by pitcher Julio Urias that was able to secure them the win.
- The Los Angeles Angels come into this game following a narrow 1-0 victory over the San Diego Padres. It is important to mention that before this game, the team kept on racking up high scoring draws against questionable opposition.
- Félix Peña is expected to be the Angels starting pitcher today. Unlike Gray, Peña has some experience in the MLB. Although he was injured for half of the 2019 season, he has a career ERA of 4.49, which shows consistency if nothing else.
Spring training games are usually a bit difficult to predict because usually, teams are testing players in their squad and new combinations, etc. This is exactly the case with Josiah Gray and the Dodgers at in this match.
There is no way to tell how well Gray will do because of his inexperience. And going up against hitters like Mike Trout isn’t going to be easy for any pitcher.
However, to be entirely honest, it does not seem that the Los Angeles Angels are taking the spring training games very seriously either. Or, they really are struggling. And, as such, we think that the best bet in this one is to go with the Dodgers.
If the moneyline seems a little too cheap for you, try the spread as it does not seem to be too risky and still promises an average return.
Bet on This Game Here
More baseball betting news:
- Is Baseball Coming Back In 2020?
- Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 7 Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds – World Series
- Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 6 Preview, Predictions, Picks & Odds – World Series
- Houston Astros at Washington Nationals Game 3 Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/25/19 – World Series
- Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 2 Preview, Predictions & Odds – World Series
- Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 1 Preview, Predictions, Picks & Odds – World Series