NBA prop bets are pretty popular at sportsbooks after the regular season comes to an end. Although there are a number of different prop bets available throughout the season, the most coveted are NBA Finals prop bets as online gambling sites generally tend to introduce all sorts of new variations that aren’t available at any other time. Particularly popular are the NBA Finals player prop bets that focus on specific statistics of each’s team’s star players.
If you would like to find out more about NBA prop bets, make sure to stick around. Below we have a look at what NBA prop bets are, what the most popular lines with our bettors are, and tips to keep in mind when making these bets. We also list all the best sports betting sites for prop bets in the United States. So, read on and find out more about making prop bets on the NBA.
NBA Prop Bet Links
- Make the Best NBA Prop Bets Today
- What is an NBA Prop Bet?
- Top NBA Prop Bets Lines
- Best NBA Prop Betting Tips and Tricks
As briefly touched on above, NBA prop bets are wagers made events to take place during a game and not the result of the game. Although there is a wide variety of prop bets, they all have this particular aspect in common. There are two types of prop bets, which we have briefly outlined below:
- Modern Prop Bets NBA Today – these are more traditional betting lines based on aspects that bettors can actually manage versus random events. Think of metrics such as whether or not a particular player will score more than 30 points in the match, how many assists a particular player may rack up, etc.
- Exotic – these are more of the weird and outlandish bets you tend to hear about in news articles about betting. Think of crazy bets such as a line on whether or not Lebron James will wear a headband. He hasn’t worn one for a long time but who knows, right? These bets are usually only available in the form of NBA finals prop bets or playoffs specific NBA player prop bets.
It is easy to see that with both types of NBA prop bets listed above; gamblers are not predicting the outcome of the game. You could put money on Stephen Curry to score more than 30 points in a game and have the Golden State Warriors lose the game and still win.
Although we will elaborate more on this down below, it is important not to get consumed by prop bets for NBA Finals or the playoffs, as this is usually where NBA betting sites make their money at. They just wait for bettors to make a load of dumb bets that involve little to no research and lose cash on such events.
There are several NBA prop bets available at the best sports betting sites. Some of the options that have proven to be most popular with our bettors include the following:
- Best NBA Player Prop Bets – these are wagers that focus on whether a particular player will be able to complete a particular feat in a game. For example, bettors could bet on Nikola Jokic to hit a double-double in his next match. We will say that most sportsbooks won’t generally offer player prop bets such as this on regular matches.
- NBA All-Star Game Prop Bets – these are prop bets made available on the league’s All-Star Game, which has taken several forms at this point. With the game comprising of the league’s best players, sportsbooks set several interesting prop bets.
- NBA Playoff Prop Bets – it is during this part of the season that NBA props betting becomes extremely popular at betting sites. All of a sudden, there is a load of new player prop bets NBA available in addition to those made in regular games as betting sites are able to focus on specific players and team statistics.
- Top NBA Finals Prop Bets – these are prop bets made available on the NBA Championship. These can be made on players, game statistics, or even events just surrounding the game. There are loads of options available to bettors with the best prop bets NBA Finals being an extremely popular option.
- NBA Draft Prop Bets – although these bets aren’t as popular as the others listed here, NBA draft betting props are available. We’d shy away from making these bets unless you like watching college basketball.
There are some tips to keep in mind when making the best NBA prop bets picks. While we urge you to understand that no tips are going to ensure that you only place winning bets, there are a few that may help you make better bets:
- Focus on Stats – if you are going to be making NBA player prop bets, you need to ensure that you have a good look at the player and their team stats. For example, you want to have a look at average shots made, three-pointers made, etc. While looking at these metrics won’t ensure that you make winning bets, they have been proven to help make more accurate bets on a regular basis.
- Shop for Lines – if you want to make a bet, don’t just make it at the first sportsbook you find it at. Make sure to have a look at the odds being offered at a number of betting sites to ensure that you really are getting the best deal on the line. This is the only way to ensure that you make the most money possible.
- Focus on Select Teams – at the beginning of each season, we suggest that you select a handful of teams and stick to making bets on their games. There is no way you are going to keep track of every single team in the league and as well as the stats of their key players.
Check out our other NBA guides: