The Fibonacci system is one of the most popular negative progression betting systems. As with all negative systems, you are required to increase your bet every time you lose a bet.
While the Fibonacci betting system is not the easiest negative progression system to understand, it is not that difficult to implement. You need to understand a few hard-set rules when adjusting your bet size, but then you can get started. If you want to find out more about using the Fibonacci betting system, stay on this page.
Fibonacci Betting System Guide Contents
- Test Out the Fibonacci Betting System Here
- What is the Fibonacci Betting System?
- How Does the Fibonacci Betting System Work?
- Advantages of the Fibonacci Betting System
- Disadvantages of the Fibonacci Betting System
The Fibonacci betting system is based on the Fibonacci sequence, which started gaining widespread popularity after the 13th century despite being available long before. The system is named after the Italian mathematician Leonardo Pisano, also known as Leonardo of Pisa or Fibonacci. It has since been turned into an online casino betting system.
The sequence starts at 0 and then increases to one thereafter. Following that, the next number becomes the sum of the previous two numbers and can continue infinitely. The first 10 numbers of the sequence are as follows: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34.
The sequence of numbers is very famous for several reasons, such as appearing in many biological settings, including branching trees or the fruit sprouts of a pineapple. Still, we won’t get into that here. (We do implore you to look it up, though, as it is actually quite interesting.)
Many players like to use the Fibonacci betting system when focusing on even money bets in casino games such as roulette, craps, or even while placing sports bets. We have a four-step process if you are looking to try out the system.
We suggest you set a limit for how high you will increase your bet amount before starting the process again. As per usual, we suggest you never increase your bet size to larger than 10% of your total bankroll.
As for the process, we have outlined it down below:
- Begin the sequence by betting one unit – as you can’t start the system by betting zero, you will have to start with a single unit. You determine the value of a unit. For example, if a unit is $10, two units is $20, and so on.
- Go down the sequence when you lose – when you start to drop games, you begin increasing your betting units. Taking the unit amount set above as an example, you start the bet with $10, the second would be $10, and the third would be $20 provided that the losing streak continues.
- Go up the sequence as you win – when you start to win games, you decrease the units you bet based on descending the Fibonacci sequence. So, if your losing streak stops at three, your next bet would need to be $10.
- Bank your money – if you are lucky enough to hit a previously determined goal sum of money, bank it and start the sequence again.
Although we generally advise against using the Fibonacci betting system, there are a few advantages associated with using it:
- Easy to follow – the Fibonacci betting system is relatively easy to follow. Players don’t really need to make equations while you play. It is possible to calculate the sequence before you begin playing a game.
- A steady flow of winnings – if players hit a winning streak, they are guaranteed a steady follow of small profits when their gaming session comes to an end. Provided they don’t go on a losing streak before they end it.
There are some big disadvantages associated with using the Fibonacci betting system. Some to really consider before dedicating yourself to this strategy include:
- You could lose big – the Fibonacci betting system is only a worthwhile betting system; if you have a large bankroll with large limits, you will not be afraid to lose. The problem is that most players don’t have such a bankroll. Most players who use this strategy lose their entire bankroll in a matter of a few bets.
- Bet size increases with each loss – if your losing streak extends a few games, you could be making absolutely massive bets to try and recoup your losses quickly. Even though you could win big with a single winning bet, you are setting up all the conditions needed for a big loss too.
- It does not affect your chance of winning or losing – no betting system affects the odds of the game you play. Only the bets you make do so, as well as the game you choose to play.Only a handful of games allow you to use strategy to lower house edge anyway.