Recently updated on October 27th, 2020
The Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf is one of the few turf races at the World Championships. Added in 2008, the race sees two-year-old fillies duke it out on a one-mile turf stretch for a $1 million prize.
Although European horses generally perform better in turf races, many American horses have won the Juvenile Fillies Turf. In fact, we’d even suggest you avoid betting on foreign horses!
Read on to find out more about betting on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf. We have created a guide with recommended sportsbooks for horse racing & more!
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf Links
- Bet on the Breeders’ Cup Here
- How to Bet on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf
- Juvenile Fillies Turf Betting Tips
- Odds on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf
There are a couple of bets that are standard at online gambling sites focused on horse racing, including:
- Win – a bet on a horse to come first
- Place – a bet on a horse to come first or second
- Show – a bet on a horse to come first, second, or third
- Quinella – a bet on two horses to finish first and second in any order
- Exacta – a bet on two horses to come first and second in a specific order
- Trifecta – a bet on three horse to come first, second, and third in a specific order
Here are some betting tips to help you make better bets on the Juvenile Fillies Turf race:
Look at the Horses Trained by Chad Brown
Trainer Chad Brown holds the record for the most wins on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf. He even won three years in a row from 2016-2018. Needless to say, you need to look at the horses Brown has worked with worth coming into this race because they almost always perform well.
Foreign Horses Don’t Really Perform Well
Unlike the Filly and Mare Turf, only two European horses have won the Juvenile Fillies Turf, which may surprise. European horses usually tend to perform better than American horses in turf races. So, if you are looking for an unforeseen upset by an unsuspected foreign horse, you may want to look elsewhere.
Look for Familiar Jockeys
Irad Ortiz Jr and Javier Castellano have won the Juvenile Fillies Turf a combined total of four times. At the time of writing, that is one-third of all the races. They are familiar names in horse racing because they have both won many races. So, you should look at the horses they are riding too. Bonus points if Chad Brown had trained the horse.
Here are some odds on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf. Since these numbers change like the weather, we recommend that you visit one of our recommended sportsbooks above:
|Editor at Large||+2500|
Check out our other Breeders’ Cup guides: