Juventus vs AC Milan Coppa Italia Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/12/20
A few weeks ago, the thought of Italian soccer making a return in 2020 was somewhat laughable with the COVID19 pandemic raging across the country. But against all the odds, the league and national cup are back and with a big game between Juventus and AC Milan too.
This is the second leg of a two-game semi-final. The first ended in a 1-all draw at Milan. Juventus struggled in that one, scrapping a draw after Cristiano Ronaldo scored a penalty in stoppage time in the second half of the game.
Following a nearly three-month break, it is tough to say which team really has the momentum going into this one. Juventus leads the league in points and will be playing at home, so logic would dictate putting your money on them. But we live in strange times, so anything can happen.
Juventus vs AC Milan Coppa Italia Predictions
So, here are some stats to look at in this one:
- Juventus has been the best team in Italy for some years now. They had won the league for the last nine seasons in a row and won the Coppa Italia four times in a row before Lazio broke that streak last year. They are currently on top of the league table.
- Juventus has a star player in Cristiano Ronaldo. He currently is second in the list of league top scorers and put two at the back of the net in the Coppa Italia. Paulo Dybala has also proven to be very effective in this competition, having scored two as well.
- AC Milan isn’t exactly having the best season. The team is ranked 7th in the league at the moment, with practically no chance of getting to the winning spot. But they still have a chance of making the Champions League if they play well enough.
- Milan will enter this game without Léo Duarte and Zlatan Ibrahimović, which are two big blows to the team’s offense and defense. They will need to rely on Hakan Çalhanoğlu to come up big in this one.
- Before the draw, Juventus had won the last seven games against AC Milan.
So, all teams are backing from a break now that has pretty much destroyed any momentum. Any team really could win this one. We think that on paper, it should be Juventus but the moneyline on them is a bit steep.
Instead, we’d take Juventus for the spread, and if you’re feeling risky, try the under because Italian soccer is not known for being filled with goals.