RCD Mallorca vs. FC Barcelona Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/13/20
The Spanish La Liga will be making a return this weekend along with many other European soccer leagues as the continent finally seems to be recovering from the effects of the coronavirus. One of the first matchups is RCD Mallorca vs. FC Barcelona, which seems to be a big game for both teams.
Mallorca comes into this one stuck in the relegation zone and in need of a win to change this fact. Very little separates the teams in 15th position and 18th position, so a win could see them climb a few spots.
However, Barcelona comes into this one as leaders of the league. They too need to keep their winning streak going if they are to win the league title this year. This one seems pretty easy on paper but following a long unplanned break will things remain the same?
RCD Mallorca vs. FC Barcelona Predictions
Well, before we make any predictions, let’s look at some stats:
- La Liga is one of the more predictable leagues in Europe. Over the last decade, only three teams have won the league, and on seven of those eight occasions, it was Barcelona. They have been able to keep their winning streak going by coming up in small games like this.
- Mallorca is not having a great season. They haven’t been scoring and they concede a lot. Their goal difference stat is at -16 and their top scorer, Ante Budimir, has only found the back of net nine times.
- The team returns with two players (Abdul Rahman Baba and Leonardo Koutris) sitting out due to injuries. Baba has pretty much missed most of the season already but Mallorca is going to have to find a new replacement for Koutris.
- Mallorca is fighting to not be relegated. While this is not the same as trying to win the league, it is just dramatic. Often, games such as these elicit odd results because players know that they have to win for the team to retain their position in top-flight soccer.
- Barcelona is at the top of the table with a total of 58 points. Real Madrid trails by two points so Barcelona needs to keep winning if they want to retain the title. In their last match against 4th placed Real Sociedad, Barcelona struggled a bit but the opposition was much stronger than Mallorca,
- Offensively, the team has been quite strong, but their backline has been letting the team down. Lionel Messi is the top scorer for Barcelona and in the league overall and has scored 19 goals in 27 games.
Barcelona games are kind of hard to bet on. There usually is no point in taking the moneyline unless they are playing Real Madrid or other strong opposition. So, instead you need to look at the spreads and over/unders.
In this one, we say go for the over +3.5 line. Barcelona is just too good a team not to put some past the likes of Mallorca. If you are really feeling risky, we suggest trying a bet on the correct score as well, and going for 4-0.