Tens or Better video poker is a fun casino game that is not only easy to win, but also fun to play. To win, all you have to do is have a pair of tens or better or you will not receive a payout. You will be playing against a machine rather than other players. Tens or Better has smaller payouts. However, that is because the game has more paying hands.
To play Tens or Better online at top casino sites, you have to know how to play Tens or Better. The game is not only about discarding to try to create a winning hand. Players have to understand the various Tens or Better hand ranks and strategy.
To ensure that you have a one of a kind gambling experience, our team has put together a thorough Tens or Better guide.
Page Links for Tens or Better
- Best Casinos to Play Tens or Better
- How to Play Tens or Better
- Paid Hands in Tens and Better
- Tens or Better Poker: Pay Table
- Video Poker Strategy Tens or Better
Playing Tens or Better will be easy if you have played Jacks or better before. This particular online video poker variation is much easier to play as you only need a pair of Tens or Better to get a payout. Learn how to play Tens or Better with these easy steps:
- Sign up to a casino site that offers Tens or Better video poker.
- Fund your account with any of the deposit methods on offer.
- Decide on the amount you will bet each round.
- Click on the ‘deal’ button on the screen.
- You will receive five cards; choose which cards you would like to keep and those you would like to discard.
- If you don’t discard any cards, you will be paid out according to the hand you hold.
- However, if you are discarding cards, click on the cards you would discard to have them changed.
- You will then be paid accordingly to the new hand you hold.
Following the basic rules of Tens or Better, another element of the game that is important to learn is the winning hands. Below you will find each possible hand and what it entails ranked from lowest to highest.
- Tens or Better: the hand includes a pair of 10s, Aces, Jacks, Queens or Kings.
- Two Pair: this hand has any kind of Pair.
- Three of a kind: your hand includes three cards that are the same.
- Straight: a hand that consists of five consecutive cards of any suit.
- Flush: this hand has five cards of the same suit.
- Straight flush: your hand will have five consecutive cards of the same suit.
- Four of a kind: these are four of the same value cards.
- Royal Flush: this is the highest paying hand and includes a 10, Ace, Jack, Queen and King of the same suit.
Depending on the number of coins that you play, your payout will differ. The table may also differ from casino to casino. However, we have included the most popular Tens or Better pay table.
|Hand||1 Coin||2 Coins||3 Coins||4 Coins||5 Coins|
|Four of a kind||25||50||75||100||125|
|Three of a Kind||3||6||9||12||15|
Similar to many casino games, Tens or Better video poker has a strategy players can use to improve their odds. Not only will using a strategy increase your chances of winning, it also be more entertaining.
- Discard all the lower pairs as they will not much help in trying to win. Remember that the lowest winning combination is a pair of tens.
- Should you get dealt cards that won’t create a winning combination, keep the cards with a higher value than 10.
- Try and base your bets on the highest bet according to the pay table. Simply bet five coins all the time if your bankroll allows you to do so.
- If you are dealt a paying hand, it is not advised to break it unless you are a card away for a royal flush.
- If you have a royal flush, straight, four of a kind, full house, and straight you should keep all your cards.
Find more Online Video Poker Guides Here