Philadelphia Phillies vs New York Yankees Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/27/20
The 2020 Major League Baseball season continues. Today’s setlist of games features a matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and the New York Yankees at Citizens Bank Park for what looks to be a potential landslide for one team.
The Phillies enter this game off a high-scoring loss against the Miami Marlins, after blowing a 4-0 lead to lose 6-11. The is the second match they have lost this season, and they will be looking to improve their form.
The New York Yankees enter this game after getting a second win over the Washington Nationals. The team has gone 2-1 so far this season, but have still proven to be one of the favorites to take the American League. Sportsbooks are favoring the team to take this one, but are they right to do so?
Philadelphia Phillies vs New York Yankees Predictions
Well, before we get into the predictions, let’s have a look at few Phillies and Yankees stats and facts:
- Jake Arrieta is favored to start on the mound today for the Phillies. This will be his first game of the season. Arrieta had an average 2019 season, posting an ERA of 4.63 and a win-loss record of 8-8. His career stats are better with a 3.72 ERA and a record of 106-75.
- The Phillies look to have a strong offensive line-up, but they had a hard time against the Marlins after their lead vanished. Throughout the game, the team had players on bases that were unable to score due to substandard performances from the following hitter.
- As mentioned above, the Phillies blew a big lead against the Marlins in their last game. The Marlins have been ravaged by COVID19 infections, so they didn’t field a good team. This calls the quality of the Phillies bullpen; particularly as favored Vince Velasquez had a terrible game.
- The Yankees are projected to be starting J.A. Happ at pitcher in this one. This will be Happ’s first game of the season. He comes off a season where he went 12-8 with an ERA of 4.91. This is higher than his career ERA average of 3.99, so this could mean Happ is in a tough spot at this stage of his career. Especially as he gave a career-record number of home-runs last year.
- The Yankees may have won their last game against the Nationals, but the team isn’t living up to their on-paper potential. (When do they ever do?) They came back from a 2-0 deficit to win the game 2-3, but it was ugly.
- Overall, the Yankees have won slightly more than 66% of their last 82 games. They haven’t faired too well in their few games against a right-handed starter. But this list of games includes matchups against the Astros, where Justin Verlander and Gerrit Cole were pitching. Can the Phillies bullpen be compared?
We say this is an easy one. It is quite clear here that the Yankees, even if they are underperforming in some regard, are favored. The Phillies’ terrible game against the struggling Marlins will make the team want to come back in this one. However, we don’t think that the team has enough in the line of a strong bullpen to keep it going even for a shortened season.
So, go for the Yankees moneyline. It will bring you an average return. But if you want to be slightly riskier with your wager for a larger profit, you can go for the -1.5 runline, which should give you a nice payout.
Bet on This Game Here
More baseball betting news:
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Predictions, Pick, and Odds 7/24/20
- Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/24/20
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/23/20
- Washington Nationals vs New York Yankees Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/23/20
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs Los Angeles Angels Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/21/20