Vancouver Canucks odds of winning anything have been pretty terrible in recent years. The team hasn’t really done all too much in recent years, failing to make the playoffs for four years running and does not seem to be any closer to following their last appearance in the Stanley Cup with their first ever win. That said, the team does seem to be on an upward swing following about half a decade of non-competition, and this hasn’t gone unnoticed by US bettors. Are the Vancouver Canucks the team to back for this year’s Stanley Cup trophy?
If you would like to learn more about betting on the Vancouver Canucks, make sure to keep reading. Below we have highlighted all you need to know about betting on one of Canada’s unluckiest hockey teams. Some of the areas we cover include the team’s odds to win the Stanley Cup, their overall performance history and some interesting stats. We also list the best online gambling sites in the US to place hockey bets at. So, what are you waiting for?
Top Vancouver Canucks Betting Sites
- Top Vancouver Canucks Betting Sites
- Vancouver Canucks Odds to Win Stanley Cup
- Vancouver Canucks’ Performance History
- Interesting Vancouver Canucks Facts
The Vancouver Canucks have had a tough time in the NHL in recent years but they finally seem fit to challenge for a playoff position in the Pacific Division and perhaps take the division itself if the Arizona Coyotes and Vegas Golden Knights have nothing to say about it. Despite a relatively poor start to the season, the team seems to have turned it around. Quite simply, if they are able to keep their form up, they will most likely make the playoffs.
With regards to the Stanley Cup, we are a bit reluctant to bet on the Canucks taking their division, let alone the biggest trophy in the league. Most sports betting sites have set the odds of the Canucks winning this year very low, so there is a chance to make a big wad of cash. However, if you take this bet, we really recommend that you pick a secondary option for a future too as a Canucks win isn’t exactly a sure deal.
The Canucks were originally founded in 1945 and were part of the Pacific Coast Hockey League. They then transferred to the Western Hockey League (WHL) in 1952. In 1970, they moved from the WHL to the NHL.
Although the Canucks have been dominating the Western Conference over the past decade, they have yet to win the Stanley Cup. They’ve emerged as the winners of their division seven times in nine seasons. Additionally, they scored the most goals in the NHL while giving up the fewest in their 2010-11 season.
They won the Clarence S. Campbell Bowl in 1981, 1993, and 2010 seasons. They also took home the President’s Trophy in 2010 and 2011. The Vancouver Canucks have continuously missed the playoffs in recent years, and will do so until they rebuild their blueline and goaltending. They need to nurture and develop their new talent if they want to rise up to their previous levels. If they continue to do so, they may just stand a chance of lifting the Stanley Cup. However, right now, they aren’t bettors’ favorites.
Check out our other NHL Western guides:
Before placing a bet on the Vancouver Canucks, make sure to have a look at the following facts and stats. It may change your strategy for betting on the team:
- The Vancouver Canucks has never won a Stanley Cup trophy. They have made it to the finals on three occasions with the most recent appearance coming in 2011, where they lost 4-3 to the Boston Bruins.
- The team has won the Conference Championship three times with the most recent being in 2011. They have not made the finals on any other occasion.
- The team has won 10 division championship titles with the most recent being in the 2012-13 season.
- They have won two Presidents’ Trophy titles in back-to-back seasons. The first title came in the year of their last Stanley Cup appearance (2011).
- In the last decade, they have made the playoffs on five occasions. It is important to note though that they are currently on four-season absence streak.