Chelsea vs Norwich City Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/14/20
The English Premier League is finally reaching the final stages of the season with Week 36 featuring a matchup between Chelsea and Norwich City. Although Liverpool has already won the league, seven teams still have a chance of qualifying for the UEFA Champions League. Chelsea currently sits in third position but can easily be displaced by Manchester United or Leicester City if results don’t go their way.
Norwich City enters this matchup already having been relegated to the Championship. To say that the team had a terrible season would be an understatement. The team was able to pick up some big wins this season, but more often than not, they’ve been the league’s punching bag. Is the result of this game as easy to predict as it appears to be?
Chelsea vs Norwich City Predictions
Well, before we get into the predictions, here are some things about these two teams you have got to keep in mind:
- Chelsea enters this game following a 3-0 loss to Sheffield United. Sheffield is one of the seven teams that still have a chance of qualifying for the Champions League if results go their way. However, this loss for Chelsea wasn’t a single incident against a competitive team – it came in a spate of questionable results in the last few matches, including very narrow wins.
- In their last five matches, Chelsea has conceded seven goals. The team clearly has a problem in their backline, with manager Frank Lampard even going so far as to say that the team has a “communication problem”.
- Norwich City enters the game on a seven-game losing streak. Their last match saw them thrashed 4-0 by West Ham United who also happens to be fighting against relegation. The team just isn’t in a good place right now.
- Norwich City seems to be a surprising team despite their poor performances. Somehow, they often manage to put good displays against some of the league’s best teams. This season has already seen them get wins over Tottenham Hotspur and Leicester City in addition to putting up a good fight against Liverpool earlier in the year.
- Overall, Chelsea and Norwich City have played each other 12 times. Chelsea has won a total of 8 times, and Norwich City has never won a match. So, this doesn’t bode well for them.
Theoretically, this should be an easy prediction. Chelsea is in third place, and Norwich City has already been relegated. So, Chelsea should win, right?
But if Chelsea’s recent list of results says anything, it is that the team is not playing very well. Especially if the manager even admits as such.
Overall, we think Chelsea will win, but this moneyline won’t win you much. You are going to have to look at the spread and hope that they win by more than 2.5 goals. Alternatively, if you are feeling very risky, you can look at the correct score bet and go for 4:0. Norwich City has a knack for letting four in a game.
Bet on This Game Here
More soccer betting news:
- Los Angeles Galaxy vs Portland Timbers Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/13/20
- New York Red Bulls vs Atlanta United Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/11/20
- Seattle Sounders vs San Jose Earthquakes Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/10/20
- Tottenham vs Everton Prediction, Picks & Odds 7/6/20
- Wolves vs Arsenal Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/4/20