New York Red Bulls vs Atlanta United Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/11/20
The MLS is Back Tournament continues on Saturday with the New York Red Bulls taking on Atlanta United. Before the season came to a halt, both these teams had been on undefeated streaks. Atlanta United was able to rack up two wins against Nashville SC and FC Cincinnati. It’s hard to gauge the team’s strength off of these two wins as both teams are very new to the league.
The New York Red Bulls come into this game off a win and a draw at the beginning of the season. They also racked up a win over FC Cincinnati but drew with Real Salt Lake. Despite the Red Bulls never having won the MLS Cup, the team has proven to be pretty strong regular season opposition and are never a team to doubt. So, who will take it in this one?
Atlanta United vs New York Red Bulls Predictions
So, before we get into the predictions, here are some stats and facts to have a look at before committing your money:
- Atlanta United enter this season following a relatively successful 2019 campaign. Although they did not win a domestic title, they did lift the Campeones Cup, place third overall in the MLS and make it the Conference Finals. In short, they are a very good team.
- Ezequiel Barco is the team’s top scorer so far with two goals. He is backed up by Pity Martínez who racked up two assists. By all accounts, the team looks very capable of scoring.
- The New York Red Bulls made it through the MLS playoffs last year, but they were knocked out in the First Round. As mentioned above, the team isn’t that bad at making it through to the playoffs, they just have terrible luck when they make it to that stage of the game.
- Players to look out for in the Red Bulls squad include right-back Kyle Duncan and midfielder Florian Valot who have proven themselves capable of making great offensive plays.
- Head-to-head, the New York Red Bulls have the edge. The two teams have played each other 8 times. The Red Bulls have won 5 times whereas Atlanta United have only won once. The last five have ended 3-1-1 in favor of the Red Bulls.
This is a hard one because these are two good teams in the MLS. Although the Red Bulls do underperform during the playoffs, they are fully capable of winning big games throughout the regular season.
Atlanta United seems very strong at the moment, though. Since joining the league, their squad has been competent and it appears as if the trend is going to continue this year. So, we say go for the Atlanta United moneyline. You can still get a good return betting on the favorite in this one.
Bet on This Game Here
More soccer betting news:
- Seattle Sounders vs San Jose Earthquakes Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/10/20
- Tottenham vs Everton Prediction, Picks & Odds 7/6/20
- Wolves vs Arsenal Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/4/20
- Norwich City vs Manchester United Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/27/20
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/25/20