Minnesota United vs Real Salt Lake Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/17/20
The MLS is Back Tournament continues with a big match in Group C with Minnesota United vs Real Salt Lake. Both of these teams enter this matchup undefeated so far, but both have also played one game.
This season has seen Minnesota United get some big wins over some big teams before play was brought to a halt by the global pandemic, including wins over the Portland Timbers and the San Jose Earthquakes. Probably, the biggest thing to note here is that they don’t seem to have an issue with scoring.
Real Salt Lake didn’t have as successful a start to the year as Minnesota United. They’re still undefeated for the year, but two of their games ended in draws against rather questionable opposition. So, who has the edge in this matchup between two undefeated teams?
Minnesota United vs Real Salt Lake Predictions
Well, before we get into the prediction, here are some of the stats and facts we took a look at:
- As mentioned above, Minnesota United has played three games this year in the two formats of the MLS, and they have won all their games. Also, they don’t seem to have a problem scoring. They have put the ball in the back at least three times in a game twice so far.
- That being said, the team was lucky to beat Sporting KC in their last game. After all, in their previous game, they scrapped the win after Sporting KC, unfortunately, scored an own goal in the dying minutes of the match, and Kevin Molino got a goal after 8 minutes of injury time.
- Real Salt Lake enter this game following a win over the Colorado Rapids. Before this, they had started the season in a rather average manner, getting draws against Orlando City and the New York Red Bulls.
- Real Salt Lake enter the season following a strong performance last season, which saw them make the playoffs but get knocked out on the Conference Semi-Finals. Overall, they will be looking to take advantage of the league’s new “sprint” rather than “marathon” format.
- Real Salt Lake and Minnesota United have played each other 7 times. In total, Real Salt Lake has won one game, and Minnesota United has won 4 games.
Well, this one really could go either way. However, there is no denying that Minnesota United has been playing well and that they know how to score goals. Although Real Salt Lake is also undefeated for 2020, we’re going to go with Minnesota on this one for a somewhat respectable moneyline payout.
Bet on This Game Here
More soccer betting news:
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester United Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/16/20
- Arsenal vs Liverpool Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/15/20
- Chelsea vs Norwich City Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/14/20
- Los Angeles Galaxy vs Portland Timbers Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/13/20
- New York Red Bulls vs Atlanta United Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/11/20