Match bonus offers are the most popular promotions run at online casinos. While percentages may confuse some players, these deals see cash added to your bankroll. The best deposit match casino bonus offers see hundreds, sometimes even thousands of dollars gifted to you.
More money means more playing time, which directly translates into more opportunities to win. However, while some casino match deposit offers may seem to promise you the world, some may be more trouble than they are worth. If you want to find out more about casino deposit bonus offers, read on.
Match Bonus Contents
- Top Match Bonus Casinos
- What are Match Bonuses?
- How to Redeem Casino Match Bonus Codes
- Types of Match Bonuses
- Match Bonus Terms & Conditions Explained
- Best Online Casino Match Bonus FAQs
As mentioned above, match bonuses are the most popular promotional offers available at online casinos. This type of casino bonus sees casinos match a player deposit by a certain percentage.
So, let’s say a casino runs a 200% match bonus promotion on all deposits made by existing players. If you make a $100 deposit, the casino will provide you with an additional $200 in bonus money. This means your total bankroll is $400.
An important thing to note about match bonuses is that there are no set percentages for these offers. You may see some casinos running match bonuses with percentages at 25% and others at 100% more. Casinos also attach wagering requirements to every bonus, which must be met before you withdraw.
Claiming a match casino bonus is easy! If you’re feeling a bit unsure, we’ve got a guide on how to do so below, which explains everything you need to do in a few steps:
- Navigate to your preferred gambling site and log in to your account.
- Once you’re logged in, make your way to the casino’s banking section.
- Select your preferred banking method and input the amount you would like to deposit.
- If a match bonus promotion is running, the casino will ask you if you want to accept the bonus by asking you with a yes/no prompt or requiring you to input a deposit match bonus casino code.
- Once you have finished inputting all the data, select the “submit” option. If you have selected a banking method that is instantly processed, you should be ready to play.
There are two prevalent forms of match bonuses:
- Welcome bonus – these are promotional offers extended to players upon first joining a casino. Generally, these offers tend to have the highest match percentage you’ll ever see in a bonus as it acts as an incentive for players to join the casino. Often, casinos distribute the bonus using a tier-like structure over several deposits.
- Reload bonus – these are bonus deals made available to existing players to make more deposits. These offers will not be available every time you reload your account. From time to time, casinos will run a promotion. It may be random or weekly, monthly, or even bi-monthly.
As mentioned in our wagering requirements guide, terms and conditions are attached to all bonuses.
No casino is ever going to give you free money without restrictions. As such, we recommend you look at the conditions listed below before accepting any match bonus:
- Minimum deposit – most casinos require you to meet a minimum deposit amount to qualify for a bonus. Usually, this is about $25 to $35.
- Wagering requirements – this is the number of times you will need to wager bonus cash before you can cash out. So, let’s say you get a $100 bonus with a 30x wagering requirement attached. You will need to wager $3000 before you can cash out the bonus.
- Allocated casino games – not all casinos allow players to use bonuses on whichever game they choose. Before gambling with your bonus cash, always check which games it can be used on. You don’t want to play the wrong game mistakenly and then find out you have invalidated your bonus money.
- A general rule of thumb: most casinos won’t allow you to play table games with your bonus amount. Usually, they will either allocate a specific set of slot games. Sometimes, the site may include video poker games in the list of eligible games.
- Cash term – if you try to cash out your online casino match deposit bonus before you have met your wagering requirements, you will invalidate your bonus and lose it.
High Roller Terms
It is also important to note that bonus terms and conditions are affected by your status in the casino’s loyalty program—generally, the better your status in the program, the bigger your bonuses.
High rollers usually get better bonus requirements and bigger bonuses. For example, if the standard casino offer provides players with 20 free spins, the high roller offer may provide players with 100 free spins.
From a match perspective, this could also mean higher percentages. For example, if the standard bonus has a match percentage of 50%, the high roller bonus could have a percentage of 100%.
High rollers may be required to deposit more cash to qualify for a bonus offer than a regular player because of their status. Some people may see this as a drawback, but the casino offers these players lower wagering requirements on their offers, which somewhat evens out.
Yes, it is. However, as we get into the next question, it is money that comes with conditions. You will never get a bonus from the casino and immediately be able to withdraw it.
Yes, they do. No casino will provide players with free money with no strings attached, so the best thing to do is look for offers with the best wagering requirements. Good wagering requirements mean high match percentages, low playthrough requirements, no cashout limits, and limited game restrictions.
Also, quality over quantity is important when it comes to bonuses. Some casino sites will try to bedazzle you with lots of offers, but all of the deals will be bad.
Well, we generally tend to think that they are. We recommend that players shop around for bonuses by looking at the wagering requirements associated with each one and picking the one that seems the most reasonable.
If you do not want a bonus added to your account, you do have the option of opting out of the bonus. Many players do not wish to have a bonus added to their account because they don’t want to meet the bonus conditions.
As the answer to this question is forever changing, we always recommend that our players look at our recommended casinos list. When we review them, we take time to look at all the bonus offers they have and whether they are worthwhile. We can honestly say that they have the best match bonuses.
No, you cannot. If you try to do so, your bonus will be voided, and you will have lost extra money to play with. We strongly recommend that you not try to cheat the casino by doing this as it is a waste of time.
Check out our other casino bonus guides: