Chelsea vs Manchester City Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/25/20
The English Premier League returned with a load of big fixtures still on the cards. Tonight’s set of matches sees Chelsea take on Manchester City at Stamford Bridge in south London. With both teams currently placed in the top four, theoretically, this should be a competitive game. However, Chelsea’s sloppy performance against the 19th placed Aston Villa on Sunday has raised some doubts.
Manchester City comes into this game following two massive wins in which they scored a total of eight goals. One of the games was against Arsenal, who may not be the team they used to be but still isn’t easy to win against.
While a quick look at events since the league restart says that Manchester City maybe the team to favor, you should never really count out Chelsea. (Just ask Bayern Munich.)
Chelsea vs Manchester City Predictions
Before we get into the predictions, here is a look at some of the important stats in this one:
- Chelsea come into this game following a 2-1 win against Aston Villa. The team struggled in the first half, even going a goal down at one point. But they came back in the second half more determined, scoring two goals to win the game. Aston Villa is a struggling team; if the same narrative takes place against Manchester City, they will make Chelsea suffer for it.
- Tammy Abraham is Chelsea’s top scorer this season. He did not show up against Aston Villa, but he has had some stellar performances this season. He currently holds the record for the youngest player to score a hattrick in the Premier League.
- Chelsea has struggled a bit this year, and currently, their bid for Champions League soccer is under threat from both Manchester United and Wolves. They need to keep winning if they are going to keep this spot.
- Manchester City comes into this game on a winning streak. It really appears that the break did them well, seeing as their last match before it they had lost to Manchester United. They have scored a lot with Phil Foden and Riyad Mahrez, really putting up some good performances for the team.
- Chelsea and Manchester City have met each other a total of 149 times in the league. In total Chelsea have won 60 times and City have won 50 times. In the last five matches, Man City have won four and Chelsea only one. One of these meetings include a 6-0 thrashing in 2019.
Overall, we think that any other year and Manchester City would have had a good chance of taking the league right now. Unfortunately, Liverpool just proved to be too good this year. The same cannot be said for Chelsea, even though they are in 4th place on the log.
We think that Manchester City is going to win this one even though it is away from home. It will probably be a close game, though. In line with bets, we say take your chance on the spread on Man City. If you feeling risky, try the over three.
Bet on This Game Here
More soccer betting news:
- Southampton vs Arsenal Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/25/20
- Tottenham Vs West Ham Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/23/20
- Manchester City Vs Burnley Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/22/20
- West Ham United Vs Wolverhampton Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/20/20
- Southampton vs. Norwich City Preview, Odds & Predictions 6/19/20