Norwich City vs Manchester United Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/27/20
In Saturday’s FA Cup action, we see Norwich City go up against Manchester United. By all accounts, this seems like an easy prediction.
Norwich City comes into this one following a spate of losses. Although they have managed to pick up surprising wins at times. Before the break, they beat Leicester City and Tottenham in back-to-back games. However, their last two have seen them go down to mid-table opposition in the form of Everton and Southampton.
Manchester United came back from the break in good form. Although their first game saw them draw against Tottenham, it really looked as if they could have won that game. They followed that performance with a 3-0 win over 8th placed Sheffield United.
The FA Cup is a little different than league games and often brings out better performances from smaller teams. It is a whole lot less predictable. Norwich City already beat Tottenham to make it into the quarterfinals. So, who will take it in this one?
Norwich City vs Manchester United Predictions
Well, you know how it goes, let’s look at some of the stats before we get into the predictions.
- Norwich City is the last-placed team in the English Premier League. They still have a chance of scrapping themselves out of the hole they have dug themselves, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. So, they may be focusing more energy on getting winning the FA Cup, which is still within their grasp and this may explain the losses against Everton and Southampton.
- The game is going to be played in a single-elimination format as per the COVID19 restart rules. Norwich City took Tottenham out on penalties, and they may be looking to do the same against Manchester United. So, they may be looking to play a little more defensively.
- The Canaries’ top scorer Teemu Pukki was recently labelled as not fit for Scottish football. So, that may be an indicator of the level of confidence in the team’s capabilities.
- Manchester United have come back in stable form, but they have had on-again, off-again season. Their last match against Sheffield United saw the team perform very well. Anthony Martial played very well. And, everyone has been waiting to see how well Marcus Rashford, Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba link up together after Pogba’s return from injury.
- Manchester United have to win either the FA Cup or Europa League if they want anything in their trophy cabinet this season. With European games set to start a long time away from now, they will be able to focus a lot of their energy on the FA Cup and Premier League.
We think that the writing is on the wall for Norwich City. They may have been able to get a fluke win over Tottenham, but they would have to be really lucky to get another over Manchester United. As a result, the moneyline on this one is quite poor, so abandon it.
Instead, go for the spread on Manchester United. You should see better returns on that. Also, you can try your luck on a 0-3 total score in favor of United.