Tottenham Vs West Ham Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/23/20
The second match week of the English Premier League since it returned sees a big London derby with Tottenham vs West Ham. There is quite a bit to play for in this match for both teams, so it is sure to be an entertaining game to watch.
Spurs are playing for a chance to qualify for European soccer next season; either the Champions League or Europa League. They underperformed against Manchester United, so their form remains on the doubtful side.
West Ham is simply fighting to stay in the Premier League at this point. Following a loss against Wolves on Saturday, the team needs to hope that neither Bournemouth nor Aston Villa can pick up wins in their coming matches to stay out of the relegation zone.
The fight to stay in top-flight soccer often elicits great performances from struggling teams. Will West Ham show up in this one?
Tottenham Hotspur Vs West Ham United Predictions
Well, before we get to the predictions, let’s have a look at some of the stats in this one:
- Tottenham comes into this one following a 1-1 draw against Manchester United. Although Tottenham was able to get an early goal, the team really struggled against the onslaught of attacks that went their way. This makes the team seem pretty fragile despite manager José Mourinho suggesting otherwise.
- Harry Kane and Son Heung-min will both be looking to show up in this one following a substandard showing against Manchester United. Kane had been playing relatively well before he got injured and he will be looking to get back to such form.
- West Ham losing to Wolves isn’t exactly a surprise. Wolves is on the brink of qualifying for the Champions League for the first time in more than 60 years. West Ham looked as if they were going to give them a good game in the first half but completely fell a part in the second half. This may be an issue as it seems that there aren’t players available to lead both iterations of the team due to all the subs that need to be made due to COVID19 regulations.
- Overall, Tottenham has the edge in head-to-heads with West Ham. The two teams have met 213 times, and Spurs have won 97 times. The Hammers have won 64 times. In the last five, Tottenham has won three, West Ham one and the other ended in a draw.
So, this one seems like it isn’t that hard. Although Tottenham is struggling to show that they are a dominant team, we think that West Ham is caving under relegation pressure. The Hammers didn’t show up against Wolves, and we think this will be true against Spurs as well.
We say go for the spread on this one for a chance to win a pretty sum. If you are feeling risky, we think that this one is going to end 2-0 to Tottenham.
Bet on This Game Here
More soccer betting news:
- Manchester City Vs Burnley Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/22/20
- West Ham United Vs Wolverhampton Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/20/20
- Southampton vs. Norwich City Preview, Odds & Predictions 6/19/20
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Man United Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/19/20
- Man City vs Arsenal Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/17/20