If you’re into video games and esports betting, you have probably heard of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CSGO) before. Since its release in 2012, the game has grown to become one of the biggest names in the esports industry. Naturally, CSGO betting is very popular at online gambling sites because of this. You can bet that a professional match that involves single elimination, is only made that much more exciting by placing a real money wager on it.
If you would like to find out more about betting on CSGO games online for real money, make sure to keep reading. On this page, we have created a guide to CSGO bets. Below we have a look at the types of wagers you can make on matches as well as some betting tips. We also list some of the top sports betting sites for esports bets. So, what are you waiting for?
CSGO Betting Links
- Where to Bet on CSGO
- What is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive?
- CSGO Match Betting – Lines Explained
- How to Win CSGO Bets – Tips
- Bets CSGO – FAQs
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (also known as CSGO) is a multiplayer first-person shooter game. It was developed by Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment released in 2012. The game sees two teams of players go up against each other with the aim of eliminating the opposing force and completing a set of goals. For example, members of the “Terrorist” squad will need to plant a bomb in some game modes, and the “Counter-Terrorist” squad will need to defuse it.
The game’s core gameplay mechanics are heavily focused on skill and teamwork, which is what makes it a good title for esports. In addition, gameplay experiences are very exciting, which is what has allowed the game to remain popular since its release eight years ago. In recent years, it has become free-to-play, meaning that now anyone is able to play the game i.e. more players.
Here is a list of all the most popular lines at CSGO esports betting sites:
- Map Winner – this is a bet placed on the outright winner of a single game in a series. For example, you could bet on Team Liquid to win the second match in a series against FaZe. We don’t generally recommend making these bets as they are very hard to get correct.
- Series Winner – with this bet, gamblers predict the winner of a series of matches. In a professional league, teams usually compete by playing a series of three or five matches.
- Futures – here, bettors predict the victor of a tournament, such as the CSGO Major Championships.
- Spreads – with these lines, the sportsbook declares a favorite and an underdog. The favorite is given a scoreline that they need to win by if bets on them are to be successful. The whole idea of spreads is to even the odds a little.
- Props – these bets focus on events taking place in a match rather than the outcome of the match overall. Examples of such bets include first kill and the player that will record the most kills.
There are couple of things beginner esports bettors need to consider when wagering on CSGO. Here are some tips to help you become a more successful bettor:
- You won’t win every bet – just as in regular sports, there is no strategy that will ensure that you win every single bet you make on a CSGO game. Sometimes, you just need to learn to accept your losses.
- Research, research, research – you need to research the teams and players involved in a professional CSGO game. This is the only way to feel truly confident in your betting decision. You understand the strengths and weaknesses of the players involved as well as whether history is in favor or against the team you would like to bet on. We recommend checking our Reddit for some advice.
- Watch games – make sure to watch games. By seeing how teams perform, you get first hand experience of their strengths and weaknesses, which will allow you to make better bets in future.
- Understand how odds work – it is imperative that you understand how much you stand to gain by betting on a game. While it is fine to bet on the favorite to win sometimes, you need to ensure that it is actually a risk worth taking. For example, betting $100 to win $10 profit isn’t worth the risk. However, betting $100 to win $80 profit may be worth it to some gamblers.
Check out our other esports guides:
What is CSGO betting?
CSGO betting involves betting on the outcome or events within a professional CSGO match. Many online sportsbooks allow gamblers to bet on the esport.
Is CSGO gambling illegal?
Betting on CSGO matches is not illegal. However, the Valve Corporation has banned skin gambling due to the activity being linked to a number of fraudulent networks. Although players will not face legal charges for betting on skins, they will be banned from playing the game.
What is skin betting?
Skin betting allowed CSGO bettors to use virtual goods – in this case, a skin for a weapon – to bet on the outcome of games. The activity supposedly led to match-fixing within the ESL CSGO league which then saw the Valve Corporation intervene and ban all forms of skin betting.
How do you bet in CSGO?
Gamblers can bet on CSGO in the same way that they bet on other sports. They can pick the winner of a match or tournament, place over/unders on kills and place props on teams or players to rack up the most kills.
While many of these bets may have names unfamiliar to sports bettors more familiar with wagering on traditional sports, they all follow the same principles.
What is the best CSGO gambling site?
The best CSGO betting sites are as follows:
Who owns CSGO?
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is owned by the Valve Corporation – the parent company of the digital market place Steam and publisher of other titles, such as Dota 2 and Half-Life.