Ubsioft’s Rainbow Six franchise is a relative newcomer to the esports scene. Whereas some video game franchises already have near a decade or more in the industry, Rainbow Six has less than a handful. In fact, Rainbow Six only started being taken seriously as an esport after the latest instalment in the series, Siege, started getting popular in 2016. It seems very natural with the game requiring players to be very tactical and engage in big acts of teamwork. And just as with any esport, it is possible to bet on professional Rainbow Six matches.
If you would like to find out more about betting on Rainbow Six esports tournaments, make sure to keep it here. Below we go through all you need to know about betting the game. This includes a list of betting options available online, as well as some betting tips to keep in mind when betting on the game. We also list online gambling sites with the best esports lines for your convenience. So, what are you waiting for?
Rainbow Six Betting Links
- Where to Bet on Rainbow Six Siege
- What is Rainbow Six?
- How to Bet on Rainbow Six
- Rainbow Six Bet: Tips
- Online Rainbow Six Betting – FAQs
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six is a multiplayer first-person shooter video game series published by Ubisoft based on the novel of the same name. The series of games sees players take control of a counter-terrorist team and accomplish a specific goal (like protecting hostages or simply eliminating the enemy team).
As opposed to other games in the first-person genre (which are more aggressive), Rainbow Six games force players to think more tactically. Gameplay mechanics are focused more on teamwork and stealth, creating for a very tense environment that few games are able to emulate.
With teamwork and strategy being two key components of gameplay, competition is a prominent feature of the overall experience. The popularity of the most recent installment in the series (Rainbow Six Siege) has led Ubisoft to launch professional esports tournaments for the game. The most popular is probably the Pro League with the Six Invitational coming in as a close second.
If you are a huge Rainbow Six fan, as well as a gambler, you may find the prospect of betting on professional games appealing. Well, you can do just that at the top sports betting sites.
Rainbow Six betting lines tend to be a bit more limited than in other esports markets. The reason is that sportsbooks often have a hard time calculating the odds for props or spreads due to the unpredictability of the game.
Thus, there are only two really popular betting lines available on Rainbow Six games, and these are the following:
- Match Winner – as the name pretty much already states, this bet entails predicting the winner of a singular match. As esports games are usually played as a series, it could also entail predicting the winner of a series.
- Tournament Winner – with this bet, gamblers try to predict the winner of a tournament long before the actual game is played. These bets tend to offer big payouts but are harder to get correct because of the unpredictability of any sporting event.
Rainbow Six is not really all that similar to many of the other team-based multiplayer games out there, which means you may have to focus on different aspects of the game to make good bets. Here are some of our pro betting tips:
- Understand how the game is played – as just stated, Rainbow Six is not as aggressive as games like Call of Duty. So, players need to be more tactical with the operators that they choose and for which game mode. You should be able to tell that if a player picks Fuze in a hostage situation, they aren’t serious about the game.
- Watch tournaments – the only way to know which teams are good and which aren’t is to watch tournaments. This means both local and global tournaments. Often, you may be able to find a good future by watching smaller leagues and identifying a dark horse.
- Plan your bets – make sure that you aren’t just betting on any league game out there. You need to research every bet you place to make sure that you are actually making the right decision.
- Study player form – regardless of the sport, players go through ups and downs, and it is usually possible to tell when these momentum shifts will impact the result of a tournament.
Check out our other esports betting guides:
Here are the best Rainbow Six betting sites:
3. GT Bets
Yes and no. This depends on the sports betting laws in the area you live in. In some states, it is illegal to bet on sports, whereas in others, it is legal. Just make sure to check before placing your first wager.
You can bet on a wide range of tournaments, including the Pro League and Six Invitational. Betting options are not only limited to big tournaments. Gamblers can also bet on smaller competitions at most sportsbooks.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is one of the few multiplayer games that was actually able to come back from the dead. Although the game had a disastrous release in 2015, it has crawled back from the depths of irrelevance to become one of the most played multiplayer games available. Today, there are more than 50 million people who have played the game.
Yes, there will be. Rainbow Six Quarantine is due to be released sometime in the fourth quarter of 2020 for all compatible platforms.