Over the past few years, Fortnite has become one of the biggest hits in the video gaming industry, with practically everybody from your kid cousin to your dad playing the game. Many players have made profitable careers out of the game, with famous competitors and streamers such as Ninja, now worth more than $10 million. Naturally, the phenomenon has led to the creation of professional tournaments, which has given rise to Fortnite betting options at the biggest esports gambling sites.
You can now mesh the entertainment from this highly competitive game with the exciting world of sports betting. Below we have created the ultimate guide to betting on Fortnite online. We have a look at how the game works and the types of betting lines players can expect to find available at top online gambling sites. Then, we provide gamblers with some good betting tips to think on when placing their wagers.
Fortnite Betting Links
- Bet on Fortnite Games
- Fortnite Bet – How the Game Works
- Fortnite Betting Lines
- Top Fortnite Betting Tips
- Online Fortnite Betting FAQs
Fortnite is a battle-royale game developed by Epic Games. Originally released in 2017, the game started our as a co-op game that would see players try to survive hordes of zombie-like creatures by building defenses. The game failed to break any ground with this mode, which led Epic Games to add a free-to-play battle royale mode to the title.
The game mode consists of the gameplay mechanics associated with a regular battle-royale game. Players enter the map solo or with a group of teammates and then try to outlast all the other players or teams. However, Fortnite adds a twist to the experience by introducing the chance to build defenses at any given time. The result of this is a game that requires players to think and fast, whether it be by building or shooting.
The title really provides players with an exhilarating experience. Exciting gameplay combined with the fact that the game is free-to-access has resulted in Fortnite garnering a massive fanbase. Professional leagues based on the game have been created with the best players stepping up to show their stuff. It is now possible to make watching tournaments based on the game even more exciting with sports bets.
As with most esports, Fortnite betting lines are very similar to regular sports betting lines with small differences at times. Here is a list of the most popular lines available at top online sportsbooks:
- Match Winner – this is the easiest bet you can place on a game. You are simply predicting who will win the game.
- Tournament Winner – known as a future bet in regular sports. You are predicting which player or team will win a tournament overall.
- First Kill – this bet may seem a bit weird to gamblers who tend to focus on regular sports but it is just another way of saying who will score first. You are predicting which player will get the first kill in a game.
- Most Kills (Player) – this bet involves predicting which player in a game will get the highest number of kills.
- Most Kills (Number) – not to be confused with the bet outlined above, this bet involves predicting the highest number of kills any player in the game will get. Think of it as an over/under for Fortnite.
If you are going to bet on Fortnite, here is some tips and tricks to keep in mind that you may find useful:
- Follow Streamers – there are a few really good players in the world of Fortnite and most of them have Twitch, YouTube or Mixer channels. Well, we recommend that you keep up-to-date with these players so that you are aware of their skill and abilities. This will help you make better bets.
- Follow eSports Organizations – there are a load of esports teams with a Fortnite squad. We suggest you familiarize yourself with the teams that have been known to have better squads.
- Analyze Well-Known Solo Players – there are a couple of players in Fortnite who are always worth a good future. These include Ninja, TheMyth, iDanstarr, Daequan and FaZe TFue. However, this list is always changing so be sure to be on the lookout for new up and coming stars.
- Know the Map and Weapons – just as with any esport, to make educated bets, you need to understand how the game works. This will help make better in-play bets as you a player’s competitive advantage becomes more apparent.
Check out our other esports guides: