The global sports betting market is estimated to be worth around $104 billion and is expected to grow by 50% over the next five years. Why is sports betting so popular? Well, it is one of the oldest and easiest forms of gambling! In addition, sport is one of the most popular forms of entertainment. Matches in huge leagues, such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and, English Premier League draw in hundreds of millions of viewers each season.
To place a sports bet, all you need to do is watch a professional match and wager money on an outcome you think is likely. If you guess correctly, you win the wager and, therefore, a cash prize. It really is as simple as that!
If you are looking to get started in this exciting area of gambling, here at Gambling360.com, we provide gamblers with access to the best online sports betting sites. Within mere minutes, you will be wagering on any sporting event you can think of.
We aim to provide gamblers with great experiences by looking for sports betting sites with the following attributes:
- A variety of betting lines
- Competitive odds
- Good bonuses and free bets
So, check out what we have to offer you, and make your online betting experience a winning one!
Sports Betting Links
- Top-Ranked Sports Betting Sites
- Sports Betting Explained: How Does it Work?
- States with Legal Online Sports Betting
- Honest Sports Betting Sites – How to Choose Sportsbooks
- Best Sports Betting App
- Top 10 Online Sports Betting Sites
- Online Sports Betting: How to Create an Account
- How to Make a Deposit
- How to Cash Out
- Sports Betting Picks
- Best Sports Bets of the Day!
- Types of Sports Bets
- Sport Betting Odds
- Sport Betting Tips
- Top Sports to Bet On
- Popular Sports Betting Options
- Sports Betting Bonuses
- Popular Sports Betting Guides
- Sports Betting Terminology
- Sports Bets – FAQs
Legal online sports betting is still a work in progress. After all, SCOTUS only repealed the federal ban this form of gambling in 2018. Thus far, only a couple of states have legalized the activity but the number is increasing. Here are some of the states that have legalized sports betting:
Sports betting was legalized in Pennsylvania in 2019. Since the launch of the first betting app, a few others, such as Bet Rivers and Parx, have joined the mix too!
The Hoosier state was quick to adopt sports betting following the SCOTUS announcement. Currently, there are three sites operating in the state: DraftKings, FanDuel and Bet Rivers.
New Jersey was ready and waiting to offer their residents the opportunity to bet on sports online. Since legalizing online sports betting in June 2018, a total of 13 betting apps have launched, with the most popular being DraftKings and FanDuel.
Residents of New York do not have to go to Atlantic City to place bets on their favorite sports. As far as states with legal sports betting, New York has loads of sportsbooks, including FanDuel, DraftKings, and Rivers.
Legislature has been passed that has made sports betting legal in Illinois.
Iowa legalized sports betting in May 2019. Since then, two sportsbooks have launched in the area: DraftKings and PointsBet.
The SCOTUS decision didn’t really impact Nevada as it has always been legal to bet on sports in the state. Casinos and sportsbooks used geolocation applications to ensure that only bettors within the state were making wagers.
Other States with Sports Betting
There are a couple of other states that have legalized online sports betting; some of which even seemed unlikely. Other states include:
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia
When looking at different sports betting sites online, there are several factors that you must consider before you begin. You can’t just sign up to Bovada just because your friend says you should. You need to do your research.
Here are all the factors you need to look at before making your first deposit:
Step 1 – Bonuses
When picking a sportsbook, you must consider several factors. You can’t just sign up to Bovada sports betting because your friend says you should. You need to do your research. Here are all the factors you need to look at before making your first deposit:
Step 1 – Bonuses
Many betting sites offer signup bonuses. Each site has its own offer, so you need to decide which one works best for you. Generally, to redeem your signup bonus, you must input a bonus code during the sign-up process.
Make sure to read through the terms and conditions attached to a bonus before accepting it. You may find that some bonuses are more trouble than they are worth.
Step 2 – Compare Odds
During your search, you need to answer the following questions in relation to odds:
- Which sports betting websites offer better prices?
- What site is the most generous in offering refunds for void bets?
This is a good way of gauging which sportsbooks offer the most value. Most are very similar, so you should delve deep to find the minor differences that make one site better than the other.
Step 3 – Tip Services
These days, most betting sites have tipsters. But there are still some that lag behind. When looking at tipping services, bettors should also consider the quality of contributor.
You need to do research on individual tipsters on each site’s service and ask yourself the following questions:
- Do they write for other leading betting publications?
- Do they have a large social media following?
- Have they made accurate predictions in the past?
- Where do they get their sources from?
- Are there statistics to back up their tips?
Step 4 – Analyze Betting Markets
You need to be sure of what sports you can bet on at a sportsbook. Not all sites offer markets on every type of sport, but some will compensate for this by offering additional ‘special’ markets for popular sports. So, make sure you consider this aspect too.
Step 5 – Live Betting Lines
If you like to bet on games that are already in-play, you need to sign up at a sportsbook with live betting lines. Good in-play betting sites are compatible with mobile so you can place live wagers at any time.
Step 6 – Casino Games
Most sportsbooks are also online casinos. If you like playing casino games, your aim should be to sign up at an online gambling brand that offers both so that all your needs are met at once.
Step 7 – User Experience
Consider the aesthetic feel of the sports betting sites you visit. If you’re going to make a lot of bets, it is vital that you understand and are able to tolerate the layout. Presentation is a huge factor that one that should never ignored.
Sports betting apps are becoming increasingly popular due to the rise of in-play wagering. The best online sports gambling sites offer either apps or a mobile compatible version of their site so gamblers can bet on the move. In addition, sportsbooks are continually update their software to continually improve users’ mobile experience.
BetOnline.ag has probably got the best odds that you will get online. The sportsbook has also got a wide range of betting markets, including all the biggest sports as well as some less popular options.
At SportsBetting.ag, you are given access to a reliable sportsbook with very competitive odds. The site may look a little dated but the it is very easy to find the lines you would like to bet on.
MyBookie is probably one of the best dual sportsbook/casino sites available. Not only does the site give you access to one of the widest ranges of betting lines we have seen but you also get the chance to play amazing Betsoft games.
Bovada is one of the most well-known online sports betting sites. They have been in the business for a long time and has garnered a strong reputation by providing bettors with great lines.
Intertops has been around since before the internet began being used widely by the public. The sportsbook has got great lines on all the biggest sports and accepts bettors from a wide range of countries.
Wagerweb offer bettors access to a strong welcome bonus and a range of esports betting lines that aren’t always available at other sportsbooks.
BetNow is a capable sportsbook that offers great lines on some of the most popular sporting leagues. You will also be impressed with their bonus offer.
8. GT Bets
GT Bets offers bettors a colourful interface and a solid bonus. In addition to a great array of sports betting options, there are over 170 casino games available to play.
While YouWager’s offering may be smaller than other sportsbooks included on this list, their dedication to providing a variety of lines for the sports they do offer is what makes the site great.
Sportbet has got a good bonus program and some good lines available to all bettors, making them a worthwhile recommendation.
Understanding sports betting is fine and all; but you won’t be able to place any bets if you don’t have an account at a sportsbook. Here is an easy-to-follow guide detailing how to create an account:
- Choose a sportsbook.
- You will then be directed to a screen that will ask you to provide information, such as a username, date of birth and password. Some sites may require you to provide a physical address and/or ID to ensure that you are the legal gambling age.
- Once everything has been processed, you will be ready to bet on sports online; you just need to make your first deposit. Thus, navigate on over to the cashier section and select a deposit method.
- Follow the steps provided for your banking method and claim your sign-up bonus. Some sites may require you to enter a bonus code.
Making a deposit at a sports betting site is fairly simple. If you find yourself a little confused, just follow the steps listed below:
- Click on the sportbook’s banking section – you will see a list of deposit methods.
- Pick a deposit method – pick your deposit method.
- Follow the prompts – you will be required to enter the details needed to make a deposit.
- Confirm – complete the transaction by putting funds in your account.
If you are looking to learn how to retrieve your money from a sportsbook should you win, here is how to do so:
- Go back to the banking section – this time head to the withdrawal section.
- Pick a withdrawal method – select the method you would like to use to get your money.
- Follow the prompts – fill in all the information required to complete the withdrawal.
- Confirm – you are now ready to get your money. You may have to wait a few days to get it though.
Sports betting prediction sites populate the internet like nobody’s business, with each claiming that they have the expertise to help lead you to consistent wins. Or, some other unrealistic goal that would probably only be possible in a Hollywood film.
At Gambling360.com, we don’t create false expectations or promise you that our picks and predictions will win every time. Instead, we aim to provide you with picks generated through research and analysis of statistics. Our suggestions are meant to supplement your own feelings and research as try to make good bets.
Looking for some bets sports for today? Well, our experts post daily sports betting picks every day on the world’s most popular events:
Unsure of how sports betting works and the types of bets you will be able to make online? Well, here is a list of the most popular bets:
- Moneyline – a bet on a team or player to win an event. All you need to do with a moneyline is select a winner.
- Point spread – a sportsbook picks a favorite and an underdog. The sportsbook then sets a line by which the favorite needs to win by. For example, six points. Gamblers then bet on whether they think the favorite is able to overcome the line or the underdog will cover.
- Parlay – a bet slip which strings together two or more outcomes. It means that bettors need more than one event to go their way if the betslip is to payout.
- Futures – these are bets made on events that are due to happen a long time in the future. For example, picking the winner of the NBA Championship when the first game of a new season is played.
- Props – these bets are not outcome-based but rather event-based. For example, you can bet on a player to score a goal in a soccer match. It doesn’t matter which team wins the game as long as that player scored in the game.
To make sense of sports betting lines, you need to know how odds work. Odds help you determine how much you could win by making a wager. The higher the odds, the more you win. As such, odds are also able to tell you the likelihood of an event taking place. So, the higher the odds, the less likely that outcome will happen.
There are three different odds formats used at sportsbooks:
- Moneyline/American – odds are displayed with a positive or negative number. Bettors are able to work out how much they could win on a line with the following formulas:
- Positive – Odds x (Stake/100)
- Negative – (100/Odds) x Stake
- Fractional – this is the odds system used in the UK. Odds are displayed in a fraction, for example, 5/1. It can be difficult to calculate your winnings when lines are set at fractions such as 6/4, etc.
- Decimal – this odds system is probably the most straightforward of them all. All you need to do is multiply your wager by the odds to find out how much you could win.
Here are some general sports betting tips to help you start making the best bets from the start:
- Pay attention to team/player performances and adjust your predictions accordingly. For example, if you see that the Patriots are struggling without Tom Brady, it may not be a good idea to place a future on them to win the Super Bowl.
- Research computer and consensus picks. This could give you an understanding of how a particular matchup is going to go. Do keep in mind that these predictions aren’t always guaranteed to win. When you read picks and predictions, you should be paying more attention to reasoning behind decisions more than anything else.
- Don’t bet on sports that you do not understand or have not researched. You’ll get some lucky wins sometimes, but mostly you will lose money on a regular basis.
- Shop around for lines to ensure that you are making the most money possible on your bet. There is nothing more disappointing than learning you could have made more on a bet at another sportsbook.
While you can place bets on any sport, there are a few popular codes that make up the golden list. These are the following:
- NBA – the biggest basketball league in the world is very popular with bettors because it is so easy to predict potential results.
- NFL – as already mentioned, the Super Bowl generates the largest number of bets at betting sites each and every year.
- Soccer – bet on hundreds of soccer leagues around the world at the best online sports betting sites. The EPL is our favorite!
- Tennis – bet on all the biggest international tournaments, including the US Open, Australian Open, and more!
- Golf – golf has never been an easy sport to bet on, which means potential big wins when you do.
- MLB – bet on baseball online at any one of our recommended sportsbooks. With thousands of betting lines, you won’t ever get bored.
- NHL – the biggest hockey league in the world generates thousands of lines each and every season.
- MMA – think you know who is going to win the headliner in the next UFC, King of the Cage or Bellator pay-per-view? Well, why don’t you bet on it online.
- NCAA college basketball & football – college sports can be more exciting than professional sports at times. Apart from the Super Bowl, March Madness is the most bet on event at sportsbooks.
Online betting sites are exceedingly popular because they offer you the chance to earn extra wagering opportunities. Often, this comes in the form of extra cash/bonuses for more bets, free bets or win boost additions.
Essentially, bonuses are a way for sportsbooks to get gamblers to sign up and use their services. Not all bonuses are worthwhile. Each offer has got terms and conditions attached to it and some make you jump through loads of hoops before you can withdraw your winnings.
Here at Gambling360.com, we try to ensure that we recommend sportsbooks with bonuses that have manageable wagering requirements.
Sports betting can seem very scary for newcomers unfamiliar with the jargon. To help newbies, we’ve put together a list of the most common professional sports betting terms:
|Action||refers to the betting activity|
|Handicap||the process of awarding one team an advantage over the competing team|
|Handle||this is the total amount of money placed on bets|
|Sportsbook||the company/site that takes bets|
|Juice||similar to the house edge, juice is a percentage of all wagers taken by the sportsbook as profit|
|Spread||used in high scoring games like the NBA (similar to handicap)|
|Moneyline||a bet based on who will win a game, regardless of the spread|
|Pick’em||Pick’em are moneyline sports where the teams are equal|
|Parlays and Pools||a combination bet that usually takes place in office pools.|
Is it legal to bet on sports online in the US?
Yes and no. Some states have legalized sports betting while others haven’t. Be sure to check out the gambling laws in your state before betting on sports.
Should I bet on sports?
Yes, you should. If you are a huge sports fan, this could be a good way to make matches you watch even more entertaining. You don’t have to bet big in order to feel this benefit. In addition, you can make money on these bets.
How do sports bets work?
When you wager on sports, you are predicting that an outcome or event will take place in a match. Sportsbooks set odds at which that outcome will take place which then determines how much you will win if the bet is successful.
How do I win a bet every time?
There is no way to win every bet you place. Sports are unpredictable, so sometimes upsets will happen in even the most predictable of games. The only thing you can do is research to ensure that you are placing the most educated bets possible.
What sport is the easiest to bet on?
The NBA is said to be the most predictable sports league, whereas the MLB is said to be the league that is the hardest to predict. College basketball is also said to be a good way to get easy wins. If you’re looking to maximize your winning potential, we suggest focusing on these.
How much do professional sports bettors make?
It is estimated that most professional sports bettors make anywhere between $50000 and $150000 a year. The key to making money is not making stupid bets and ensuring that you never stake too much of your bankroll on a single bet.
What percentage of sports bettors win?
The average win rate in sports betting is around 55%, which is much higher than that seen in casino gaming. The issue is that it is very difficult to sustain a winning streak, which is what could lead to you losing your bankroll.
Why do sports bettors lose?
Most bettors lose due to reasons related to poor money management. You could be posting that 55%-win rate but not covering your losses due to choosing bad bets. You need to make sure that you have an even spread of bets that always leads you to retaining the amount you started with.
How can I know a winning team by odds?
You can determine which team the sportsbook thinks is going to win a match by seeing if it has high or low odds. The team you can win more money off of is the underdog – the team that is not favored to win. The team you win less money off of in the event of a win is the favorite.
How do you spot a value bet?
You need to do your research. Sometimes, sportsbooks undervalue teams that have a real chance of winning a matchup. You are only able to spot value bets if you know the teams involved in the matchup and the odds available on the line.