Anaheim Ducks at New Jersey Devils Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 12/18/19
In tonight’s NHL lineup, we’ll see the Anaheim Ducks at New Jersey Devils for an interconference matchup between two of the worst teams in the league. The Anaheim Ducks come into the game off a loss against the Philadelphia Flyers on the road, which saw them give up four goals. Although they’re on a one-game loss streak, their record in their last 10 counts against them. This would all be pretty damning if they were playing more competitive opposition though.
Sitting at 8th in the Metropolitan division, the New Jersey Devils have only managed to record 10 wins this season so far. With a new interim coach, the loss of Taylor Hall, and the regular season almost at the halfway point, things are looking very bleak for the Devils. They do come into the game off a win against the Arizona Coyotes on the road. So, it is at least looking relatively good for the team. So, who will win in this matchup?
Anaheim Ducks at New Jersey Devils Predictions
So, before we have a look at the predictions, here are some key Ducks and Devils stats and facts that helped us make them:
- The Anaheim Ducks enter this matchup with an overall record of 14-16-4. They don’t exactly have a good away record at 5-9-2, meaning that they are at the disadvantage in this game. Their record in their last 10 also counts against them at 4-5-1. As mentioned above, they come into this game off a 4-1 loss against the Flyers.
- Ryan Miller is projected to be the starting goalie for the Anaheim Ducks. Although Miller has got a lot of individual accolades behind him, he has not seen all that much game time this season and has impressed that much when he has been on the ice. He currently has a record of 4-2-2, a goals against average of 3 and a save percentage of .908. His last game was against the Washington Capitals in which the Caps put three goals past him.
- The New Jersey Devils enter this matchup with an overall record of 10-17-5. They seem to be playing better on the road than at home, with a home record of 4-7-5. Their streak in their last 10 has been very dismal at 2-7-1. They do come into the game off a 2-1 victory in Arizona.
- MacKenzie Blackwood is projected to be starting goalie for the Devils tonight. The team has recorded most of their victories with Blackwood on the ice with his overall record being 9-9-4. Thus far this season, he has posted a goals against average of 9-9-4 and a save percentage of .908. In his last game, the Devils beat the Yotes.
- Statistically, Anaheim seems to have the upper hand offensively. They lead the Devils in goals, power play percentage, faceoff percentage and shooting percentage. Defensively, the two teams seem to be more evenly matched, with the Devils leading in average shots on goal allowed and penalty minutes but Anaheim taking the lead in goals allowed and penalty kill percentage.
With all this said, here are our predictions for tonight’s Anaheim Ducks at New Jersey Devils matchup:
- Moneyline – we think that Anaheim may be good to take this one. Between the two teams, it seems that the Devils are struggling a lot more. In addition to this, the Ducks really do seem to have the Devils beat offensively.
Anaheim Ducks at New Jersey Devils Odds
Get the Best Odds
Read more of the latest NHL news here:
- Nashville Predators at New York Islanders Predictions, Picks & Odds 12/17/19
- Boston Bruins at Tampa Bay Lightning Predictions & Odds 12/12/19
- New York Rangers at Los Angeles Kings Prediction & Odds 12/10/19
- Anaheim Ducks at Washington Capitals Predictions & Odds 11/18/19
- Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 17/11/19