Anaheim Ducks at Washington Capitals Predictions & Odds 11/18/19
In tonight’s NHL game, it’s the Anaheim Ducks at Washington Capitals. In this Western Conference vs. Eastern Conference match, the Capitals are hoping to break their losing record with the Ducks. They’ve lost three games in a row to Anaheim.
The Anaheim Ducks are entering this game with a 10-9-2 record which places them 5th in the Pacific Division and 11th in the Western Conference. In their last game, they comfortably beat the St. Louis Blues 4-1. The scorers for the Ducks were Ryan Getzlaf and Derek Grant, who recorded a hat trick. In terms of goal tending, John Gibson played well, saving 37 of 38 Blues shots. Will they be able to keep up with that kind of performance against Washington?
The Washington Capitals will be playing the Ducks on home ice at the Capital One Arena in Washington, DC. They are going into this game with one of the best records in the NHL at 15-3-4. The Capitals are also first in the Metropolitan Division and the Eastern Conference. They are on a roll this season, beating one of the strongest teams in the NHL, the Boston Bruins 3-2 in a shootout. Top scorers for the Capitals during regulation time were Travis Boyd and T.J. Oshie. Goalie Braden Holtby allowed 2 goals on 23 of the Bruins shots that night. Can the Capitals stay their course and continue their hot streak, proving that they’re major contenders for this year’s Stanley Cup?
Anaheim Ducks at Washington Capitals Predictions
Before we can make any predictions, we need to take a look at some key metrics.
- They have a total of 57 goals, placing them 23rd in the NHL, and 22 points which ranks 19th in the league.
- When it comes to shooting towards the net, they have a total of 601 shots, which ranks them 23rd in the league. The Ducks tend to average 14.7 shots at the goal per game.
- The Anaheim Ducks have a goal differential of -2, ranking them 19th in the league.
- Defensively, Anaheim currently has a total of 208 blocks this season. Their goalie, John Gibson, has played a total of 932 minutes, allows in 2.38 goals per game (44 goals in total), and has a save percentage of .915. Gibson ranks 27th in the NHL on his goals per game average.
- Injury report: Hampus Lindholm is on injury reserve.
- On the other side of the ice, the Capitals have a total of 84 goals this season, ranking them first in the NHL.
- Looking at the number of shots at the net, they have a team shooting percentage of 11.6% which ranks them first in the conference.
- The Capitals also have a league-leading goal differential at +17.
- Looking at their defense performance, they have a team save percentage of .904, ranking them 17th in the NHL.
- Goal tender for the Capitals is Braden Holtby who’s had a bad start to the season, allowing in an average of 2.97 goals, placing him at number 28 in the league. For the 868 minutes he’s spent on the ice for Washington, he’s given up 43 goals. His save percentage is .904.
- Injury report: Nic Dowd and Carl Hagelin won’t be playing tonight.
So, now with all this in mind, we think that the Washington Capitals are going to record their 16th win.
- Moneyline – we wouldn’t take the moneyline bet on the Capitals as it won’t be worth your while. Instead we recommend going with a spread/puck line bet (they cover 63.2% of the time).
Anaheim Ducks at Washington Capitals Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news:
- Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 17/11/19
- Ottawa Senators at Carolina Hurricanes Predictions & Odds 11/11/19
- Arizona Coyotes at Washington Capitals Predictions & Odds 11/11/19
- Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings Predictions & Odds 11/8/19
- Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Islanders Predictions & Odds 11/7/19
- Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers Predictions & Odds 11/6/19