Gambling360.com brings you the best online casinos in New Zealand. We look at all the sites available to NZ players and then stick them through a strict review process.
With our help, Kiwi players will get to play their favourite gambling games, such as online pokies, roulette, and blackjack, from the comfort of their own homes. Just deposit at one of our top online casino sites, and start playing.
Here is why you should have a good look at our casinos:
- We only recommend online casinos that accept NZ dollars.
- All of our sites have a wide range of games on offer.
- Safety is of prime concern to us, so we only recommend trusted casinos.
So, if you’re looking for the best online casinos that payout in New Zealand, keep it here at Gambling360.com! We’ll show you all you need to know about gambling online with our guides and tutorials.
NZ Casino Links
- NZ Casinos List
- Top Paying Casino NZ – Our Review Process
- How to Create a Casino Account
- Top 10 Casinos in New Zealand
- Mobile Casino NZ
- How to Make a Deposit
- Kiwi Casinos – Games
- Play Casino Games Now
- Casino Bonuses
- Popular Casino Software Providers in New Zealand
- Responsible Gambling NZ
- New Zealand Casinos FAQs
There are many online casinos in New Zealand, thus separating the rabble from quality sites can be difficult. We accomplish this goal by putting the sites we come across through our casino review system.
Some of the areas we focus on in our reviews include:
- Safety – One of our review system’s focal areas is determining whether a casino is safe. We check if a casino is registered and regulated with the appropriate gambling authorities and uses SSL encryption before recommending it.
- User Experience – if a site is not easy to use, we don’t recommend it. Playing casino games is meant to be fun. If you’re getting worked up about whether your deposit went through, you’re definitely not having fun.
- Bonuses – many believe that bonuses are the sole reason to sign up at the fastest payout online casino NZ sites. You get access to game session-extending funds, thereby increasing your opportunities to win real money prizes.
- Gaming Selection – people sign up at casinos to play casino games. If a casino does not have a good selection of games, we do not recommend it.
- Customer Support – every online service provider needs to have a good customer service system. If you have an issue, you want to know it will be sorted out quickly. Common methods of getting in contact with the casino include live chat, email, and phone.
If you are going to play online, you will have to go through the motions of signing up at a web-based casino.
The process is straightforward; follow the steps below, and you should be good to go!
- Step 1: Pick a Casino – look at the options available to you and pick a casino that meets your needs. Ask yourself questions like, “Does it have the games I want to play?” “Can I play games for free?” “Are my preferred payment methods available?”
- Step 2: Fill in Your Details – once you have selected a casino, select the sign-up option, and fill in the required details. This could include your name, surname, ID number, phone number, username, and password.
- Step 3: Deposit Funds – input some cash into your new casino account to play games for real money.
- Step 4: Play, Play, Play! – you are free to play your favourite casino games as you please!
- LeoVegas (Solid Game Selection)
- MrGreen (Great for Payouts)
- Mummy’s Gold (Prime for Pokies)
- River Belle (Top for Loyalty Program)
- Wild Card City (Best for Bonuses)
- Jackpot City (Ideal for Microgaming Pokies)
- Jelly Bean (Excellent for Easy User Interface)
- All-Slots (Premier for Bonus Terms)
- Spin Palace (Perfect for Table Games)
- Gaming Club (Amazing for Reliability)
About 81% of Kiwis own a smartphone. Some of them are probably looking to play their favourite gambling games at New Zealand mobile online casinos.
Most casinos design their apps and sites to be compatible with the following operating systems:
- Android – about 64% of the smartphones floating around New Zealand are powered by Android. Thus, many casinos ensure that their platform is compatible with the OS.
- iOS (Apple iPhone and iPad) – about 24% of mobile devices in New Zealand run iOS. Any respectable casino has made their site easily accessible on Apple devices.
Here is a list of steps to help you make your first deposit or withdrawal at an online casino if you are feeling nervous:
- Navigate to the casino banking section – here you will find a list of deposit and withdrawal methods.
- Choose a deposit option – select the method you would like to use.
- Follow the prompts – enter the required details.
- Confirm – finish the transaction by clicking confirm.
NZ gamblers can play the most popular casino games online, including:
- Online Pokies – when you play online, you get access to a wide range of pokies (or slot games) from a load of software providers, such as Microgaming and NetEnt. (Our favourite game is Mega Moolah if you are looking for a game to start with.)
- Baccarat – most players in New Zealand probably have not played baccarat in a brick-and-mortar casino before due to the high buy-in. Well, when you play online, you can place bets of any value.
- Bingo – this popular social gambling game is available at many casinos. Will you match all the numbers on your bingo card?
- Blackjack – arguably, the second most popular card game of all-time. NZ gamblers get access to a wealth of blackjack games online.
- Craps – craps is extremely popular with educated NZ casino players because it features a low house edge.
- Poker – if you’re a fan of poker, you’ll just be tickled by the fact that the best New Zealand casinos online have many variations available.
- Roulette – so many New Zealanders believe that roulette provides players with a gambling experience that cannot be matched. Play American, European or French roulette online.
- Scratchies – although scratchies aren’t exactly the most popular game at brick-and-mortar casinos, the game is widely played online.
If you are unsure of what bonuses are, casinos generally provide players with extra money or free spins to play gambling games just for fulfilling a set of requirements, such as making a deposit.
Here are some of the most popular bonuses available at NZ gambling sites:
- Welcome Bonus – this is the bonus a player receives upon joining a casino. Usually, it is a huge cash amount and may include free spins too.
- Online Casino NZ Free Spins Bonus – this is a pokie specific bonus. Players are given free spins to use on a pokie game. Casinos give these bonuses to players when they are trying to promote a new game.
- Loyalty Bonus – this is an offer reserved for players who visit a casino site regularly. Casinos may choose to rewards their loyal players with free cash or spins.
Online Casino NZ No Deposit Bonus
This is the most sought-after bonus but the hardest to find. Players are given a bonus just for signing up at a casino, usually a small cash amount. Then, they get an opportunity to play real money casino games without spending their own money.
Online casino gaming in New Zealand is booming, with most casinos powered by several software providers. Some of the most renowned include:
- IGT – the classic casino gaming giant has been in the industry since 1975. With more than 40 years in the business, it is safe to say that they know how to create a good casino game.
- Microgaming – one of the oldest and largest online casino software developers, Microgaming has hundreds of games to choose from and constantly publishes new ground-breaking games with progressive jackpots.
- NetEnt – since launching in 2002, NetEnt has grown to become one of the largest casino gaming software providers. It is no surprise when you have a look at their quality games.
- Playtech – if you have played a superhero-themed pokie game in the last few years, it’s probably been a Playtech game. With loads of film-themed slots to choose from, players get the chance to reexperience their favourite movies all over again.
- Quickspin – a relatively new software provider, Quickspin really has stepped up to the plate since launching in 2011. Players will know Quickspin games when they seem them because they often have interesting themes, amazing bonus features, and great graphics.
- Realtime Gaming – another old industry member, Realtime Gaming is probably one of the most recognisable casino software providers. Although their games aren’t as technically advanced as others, they’re still very satisfying.
Online gambling is a fun pastime that can be enjoyed by all players who are of legal age to begin betting, which in New Zealand is 18 for sports betting and 20 for casino games. For some, playing casino games for fun sometimes grows to become a problem.
If you are a problem gambler or know someone who is, note that there is help available to you. Support groups who aim to tackle this unfortunate problem include the following:
- Gambling Helpline New Zealand – 0800 654 655
- Problem Gambling Foundation – 0800 664 262
- Salvation Army – +64 4 384 5649
NZ players can make bets at all the leading online casino and sports betting sites.
3. Mummy’s Gold
4. River Belle
5. Wild Card City
There are six casinos in New Zealand. This may seem like a small number, but with a population of just under five million people, there aren’t as many people to cater to.
The easiest way to win money is to play table games. The house edge attached to these games, including blackjack, roulette, and craps, is much lower than that of slots or keno.
Casinos won’t ban you for winning; no. They’ll only ban you if you give them a reason to, which means cheating to win. Remember that even if you try to use an exploit or a clearly broken part of the site to win, it’s considered cheating.
As mentioned with the rigged games, you need to make sure that you are playing games at sites regulated by the appropriate authorities. Only sign up at casinos that make use of 128-bit SSL encryption.
Check out our guides for other nations: