Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 2/10/20
Game Phoenix Suns at Los Angeles Lakers
Date & Time Monday February 10, 2020, 10:30 PM (EST)
Location Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, 90015, USA
The Line LAL -12.5
Tonight’s NBA lineup includes a Pacific Division clash with the Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns. Based on the current standings of the two teams, it seems as if this will be an easy prediction but anything can happen in the best basketball league in the world. Los Angeles comes into the match ranked first in the Western Conference and off a win against the struggling Golden State Warriors. Although they snatched the win in that one, the Lakers have not really been posting the best performances.
The Phoenix Suns come into the game ranked thirteenth in the Western Conference and fourth in their division. They come into the game on a one game losing streak after dropping a game against the Denver Nuggets. Although they still have a slight chance of making it to the playoffs this season, they will need to play hard in order to do so. And, getting a win against the best team in the conference isn’t exactly the easiest feat to pull off. Will the Lakers take this one as many expect? Or, will the Suns pull an upset?
Read more NBA picks here.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns Predictions
Before we get into who we think you should be betting on this game, have a look at some of the Lakers/Suns stats below to see why we made our decisions:
- The Los Angeles Lakers come into the game ranked first in the Western Conference with a record of 39-12. Although they have proved to be tough opposition at home (17-7) on most occasions, they have been on shaky form in the last few weeks having gone 6-4 in their last 10 matches. They are currently on a one-game winning streak.
- At this point in the season, pretty much everybody knows that the Los Angeles Lakers are driven by two key players: LeBron James and Anthony Davis. James currently leads the league in average assists per game whereas Davis is the team’s highest scorer averaging 26.5 points per game. Needless to say, the Lakers offense is pretty formidable.
- The Phoenix Suns come into the game ranked thirteenth in the Western Conference and an overall record of 21-32. They seem to be pretty terrible both at home and on the road having posted a road record of 11-14. In their last 10 matches, they have gone 3-7, with their last game being a loss.
- Devin Booker is the standout player for the Suns. Currently, he leads the team in average points per game at 26.7. He is assisted by Deandre Ayton who is averaging a double-double. All this has still not proved to be enough to help the Suns win.
- In the last matchup between these two teams (which took place on New Year’s Day), the Lakers beat the Suns with a score of 117-107.
- Statistically, there are a few metrics in which the Suns lead the Lakers. However, the Lakers rank in the top five in the league for many more key areas.
So, with all this said, here are our predictions for the Phoenix Suns at Los Angeles Lakers:
- Spread – take the risk on a -12.5 Lakers line. Although the team has not been playing as well as they can in recent weeks, we think that their performance is about to pick up and that they’ll vastly outclass the Suns in this one.
Get the Best Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns Odds Here
Read more NBA betting news here:
- Dallas Mavericks Take on Oklahoma City Thunders 01/27/20
- Washington Wizards at Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Preview 1/23/20
- Philadelphia 76ers at Chicago Bulls NBA Preview and Odds 17/01/2020
- New York Knicks at Milwaukee Bucks Predictions, Odds & Picks 1/14/20
- Sacramento Kings at Indiana Pacers Preview & Betting Odds 12/20/19