Washington Nationals at Los Angeles Dodgers Betting Odds, Predictions & Tips
It’s playoff season in the MLB, and with the Wild Card games now over, we’ll begin to see Division series start to kick off. Tonight, will see the winner of the National League Wild Card game, the Washington Nationals at Los Angeles Dodgers. With the Nationals riding high off the win, some may feel that they have a good chance of getting the first victory in the series; however, sportsbooks have favored the Dodgers.
It’s really no surprise that they have though. The Dodgers posted a regular season record of 106-56 this year which is a win percentage of 0.65. They also come into the game off a break, and have to play a Nationals side that scraped through their Wild Card matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers. It seems as if there is an obvious pick in this situation, but baseball can throw up some (un)expected surprises at times.
Washington Nationals at Los Angeles Dodgers Prediction
Sometimes looking at the stats of the two teams going into the game makes even the most unlikely of bets seem like a smart choice. Here are some facts to keep in mind about both teams:
- The Los Angeles Dodgers posted the second-best regular season record in the league this season (106-56). The Nationals on the other hand posted a record of 93-69; the ninth best in the league, and had to edge past the Milwaukee Brewers to make it to this round.
- The Dodgers led the regular season in pitching stats. They will be starting Walker Buehler against the Nationals who posted an ERA of 3.26 and has a record of 14-4 when starting. In his last start, he gave up two runs over five innings.
- After Max Scherzer struggled against the Brewers, the Nationals named Patrick Corbin against the Dodgers. Although Corbin isn’t ranked as high as Scherzer this season, he does have 14-7 record when starting. His last starting performance wasn’t all that great as Corbin gave up 6 runs in just over four innings.
- The Dodgers have a very strong batting line-up filled with players, such as Cody Bellinger or Justin Turner, who are completely capable of getting big hits when needed. The Nationals bullpen are going to have a tough time with the lot that’s for sure.
So, with all that said, here’s who we think our bettors should place their wagers on:
- Moneyline – it’s pretty clear that the Dodgers are favorites to win this match for a reason. We think the batting talents of the number one ranked National League team will prove to be too much for the Nationals pitchers. It also seems that the Dodgers are on a mission to win their first World Series title in thirty years, and this might just be the year.
- Run Line – we’re going the Nationals to +1.5 following their performance against the Brewers.
Kim’s MLB Postseason Record so far: 2-0.
Washington Nationals at Los Angeles Dodgers Odds
Latest MLB News:
- Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics Preview, Odds & Predictions
- Milwaukee Brewers at Washington Nationals Preview & Picks
- Mike Trout Ends Season Early Due To Foot Surgery; Center Fielder’s Health Questioned