Memphis Grizzlies vs. Los Angeles Lakers NBA Picks, Odds & Predictions 2/21/20
Recently updated on February 21st, 2020
Game: Memphis Grizzlies at Los Angeles Lakers
Date & Time: Friday February 21, 2020, 10:30 PM (EST)
Location: STAPLES Center, Figueroa Street, South Park, Bunker Hill, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, 90015, USA
The Line: Los Angeles Lakers -11.0 (-105)
The Memphis Grizzlies travel to California to face the Los Angeles Lakers, hoping to bring the number one seed in the Western Conference back down to earth. It will be the first game that the Lakers play in the NBA since the All-Star Break when they take on the Grizzlies on Friday night at the Staple Center. The LA Lakers have been on a good run of late, winning the last three games they played and five of their previous six.
They take on a Memphis side that won’t be overawed by the occasion, having displayed great basketball of their own. Despite the bizarre closing by the Grizzlies against the Sacramento Kings that lead to their loss, they are 8-11, which is good enough for 8th place in the West. They look set to make the playoffs if they continue displaying the same form that they’ve shown thus far.
Get more NBA picks here.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Los Angeles Lakers Predictions
Here are some stats for the Memphis Grizzlies vs. Los Angeles Lakers NBA matchup that we deem can swing the game on either side on the night.
- In numbers, Mephis is not too far off from the Lakers. They are averaging 113 points this season on 47.3 percent shooting. Point guard, Ja Morant is the player to watch, averaging 17.6 points and 7.1 assists in the league.
- What has halted their progress along the standing has been their defense, The Grizzlies are allowing 114.4 points on 45.3 percent shooting. These numbers don’t paint a good picture for the team heading into the playoffs.
- The Lakers, on the other hand, come into the game with a three-game winning streak momentum. Two of the team’s stars were heavily involved in the NBA All-Star Game and helped the West win against the Giannis-lead East.
- Davis is the Laker’s main man when it comes to scoring points, leading the team with 26.6 points per game. Beyond his offensive game, he doubles down to defend the post, averaging 9.2 rebounds per game.
NBA Moneyline Bets
The team that oddsmakers have pegged the LA Lakers to come out the victor in this game. Looking at the stats for the season, we can’t blame them. The last time the teams played each other in November, the Lakers won that contest.
Top USA Sportsbooks for Best Odds
See More NBA Betting News:
- Detroit Pistons at Orlando Magic Match Picks, Predictions & Odds 2/12/2020
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Portland Trail Blazers Predictions, Picks, & Betting Odds 2/11/20.
- Houston Rockets vs. Boston Celtics Predictions, Picks, Betting Odds 2/11/20.
- Washington Wizards vs. Chicago Bulls Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds 2/11/20.
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds 2/11/20.
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Sacramento Kings Preview 2/10/2020.