Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/28/19
The final game of Week 8 will see the Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers for a game that shouldn’t bet too hard to predict. While both teams are struggling, the Miami Dolphins have a clear strategy this year, and that is to lose to win in the long run. They come into the game with a record of 0-6, but did actually put up a good fight against the Buffalo Bills losing 31-21. But quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick put in the best performance of the season.
The Pittsburgh Steelers come into the game off a 24-17 win against the Los Angeles Chargers despite using third-choice quarterback Devlin Hodges who threw 200 yards, one touchdown against one interception. This week will see Mason Rudolph back at the position, which means that the team should see some better scoring chances. We think it’s going to be pretty easy to make some predictions in this game, but let’s see.
Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers Predictions
Before we make any predictions, let’s have a look at some Dolphins and Steelers stats and facts:
- As mentioned above, the Dolphins come into the game with a record of 0-6, which is abysmal. However, the Steelers record of 2-6 is not all that much better. The Steelers have at least been able to win, and pretty much all their games (except NFL Week 1 against the Patriots) have been near losses against tough opposition such as the Seahawks and 49ers.
- This week will see the return of the Steelers’ second-string quarterback Mason Rudolph who has been instrumental in ensuring that games remain competitive. In his four games, he has thrown for 646 yards and seven touchdowns against two interceptions. It seems the Steelers are hoping that Rudolph will turn out to be a sound replacement for Ben Roethlisberger when he retires.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick will be starting for the Miami Dolphins. He has had on-off performances this year having thrown 717 yards and three touchdowns against five interceptions. If he is able to replicate last week’s performance, Miami should be competitive. If not though, the Dolphins’ only other option is Josh Rosen who has been performing even worse than Fitzpatrick.
- The Dolphins defense challenges for the worst in the league. They are currently ranked 21st in total yards allowed and 30th in total passing yards allowed. They also allow an average of 417.3 yards per game.
With all that said, here are our predictions for Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers Week 8:
- Moneyline – at this point, any to win bet on Miami should be illegal. We don’t really recommend betting on the Steelers on a moneyline this week though as it won’t pay out very well due to almost all sportsbook pegging them as clear favorites to win this matchup.
- Spread – with Rudolph returning, we think the Steelers should be able to get a fair number of scores past the Dolphins’ ailing defense. We recommend going for a Steelers -14.5 line if you’re looking to make some money on the game.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 27-17 (Parlays: 0-2)
Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL betting news:
- New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars Predictions & Odds 10/27/19
- Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/24/19
- New England Patriots at New York Jets Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds