New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars Prediction, Picks & Betting Odds 10/27/19
Week 8 will see what we believe will be an interesting matchup with the New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars. So, the Jets are coming off an absolutely horrendous loss against the New England Patriots, which saw starting quarterback Sam Darnold “seeing ghosts”, and throwing more interceptions in one game than any professional player ever should. With a record of 1-5, the team will surely be looking to improve their fortunes with a win this week.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are having a bit of a mixed season with a record of 3-4. It is safe to say that Minshew-mania is dead after their rookie quarterback failed to lead the team to some wins over the Carolina Panthers and the New Orleans Saints. But he is still able to do the job and perform reasonably well. The Jaguars victory over the Bengals was a clear indication of this. With both teams featuring very questionable squads, who will get the edge in this matchup?
New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars Predictions
Well, before we make any predictions, here are some Jets and Jaguars stats that are worth looking into:
- The Jaguars are coming off a 27-17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals who have yet to record a win this season. As mentioned above, the Jaguars record is 3-4 this year so far.
- On the other side, the Jets are coming off a 33-0 defeat against AFC East division rival, the New England Patriots, who have the number one ranked defense in the NFL.
- Jaguars rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew has been having a pretty good season, especially for a player who wasn’t meant to be a starter. Thus far this season, he has thrown for 1,697 yards and 10 touchdowns against two interceptions.
- Jets quarterback Sam Darnold hasn’t garnered quite the stats Minshew has, having thrown for 599 yards and three touchdowns against five interceptions. It should be noted that four of his interceptions came in the game against the Patriots and that he has only been back in action for two weeks.
- Thus far, the Jaguars have allowed an average of 21.1 points per game, whereas the Jets have allowed 26.0. This could indicate that the Jaguars defense is slightly better than the Jets.
With all this said, here are our predictions for Week 8’s New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars matchup:
- Moneyline – we’re going with the Jets. Following the Jets’ massive loss against the Patriots, everybody seems to be reeling and suggesting that Darnold may not be the man to lead the franchise. However, we think that while Darnold gave a terrible performance, he was playing against the best team in the league at the moment. The Jaguars aren’t quite as good and even though we really like Gardner Minshew, we know that he too is fallible. We just think that sportsbooks haven’t really valued the Jets properly here.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 25-16 (Parlays: 0-2)
New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Find the latest NFL betting news here:
- Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/24/19
- New England Patriots at New York Jets Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills Picks, Predictions & Odds
- Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds