Ottawa Senators at New York Islanders Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/5/19
In today’s NHL action, we’ll see the Ottawa Senators at New York Islanders for an Eastern Conference matchup. The two team’s narrative could not be any different at this point in the season. The Senators come into the game ranked seventh in the Atlantic Division and 15th overall in the Eastern Conference. They are having a pretty terrible season but they do come into this game off a big 6-2 win against the New York Rangers. They will be looking to carry this momentum into this game.
On the other side, the Islanders have started off the season very well. They are currently ranked second in the Metropolitan Division and third in the Conference. They also enter the game on a nine-game winning streak. Head coach Barry Trotz has done well to turn the team’s form around and they seem as if they are good to make it to the playoffs this year with this form. Is this prediction as simple as it seems to be?
Ottawa Senators at New York Islanders Predictions
Before we get into any prediction making, here are some key facts about both the Senators and Islanders you may find pretty interesting:
- The Ottawa Senators have posted an overall record of 4-8-1 so far this season. Although they come into the game off a win against the New York Rangers, this will be their third straight game on the road. Their victory against the Rangers (who are struggling too) was their first away win this season. Their away record currently sits at 1-4-1.
- Craig Anderson is projected to be named starting goaltender for the Senators tonight. Thus far this season, he has posted a record of 2-5-0, a goals against average of 3.09, and a save percentage of .900. In his last match against Boston, he let five past him. He also replaced Anders Nilsson in their last match against the Islanders after Nilsson let four goals past.
- The New York Islanders have had a phenomenal start to the season so far. They have posted a record of 10-3 and are currently on a nine-game winning streak. Their offensive and defensive stats are generally on the upper end of the scale. They are ranked third for goals allowed and fourth for shooting percentage. However, they rank dead last for faceoffs and average shots on goal.
- Semyon Varlamov is projected to start as goaltender for the Islanders tonight. He hasn’t had a bad season so far and is coming off a shutout against the Buffalo Sabres. Thus far, Varlamov has posted a 5-2-0 record, a goals against average of 2.14, and a save percentage of .929. The alternative is Thomas Greiss who is also not been bad this season. He has posted a record of 5-1-0, a goals against average of 2.15, and a save percentage of .933. It seems that the Islanders are good either way.
With all that said, our predictions for the Ottawa Senators at New York Islanders are as follows:
- Moneyline – we’re going with the Islanders on this one. The Senators are having a terrible season, and this will be their third straight game on the road. The Islanders are a tough team, and at home against a struggling team, they are an easy pick.
- Puck Line – we don’t always try puck lines on daily NHL fixtures but this one seems as if it could be an easy win. We’d go with an Islanders -1.5 line as the Senators have been outscored by more than two goals in all but one of their losses this season.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 20-23
Ottawa Senators at New York Islanders Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Arizona Coyotes at Edmonton Oilers Prediction & Odds 11/4/19
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Boston Bruins Prediction & Odds 11/4/19
- Buffalo Sabres at Washington Capitals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/1/19
- Calgary Flames at Nashville Predators Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/31/19
- Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets Prediction, Picks & Betting Odds 10/30/19