The Cleveland Browns will take on the San Francisco 49ers at the Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara this Monday, and the match is sure to be something to watch. Both team’s walk into the game with a different rhetoric surrounding their past performances. While Cleveland was heavily favored by football fans and bettors to do well this season, they have not really lived up to expectation.
However, the San Francisco 49ers entered the season with low expectations, many believing that coach Kyle Shanahan past records dismal, and with little chance of improvement, especially with the little used Jimmy Garoppolo at starting quarterback. Alas, the team has managed to go undefeated thus far this season, with a record of 3-0. Will this all come crashing down this week though?
Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers Prediction
Before rushing to make any bets at your favorite bookie, let’s have a look at some of the stats surrounding each of the teams in this matchup:
- The 49ers are currently the only undefeated team in the NFC, and currently hold a record of 3-0 due to a recent bye week. However, the Browns have posted a 2-2 record, picking up big wins and big losses too.
- The 49ers have currently rank fourth overall in passing yards, third in total yards allowed, and fifth in total yards per game. The Browns numbers are very mediocre by comparison ranking 15th overall in yards per game and points per game.
- Jarvis Landy, one of Browns’ quarterback Baker Mayfield’s preferred receivers, suffered a concussion against the Ravens and is considered doubtful for this game. In addition, Mayfield has not had the best season thus far, throwing only four touchdowns, and a total of six interceptions.
- The 49ers are coming off a bye week that is sure to have given players some time to rest and perhaps may mean they will perform better. Running back Tevin Coleman is also said to be returning, and after a good season with the Falcons last year, he is sure to present an additional threat to the Browns defense.
So, with this all this said, who would we recommend betting on? Well, have a look below:
- Moneyline – following a big win at the Ravens last week, it seems that many bettors believe that sportsbooks undervaluing the Browns. However, the Browns seem to be sailing on somewhat of a creaky ship. Sometimes they perform well, and other times they try to perform a draw play on 4th and 9. The 49ers have been a far more solid team that seems to be performing very well, and one that may really challenge for the Super Bowl. Their numbers don’t lie, which is why we’d recommend sticking with them.
Kim’s NFL Record so far: 11-9 (Parlays: 0-2)
Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers Betting Odds
Check out our other NFL News:
- Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants Preview, Predictions & Betting Odds
- Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers Preview and Betting Lines
- Is Patrick Mahomes Worth a US$200 Million Contract Extension?
- Will Freddie Kitchens Take the Fall for the Cleveland Browns Bad Start?
- Mitchell Trubisky: Holding The Chicago Bears Back?