Week 8 will see a good AFC South matchup with the Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium for the London Series. The two teams come into the game with only one win separating them in division standings. The Texans come into the game with a record of 5-3 and off a narrow win against the Oakland Raiders that saw quarterback Deshaun Watson throw three touchdowns and 279 yards.
The Jacksonville Jaguars also come into a game off a win against the New York Jets. Gardner Minshew also had a good game throwing three touchdowns and for 279 yards. Despite their 4-4 record, the team has been peforming very well against challenging opposition which the Texans will definitely be. So, who will win in this big divisional game?
Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars Predictions
Well, before we make any predictions, here are some things to keep in mind about the Texans and the Jaguars:
- As mentioned above, the Texans come into this game with a 5-3 record. Throughout the season, they have managed to pickup some big wins against teams like the Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Chargers. They have already beaten the Jaguars before this season albeit by a narrow margin.
- Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is having a pretty good season. Thus far, he has scored 13 touchdowns against 5 interceptions and thrown for 2231 yards. He is currently ranked third in the NFL’s quarterback index for his tenacity.
- The Jaguars come into the game with a 4-4 record. If you had told fans that they were going to get so many wins with rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew in the driving seat, they’d probably told you otherwise. They come into this match with a win over the New York Jets but they have had a tougher time at getting those W’s against tougher teams like the New Orleans Saints or Carolina Panthers.
- Jaguars quarterback Gardner Minshew is having a phenomenal season for someone in their first season. Thus far, he has thrown for 1976 yards and 13 touchdowns against two interceptions.
- The Jaguars defense isn’t the greatest in the league but they do outclass Houston in a number of areas, including yards allowed per game, passing yards allowed and points per game allowed. Last week, they also forced Jets quarterback Sam Darnold to throw three picks.
With all that said, here are our predictions for the Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars:
- Moneyline – we like Jacksonville in this one. They seem to be on a good streak after picking up wins against both the Cincinnati Bengals and the New York Jets. They are also better defensively than the Texans. Both teams are also bound to be feeling some travel fatigue coming into this matchup.
Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars Odds